manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Think it depends on where you are and what you're doing.

About 15 of us spent 7 months on secondment to Solihull, from Castle Bromwich, in BIW and most of us jumped at the chance to go back.

Yes it is busier at Solihull, but the potential earnings are very much higher and in our opinion the shift patterns are better.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    What shift patterns do you work at CB then? I assumed 3 shift same as most of us.

I've worked in BIW all my time here and in the last 2/3 months since de-manning the extra workload put onto every persons process has made it hell. I want out.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's days at the moment with a skeleton night crew.

If and when it goes to 3 shifts it is likely to be 37hrs, 6-2, 2-10, 10-6, with a Friday of 6-11, 11-4 and 5-9. So coming back on a Friday evening to finish the nights off.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    I'd love that! Straight days i mean. Nights are vile, doing on my 2nd week of them now.
  • Chingymoto
    Options
    Hi, has anyone heard anything about contracts when your on the 5 year probation period.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    Anyone who started on Jan 1st 2015 or after is on a 5 year maximum walkup which means after 5 years they either have to give you a job or fire you. Union said they didn't negotiate a guaranteed job offer so even if you had no sick days after 5 years they can fire you.

It's supposed to be a maximum of 5 years but the deal stated there can only ever be 10% manpower and 90% JLR in terms of staff levels but sadly the union are useless and only interested in themselves. They have no interest in getting anyone a job because they are alright jack.

Currently over 20% manpower on site at Solihull. In short i'd wager we will never get jobs and will get let go at end of 5 year period or before if you have time off/disciplinary problems.
  • Chingymoto
    Options
    Hi, has anyone heard anything about the contract situation at jlr Solihull?

As there was a brief from the union a few weeks ago regarding it, and a goodwill gesture.
  • Derbz
    Derbz Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    I got a email last thursday to ring a mobile number for start dates. I got through after ringing 35times and got a start date for 11th sept at solihull.

They said it was 3 month temp but will be looking to take people on after.

:beer:
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    Derbz they are lying to you mate to get you to leave your current job. It's what they did to all of us. I've been here over 2.5 years and i'm nowhere near getting a job but if you are out of work then try it, you got nothing to lose :)
  • Derbz
    Derbz Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi suicidemachine

Did you start on a 3 month contract
    Then just keep getting it extended.

Can you tell me is the uniform the same as jlr staff and what is the pay rate ive been told £11.99 as a basic day rate. Dont know about shift allowance.

Thanks mate:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport