PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breville Pie Magic pie maker instructions and recipe help please

Options
Hello,

I have just acquired a Breville Pie Magic through Freecycle and was wondering if anyone could give me some basic instructions for using it as it did not come with a manual.

I think I remember someone on OS saying that they used theirs all the time to batch make lots of pies to put in the freezer and it seemed they were quite creative with their ingredients- both sweet and savoury. I couldn't find the thread again though.

Mine needs a good clean - am wondering how to clean it too? I guess it will have to be a damp microfibre cloth? Think it will need some disinfecting too :eek: _pale_

I would welcome any help you can give me
TIA
Sparkly

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    These threads may help - look for the posts by HOLsale

Savoury Pie Ideas

Freezing Pies

Food Processors (post #11)

HTH :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Chip_Butty_3
    Chip_Butty_3 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Not sure of the cleaning, I use a damp cloth around the non stick areas & plastic, however if therse years of crud ! Not sure.

I havn't any instructions with mine either, its not that hard to use.

Make up a batch of pastry, then I use the largest cutting ring as a guide & then cut a larger circle aroung that. Same with the pie lid. It is trial & error to begin with. Even if the lid is pieced together it will be ok. I have tended to cook them for about 8 -10 mins, however I havn't timed it, that's a rough guestermation.

As for fillings, I have used spare bolognaise mince & also tried a sweet mince, from a jar left over from Christmas. So far all have been fine, with no complaints.

Happy cooking.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • gemmaj
    gemmaj Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a Breville pie magic at a car boot for £1.50 last weekend, complete with instruction manual. PM me and I can find a way to share the instructions with anyone who is interested (maybe email you a scan?)
  • demented_2
    demented_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    Just got one on ebay, I was going to say the same thing. Was going to photo copy the instructions for you any/one and send them. If any of you guys want a copy give me a pm. Good luck with your pie magic. Let us know how you get on. I can't wait for mine. :j :j
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
  • demented_2
    demented_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gemmaj and sparklymessygirl. How are you both getting on with your
    pie magic's? I have just used mine and it was ok. It was a bit of trial and error. I think that i didn't roll the pastry out thin enough. took 25 mins for the pastry to cook, but hey, did another lot of Apple pies and they took 15 mins so I think i am getting the hang of it. Really wanted to know how both of u's are getting on with your new toy.

:D
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
  • gemmaj
    gemmaj Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Must admit, I made a few slightly strange tasting pies and haven't bothered since! Also the pies are a bit small for dinner.

I am telling myself that I am waiting to find pastry at the supermarket at the end of its sell by date, reduced to 10p!

I did make some yorkshire puds but I wouldn't call it a great success. They took a long time to cook and weren't as nice as done in the oven.

Maybe I will end up carbooting it back again!
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    Hiya - I saw a thread the other week about pie maker recipies but can't find it anywhere. Can anyone find the link or give me a couple of hints. My MIL gave me hers as she doesn't use it anymore. I was thinking of doing a big batch today but need a little advice first please.
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Hi there,

I have no recipes myself but wondered if you had an instruction booklet with yours? I got a breville pie magic but with no instructions from freecycle. Unfortunately I have not got mine into a sanitary enough state to use it yet!!!

Sparkly
  • i_wanna_save_money!
    Options
    Hi no I haven't got any instructions I just saw it in MIL cupboard when she was cleaning and she said I could have it. I just need someone to say how long to leave it on, how thin to roll it etc. I am planning on making big batch of meat and potato pies to freeze so obviously i will cook the filling first just dont want to waste money and time if pastry turns hard or something......
  • sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Here's a link to the a thread I posted about the pie maker

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=202820

Sparkly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts