Meal Deal at Booths

Options
:jTop quality Meal Deal for 2 people = £10.

Moneysavers might be interested in the following deal running in the North West retailer Booths Supermarkets until November 26th: Basically the deal is £10 for a meal for two but unlike some of the recent offerings from larger retailers the products in this deal are actually really good! (trust me I've tried most of them several times!). Listed below to give you a flavour of what's on offer. I saw this in the store at Chorley near Manchester but there are lots of others in the region that I assume will all have the offer.

Summary:
Normal price shown in brackets.

Buy any TWO ready meals
Sausage & Mash (£1.99)
Cottage Pie (£1.99)
Shepherds Pie (£1.99)
Fish Pie (£2.69)
Lasagne (£1.74)
Spag Bol (£1.99)
Spag Meatballs (£2.09)

Buy either one veg or one salad
Carrot Cauli Broc (£1.69)
Cabbage & leek Medley (£1.29)
Carrot Batons (£0.99)
Booths Italian salad (£1.29)

Buy one dessert
Farmhouse Fare Sticky Toffee pud for 2 (£2.39)
Farmhouse Fare Sticky Choc pudding for 2 (£2.39)

Buy one wine
Casillero Chardonay (White) (£6.99)
Casillero Carmenere (Red) (£6.99)

all for £10.....

get shopping....:beer:

anyone know of anything else like this?

Comments

• rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not wanting to be hyper-critical, but I doubt that a ready-meal retailing at an original price of 2 quid can be described as top-quality. It will most likely be full of fat, salt and sugar...
  • jonty007
    Options
    The ready meals were launched quite recently and I guess the price is to entice you. personally I'm a big fan of Booths and I often shop there- they were recently voted the second best supermarket in the world by the Grocer magazine. Particularly strong on local sourcing etc... So to have such low prices at the moment is a real bonus! The ready meals use british meat etc..., at least waitrose quality or better in my opinion. can't say any more than that really...
    you don't need to take my word for it - you'll just have to try them!
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    Now I wonder whose food will be better quality, some supermarket that I've never even heard of, or Marks & Spencer... :D
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • jonty007
    Options
    I wonder indeed. McDonalds is a bigger brand than M&S so perhaps you'd better go there for your evening meal.
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    Perhaps I should explain it in smaller words for you? Marks & Spencer have a dine for £10 offer.
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • jonty007
    Options
    so do various other retailers (including Ronald), but none come close to Booths in terms of quality (including M&S). That's why if you think the M&S deal is good (and I agree it is) then this one is absolutely top notch. Like I said - have a read of the Grocer if you think I'm unduly biased.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Now I wonder whose food will be better quality, some supermarket that I've never even heard of, or Marks & Spencer... :D

in the kingdom of the blind.....
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Booths food rocks! they`re in the northwest and cumbria i think, but its real quality stuff.What i like about it, apart from my local store being 5mins walk away, is pensioners etc can just buy single items because they sell a lot of their produce loose.Also have a good deli, butchers, bakery and all the staff are lovely.
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Personally, i`d go for Booths :D
  • RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Booths is really good; I particularly like their alcohol section. You can get all kinds of weird and wonderful harder-to-find items, which tend to be excellent quality. They are mainly NW based but have at least one branch over the pennines (Ilkley) and also have a branch at Kirkby Lonsdale (is that North Yorks, Lancs, or Cumbria?)
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport