Can't switch supplier as national database incorrect??

Options

Comments

• diw47uk
    Options
    Thanks for the pointer. I’m still quite new to this. Being 70 I am a bit of an old bird and cannot seem to get in touch with E-On on here. Sorry for being dim. What am I doing wrong.

My meters were changed in August so makes sense would’ve been around that time.
  • trickytree1963
    trickytree1963 Posts: 255 Forumite
    edited 8 November 2017 at 10:13PM
    Options
    diw47uk wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to change supplier and my meter is showing as a pre pay gas meter, but they were changed to mart meters in august, no one seems to want to help or get this corrected :(
    Everytime I try Eon, they tell me it is correct
    i try phoning now and cannot get through, and the webchat isnt working

any suggestions on where I can go next?

If you have a Smart credit meter with Eon and they have it on databases as PAYG you need to raise a complaint to Eon to get the database corrected. Write to them heading letter "Complaint" and outline the issues. They might not have updated the Meter Serial number and status on the database . This could be the root of the problem.
  • SpotlandRules
    SpotlandRules Posts: 192 Forumite
    edited 8 November 2017 at 10:25PM
    Options
    To keep you costs down, whilst this farce is carrying on, move to another tariff with EON. Yes, there will be leaving fees mentioned, but ignore those.

When the database is correct. move over to EON's standard tariff, as there is no leaving charge for that tariff.

It will then be free to move.
  • diw47uk
    Options
    Thank you both for the advice. They are both great ideas. I will get onto that tomorrow. And transfer into a cheaper tariff while I wait. Thank you so much for advising an old dear in the next steps
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    diw47uk wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to change supplier and my meter is showing as a pre pay gas meter, but they were changed to mart meters in august, no one seems to want to help or get this corrected :(
    Everytime I try Eon, they tell me it is correct
    i try phoning now and cannot get through, and the webchat isnt working

any suggestions on where I can go next?

Morning diw47uk,

I'm sorry I didn't get time to reply yesterday :o

Thank you guys for helping with my email address and what to do :T

I'm sure I can help you.

I've got the email that you sent, but could you please send me another one with your account number, full address and post code. Your new meter serial number (this should be on a [FONT=&quot]sticker[/FONT] on the meter)

I can then email all the details over to the guys that can up date the data base.

Thank you.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • diw47uk
    Options
    Hello Helena
    I have sent them over
    thank you for the help, and thank you for everyones help
  • ywyeap
    Options
    Dear Helena, I am unable to switch supplier as well due to the same issue with national database. I have been on the phone with E.On and they have advised me to contact National Grid. Upon speaking to National Grid, they have advised me that E.On should be contacting them instead to make any changes to my address. Looks like I am being passed around. I have sent an email to both E.On and National Grid but I would appreciate if you can help in making sure this gets resolved so I can change supplier. Tariff ending in 2 weeks.

Many thanks in advance.
    Wayne
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    needs to be sorted by your existing supplier.

can take 28 days
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ywyeap wrote: »
    Dear Helena, I am unable to switch supplier as well due to the same issue with national database. I have been on the phone with E.On and they have advised me to contact National Grid. Upon speaking to National Grid, they have advised me that E.On should be contacting them instead to make any changes to my address. Looks like I am being passed around. I have sent an email to both E.On and National Grid but I would appreciate if you can help in making sure this gets resolved so I can change supplier. Tariff ending in 2 weeks.

Many thanks in advance.
    Wayne

Morning ywyeap,

Welcome to the forum :)

Is it your address that is wrong?

If you can send all of your information to me using the email in my profile, I can get it emailed off for you.

I'll need your full name, account number, correct information that you need updating and meter details.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • PJLP
    PJLP Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thought I would be able to contact Helen through the Forum directly hope she checks in and contacts me .

I am trying to move from Scottish Power , they have an incorrect gas meter number identified to our property .

I have sent them photos of the meter clearly showing the number installed . A meter reader also provided the same information to them via his PDA , They have this information since October but still not changed . Can it be chaged by anyone other than your existing supplier .

Otherwise you account is just kidnapped by them .

Please give me a link to contact you Helen to help if you can
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure