misstara's debt diary 2014

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still can't work out how to quote two people in one post so... thanks to you both for your comments. The contact lens work out at around 11.00 a month which isn't a huge expense but obviously the money could be put to better use. I usually wear contacts about 80% of the time so reverting back to glasses full-time will be a bit strange, however, I will see how I get on. Steph, fortunately I hate going to the hairdresser so save a fortune on this - I haven't had my hair cut for about 9 months!

So today was practically a NSD, just 2.10 on bus fare home from work. However, tomorrow won't be as we have run out of toilet roll, margarine and milk. I'm also meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow, will be good and not have cake - good for my purse and waistline!

It is also my first proper day off tomorrow in over a week so plan to have a fairly relaxed day. I keep saying tomorrow when technically its later on today so on that note I'm off to bed.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • misstara
    Options
    Thanks to Martins weekly email, I got some mini handcreams free from L'Occitane today. Think I will keep one for myself and put the other two towards presents for upcoming birthdays. I have bought a birthday present today which was 15.00 but remembered I had some money in PayPal which covered it.

Have also spent 5.69 on milk, teabags, toilet rolls and breakfast biscuits. Started carrying a pack of breakfast biscuits in my handbag just in case I get hungry, it saves me from buying something when I'm out.

Not going for coffee anymore as my friend is not feeling well so a little money saved there although will reschedule for some point next week.

Updated my signature to show how much I've paid so far. Noticed a lot of peoples signatures have %paid and have pinched the idea as think this is a great idea to keep me motivated. Have also made a wee payment of 2.04 to cc1.

Got a payslip for 2nd job so going to sit down and write a budget for next week, also make a menu plan.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • misstara
    Options
    Sat down with OH and made a meal plan for next week. I have also written a list of what we need. Some of it I'll be able to get at the local market tomorrow n the rest I'll get at the supermarket on Saturday after work.

Spent a pound on the fancy weight machine in the gym this evening which gives you your BMI n body fat %. I am planning to do this again at the end of each month to see my progress (if any!). So in case I lose the slip of paper, will record it here to look back. Weight 11 stone 3 pounds, BMI 26.0, body fat 32.7%. Am hoping by doing this every month it will keep me motivated to lose a bit of weight and get fitter.
  • Kei
    Kei Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with the gym!!! The body fat % is a good one to measure, it's good to see that go down when you put the hard work in
    [STRIKE]Family £400[/STRIKE] CC1 [STRIKE]£415[/STRIKE] Lloyds [STRIKE]£460[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Natwest£750[/STRIKE] £627.59 Tesco [STRIKE]£1880[/STRIKE] £1725 Grand total £2,352.59

Pay off all debt by xmas 2014 #136 £1552.41/£3905

Additional money made 2014 £88.50
  • pantherchick
    Options
    Kei wrote: »
    Hi Mistara,

Me too, my payday is on Monday, first one of the year!

Well done so far and good luck x
    hi there,
    you are doing really well. well done. im going to drop by and see what advice you can give me... ive lost my focus and need guidance. xx
  • misstara
    Options
    Kei wrote: »
    Good luck with the gym!!! The body fat % is a good one to measure, it's good to see that go down when you put the hard work in

Thanks Kei, I really enjoy going to the gym. I find it totally de-stresses me, I just sometimes struggle to find the time to go. The gym I go to is under £20 a month which is cheap compared to some plus I often go with a friend so am being social without spending much money.
  • misstara
    Options
    hi there,
    you are doing really well. well done. im going to drop by and see what advice you can give me... ive lost my focus and need guidance. xx

Hi pantherchick. Thanks, I don't really feel as though I've been on my debt free journey long enough to give anyone advice! However, the thing I have found to be most useful is making sure I post on here everyday n what I've spent that day. I used to be really bad for popping into the shop almost every day after work n buying some chocolate or juice. Small purchases but it all adds up. I definitely don't do this as much because I know I will have to confess it on here. Also cutting up my credit cards was scary but it has definitely made me think more about where my money is going n to put money by for things as I can no longer use the credit card to make up the shortfall. Good luck - I hope you get your focus back :)
  • misstara
    Options
    I got paid today from weekly job - £124.50. I put £30 by for the electricity bill n £20 towards next weekend in Edinburgh. I will need £35 to cover direct debits due out next week and I also made a payment of £4.50 to cc1. This leaves £35 to do me until next Friday - should be doable.

Spends today are £3 on eggs n veg from the local market, £4.50 on a birthday present n £2.60 on postage. So that's one birthday out the way, 3 more to go in the next few weeks.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi MissTara

You are doing fantastically. It's nice to record everything down in your diary as its an amazing journey and we need to keep ourselves motivated.

Thought I would post to help you out on multiple quoting on here.

If you look at the icons on the bottom right of everyones posts, you will see the THANKS button, then the QUOTE button and then there are two speech bubbles. If you click on the speech bubbles of every post you want to quote then click reply, it will include them all in your post.

Hope that isn't as clear as mud.
    xxxx
  • misstara
    Options
    Thanks Steph yep that makes perfect sense.

Me and OH went for a walk today and then went to A*di on the way home. Spent £22.68 and got heaps of food. Now have around £7 to do until next Fri so may have to transfer some money back over from other account. Hopefully not though, will see how I go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure