Thanks Mum this is for you...single gal, a pony and a mission to beat the mortgage

Options

Comments

• Runders
    Runders Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Baldybear,

I've just been reading your diary after coming back from a break away from the forum. Your Horse is beautiful! My family have a retired shire cross; he lives in the field and devotes his days to dedicated eating. But, at 25yrs you can't really blame him.

Well done on your journey so far, you are making such great steps.
    MFW Start:[STRIKE] Sep 2014 - £110,844[/STRIKE], July 2019 New Home £190,995 :eek:
    Current: £82,999.69, £190,972.18, £188,091.57, £180,026.25
    2021MFW #97 OP Goal £296.36/£3000
    2020MFW #97 OP Goal £3104.09.09/£3000
    2019MFW #109 OP Goal £1024.99/£1000
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    She is gorgeous.

Thank you, not so on one of her grumpy days, but on the whole she is great :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Runders wrote: »
    Hi Baldybear,

I've just been reading your diary after coming back from a break away from the forum. Your Horse is beautiful! My family have a retired shire cross; he lives in the field and devotes his days to dedicated eating. But, at 25yrs you can't really blame him.

Well done on your journey so far, you are making such great steps.

Thanks for dropping by, my old boy eating was his life, apart from last few months there wasnt a time he wasnt eating at some point, even out riding he consumed more calories than used up :rotfl:
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good afternoon, monday nearly over :D

So friday and sunday ended up being a NSD, had 10 in july, last few years averaging 16 or so, must do better!

Saturday took dad for eye test, 2 new pairs of glasses ordered, £198 paid but dad has re-paid. Came back and weeded half of sisters garden. Sunday spent some time with the hoss and then took dad to a joint church service on our local green, not normal as village closed for the ride london bike race so couldnt go anywhere even if we wanted to!

Yesterday took dad to memory clinic, got some different medication to help with Alzheimers, will start later today, hope it helps, then picked up sister and co from airport. Was in short term car park for just over an hour £12 :eek: so expensive!

Back home now and although living with dad has been ok, it has been quite tiring as was going back lunchtimes at home so nice to have a few days off. Sister is on school holidays now so easy for her to look after dad.

Money gone out to savings Standing orders now, £600 sent to various accounts :) Still need to pay my Bcard off but awaiting refund of an item, got a few weeks before interest starts so will keep a close eye on it. Bit short in current account this month due to spending last week, suitcase for sis, plus books and other random stuff cant remember it all, £6 landed from survey site, have kept in account. Have no overdraft these days, wont use my CC except in emergency, may need to use some savings but suppose at least thats what its there for :) Have some stashed for fun savings and have been to a few "fun things" and used my normal account so ok to dip into this if needs be, hope not to for everyday bits, watch this space.
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Baldybear. Sometimes it's hard to remember that's what savings are for sometimes! It's a balance between enjoying life and a secure financial future
  • Baldybear
    Options
    zcrat41 wrote: »
    Hi Baldybear. Sometimes it's hard to remember that's what savings are for sometimes! It's a balance between enjoying life and a secure financial future

Hello, thanks for dropping by, yep its a hard line, after scrimping to pay of debt its such a novelty having savings I dont want to use them :rotfl:

I have done a quick tally up today and have reached over £5k over various accounts :D need to continue to reach targets and then can think about overpaying the mortgage, it is getting there and nice to know I have them there in case of emergency etc.

So next few days nothing major on apart from work etc, must clean out my hammie tonight, means can have a few NSD's, got plenty at home for food so no reason to spend :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning :)

NSD achieved on wednesday, cleaned out the hamster and generally caught up on items at home after being away for a week. Yesterday spent 55p on bread roll. Today dont need to spend any money, need to get some fresh grocery bits but will do online delivery over the weekend as forgot my list today and got vouchers at home to use too.

So generally good news, but there may be some bad news on the horizon, I dont think my job is that safe, bah, not a good time to work in the construction industry, we are fighting a big final account and if that doesnt work out it may be the end for the company, who knows really, its all speculation at this time. Watch this space. Was tempted to look around and jump before the ship goes down but I am on 12 weeks notice and also would get 12 weeks redundancy pay so to be honest for me its worth staying as would get a large sum of redundancy and its not worth throwing that away in case it does go pear shaped. Am going to have a tentative look round just to see whats on the horizon but have pretty good skill set so in theory shouldnt be that difficult to find another job, can always do so temp work.

Financially at the moment in an ok position if the worse does happen, still have lodger and he covers a large portion of bills and do have savings that I am adding to and no debt to my name, bar mortgage. Going to carry on the path now and see what happens.

Even with all the possible uncertainity I would still like a holiday abroad this year, I am saving for this, with the current workload it probably wont be till October but thats fine, in no rush and nothing planned yet. Maybe not the best option with possibly losing job but I do have enough to back me up for now including having the holiday :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good afternoon :)

Must write in here more often as it motivates me well. So friday low spend day and just bought a bar of choc.

Saturday ex came round and took a van load of his rubbish to the tip, hopefully a few more weeks and then ta dah all of his stuff gone :) Spent rest of saturday giving house a general tidy and then had a nap/chilled out. Evening went to friends wedding reception, spent £6 on drinks. Sunday didnt spend a penny, cut my grass, painted 3 of my external windowsills and then spent afternoon with sister in her garden. Cooked a massive leg of lamb that had stashed away in the freezer, dinner sunday and monday night, lunches for monday and today and another 2/3 meals stashed away in freezer. Yesterday achieved another NSD and did a wee bit more house tidying.

Today dont aim on spending anything, was going to do grocery shop last week but am trying to stretch it out for as long as possible, hoping to make it last till the weekend, plenty in freezer and should have enough fresh bits. Great to stretch the budget :)

So speaking to a friend last night, who has been eternally single, he went out on a date on sunday, now thats great, obviously still early days and he does deserve happiness, but gets me thinking about my own future. For now am happy being single, am used to my own independence and doing things with friends and family. Now if the opportunity arose I wouldnt turn it down, but I dont think I am in the right frame of mind to go out looking yet.

I want to achieve my goals first including the savings, the holiday, concentrating on the hoss so plenty to keep me focused :) I also want to lose some weight, am not obese per se as carry my weight well but I could do with losing a few stone and need to tone up and improve my fitness levels. I weighed myself at the weekend and weight 14'6 :( heaviest I have been for ages, bah! So I would like to get down to 10 stone. Last few days have definitely looked at my eating and exercise habits and these can be changed quite easily. I started yesterday my walking to the hoss in the evening, its only a 10 minute walk so no excuse really and is nice on a sunny evening. So tonight I wont walk but am going to long rein and then ride the hoss, definitely exercise for me. Cant walk to yard as keep tack at home but its all a good start. Havent told anyone I am going to try and lose weight, feel destined to fail if I do, so its just between me and the internet here ;)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning :)

So went to work the hoss, started of, as always, 5 minutes long reining in school, well there was obviously some hoss eating dinosaurs behind the hedge as she was totally un-coperative and didnt listen, grr so waste of time so nerves hit a bit and didnt ride but didnt want to leave it there so decided to long rein her on the roads, went out for about 15 minutes and she was very well behaved so thats good and good exercise walking for me. Diet slightly failed as popped to see dad after for quick catch up and ate 6 of his wine gums ;)

So today have spent some pennies getting milk/biscuits for office as well as some carrotts for the hoss. Expenses have been paid, have kept in account for now as got hoss trainer now, not in budget but expenses cover it perfectly. All bills gone out of bills account and spare £8 odd sent over to ISA :)

Out for lunch, but mum and dad's old friends coming up and they are taking us out so free :D
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I have just noticed horse in avatar looks chestnut but her mane in the pic you posted looks skewbald.

When we got Ponyplops she was broken in but still a baby at 5. We took her out every single day without fail for the first few months - nearly killed me with working full time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure