Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I've heard it's bad luck to hang next year's calendar up early.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    I haven't heard that but it's the kind of thing that would make me a little nervous - as my mum would put it, you don't want to be wishing time away (because we don't know what we're in for!)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello DIA. I'm sorry to read you've been feeling a bit low on energy recently. Have you looked at maybe increasing vitamin D levels in case you're suffering from a bit of sun deprivation?

You sound like you're back on track with being organised. I definitely need some help here so I'll try to get started on my test bullet journal this week. I've bought a beautiful journal and I don't want to mess it up so thank you for the sample idea. I have lots of cheap rubbish notebooks I won't mind wasting.

I hope you're feeling better and getting more sleep.

MTxx
    Thanks MT.
    So nice to see you posting. I'll pop over to your diary to see what you have been up to.
    Yes, thank you, I am prioritising sleep and I am taking vitamin D as well as increasing my iron :) Good luck with the bujo. I love the system :)
    DIA xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A few days away at a conference by the sea.

I spent £18.40 in total and £8 of that was paying for coffees for a party of three as a treat for my colleagues

Today was a very low spend day of just £2.20. I actually shopped tired and hungry on my way back home and stopped off at L1dl. I had time to think with my basket of goods and it wasn’t planned shopping. I wasn’t sure I’d be able to find something to eat at home but I left the shopping anyway

Hurrah! I saved money AND there was forgotten soup in the fridge. I had two servings. Yay! :)

I called the bank to check my bank balance and it tallied 100% with my journal financial information. This NEVER happened before this new system of organisation. Before I always lost track somewhere and then had a CBA moment and then had to draw up a new budget. Not this time :T

Hope your week is drawing to a positive ending and if not there is next week
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding positive :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    It’s funny how I often think my cupboards are bare when they are not. Having not got shopping yesterday, even though I thought it was urgent, I can see I also have enough bits and pieces food wise to see me through until my online shop is delivered tomorrow at 10pm (cheaper delivery slot) :)

Three weeks to pay day and spite the kitty being bare I don’t have a feeling of lack. There have been times when I have had more available money and yet felt extremely lacking and quite panicked because of it. Go figure, as my American friends say.

A day off today. :T A friend wanted to meet in town but I saved time and money by asking to meet locally instead.

I’m gardening this morning. I’ve done an hour, I’ll do another one before I get ready to meet my friend.

The handyman is coming tomorrow so I need to get some undercoat and some outdoor gloss. The funny thing is I am not feeling anxious at all about the handyman. It’s the reverse. I am looking forward to him coming. I never thought I would write that sentence. Life eh?

Happy Friday. We made it!
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    You have made me feel so lazy today lol. I'm so made up with the change you are feeling towards having the handyman there. At least that is a job that can be crossed off. Do you have to have him round again after tomorrow?

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You have made me feel so lazy today lol. I'm so made up with the change you are feeling towards having the handyman there. At least that is a job that can be crossed off. Do you have to have him round again after tomorrow?
    Thanks Tink. I'm so made up myself with this change. I hope I can stay feeling this way. Yes, he is coming back one day during the week as he is stripping, repairing and painting the canopy over my front door and it will take 2 days. I hope to have him here every month for a few days at the very least. :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I seem to have gone on a spending spree today.:eek:

I had an afternoon of teas and a little cake with my friend. She is currently unemployed and I was moved to pay for us both. I’m annoyed at myself for that as it cost me £12.50!!! Whenever I have ‘a coffee’ with friends I pay for us both, more often than not. THIS NEEDS TO STOP!

I am having a high quality steak once a week because of my low iron. IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! Also bought a bag of organic spinach. So I’ll eat that tomorrow. Also bought dark chocolate. This costed £10.50!!!! :eek:

I decluttered a huge bag of stuff to the CS. Whilst there I saw a new trilogy face mask. Clay and roship, perfect for my skin’s needs. It retails at £29 and cost me 0.80p A very good buy and now I can start face pack Friday tonight (Thanks for the concept Orange Ena.) :T:T

In the CS I bought a beautiful solid silver ring with a huge oval amber stone. I am going to polish it and find a beautiful box as a present for my best friend. It was £10. An excellent buy I think. :)

In the CS I bought another solid silver ring. :) It is a vertical oblong with huge Greek-blue-sky coloured stone. I love it! Keeping for myself, but will get it sized up for my middle finger. This was £18, very heavy silver too, but I said as I was buying both would he do it for £13 and he did. I didn’t feel guilty as I had donated lots of good quality stuff. This, along with a professional manicure (last had one ten years ago) will be my Christmas present to myself :D

See, I told you, a spendy day…

Happy weekend reader!
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ring sounds fab :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure