Register to vote by 22 May

Options
UKParliament
UKParliament Posts: 749 Organisation Representative
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
C_Y90K_XUAApeM7.jpg

In order to vote in the general election on 8 June, you must ensure you are registered to vote by 22 May.

Registering only takes a few minutes and all you need is your address and your National Insurance number. You can check if you are already registered by contacting your local Electoral Registration Office.

Click here to register if you are in England, Scotland or Wales. If you are in Northern Ireland, click here.

Remember that you can opt-out of the 'open register' if you would prefer. This does not affect your right to vote.

How does the General Election work?

What if I can't get to the polling station on 8 June?

You can apply to vote by post or by proxy if you're not able to get to your polling station on the day.

I'm moving house, how do I cast my vote?

If you have recently moved house, you should register to vote at your new address by 22 May. If you are moving house after the 22 May and before polling day on 8 June, you should register at your current address (i.e. the place you will still be living at on 22 May). You can then apply to vote by post or, if you prefer, you can vote in person at the polling station near your registered address.

Visit Parliament for free if you're aged between 18 and 24

To encourage young adults to register, vote and engage with the democratic process, all UK ‘young voters’ currently aged 18 to 24 can book a free place on a tour of Parliament. For tour dates and to book a place, please click here.
Official Organisation Representative
I’m the official organisation rep for the House of Commons. I do not work for or represent the government. I am politically impartial and cannot comment on government policy. Find out more in DOT's Mission Statement.

MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport