***** Aldi super six offers *****

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Apples and carrots perhaps about all I fancy on there
    The problem is they're not even a nice size, just tiddlers. I bought some grown-up size apples and carrots instead.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    The problem is they're not even a nice size, just tiddlers. I bought some grown-up size apples and carrots instead.

I agree why is it a marketing ploy to call undersized fruit 'fun' things .There is nothing fun about them just the smaller ones that don't get through quality control. :D

Chantannay carrots are quite nice especially if you honey glaze them but far too fiddly for turning into soup. as for 'fun sized pears well three bite and the 'fun' has gone. I may just go to my local independant greengrocers and buy some locally grown apples that are not 'funny' at all but at 59p Ib you can pick out what you want/need and laugh all the way home :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I agree why is it a marketing ploy to call undersized fruit 'fun' things .There is nothing fun about them just the smaller ones that don't get through quality control. :D

Chantannay carrots are quite nice especially if you honey glaze them but far too fiddly for turning into soup. as for 'fun sized pears well three bite and the 'fun' has gone. I may just go to my local independant greengrocers and buy some locally grown apples that are not 'funny' at all but at 59p Ib you can pick out what you want/need and laugh all the way home :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    This has to be post of the year! :D:D:D

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you!

Dehydrated persimmon fruit discs & apple rings - yum!
    Great idea, I love dried apples and pears, got some of the persimmon today, not tried them dried, will grab some more and apples tomorrow,
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

I like the carrots cooked Tom Kerridge recipe with star anise. they freeze great.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The parrot will be all over the pomegranates as long as they have juicy red flesh and seeds and not pale insipid inside.
  • pakokelso93
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

The wee carrots are outstanding though. Sweet and superb.

The Apples though were too small in terms of size. Was one of the poorer super 6's
    PK! :money:
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody know the next super 6 yet please? Desperate for fruit!
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Taken from HUKD - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aldi-super-6-fruit-veg-offer-59p-available-from-thursday-17-november-wednesday-30-2547973

Available From Thursday 17 November - Wednesday 30 November
    Green Beans 220g 59p
    Baby Plum Tomatoes 275g 59p
    Conference Pears Min. 5 Pack 59p
    Red Onions 1kg 59p
    Swede 59p Each
    Leeks 500g 59p
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Smidster wrote: »
    Taken from HUKD - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aldi-super-6-fruit-veg-offer-59p-available-from-thursday-17-november-wednesday-30-2547973

Available From Thursday 17 November - Wednesday 30 November
    Green Beans 220g 59p
    Baby Plum Tomatoes 275g 59p
    Conference Pears Min. 5 Pack 59p
    Red Onions 1kg 59p
    Swede 59p Each
    Leeks 500g 59p
    Thanks for posting.

I find the selection highly uninspiring. Lidl had nice big punnets of pears last week for the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure