Appreciate some help for proposal ideas

Options

Comments

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was just glad I got to pick my own ring TBH. I know someone who proposed with a charm ring for a bracelet so she could pick her own. Nice idea. DH just asked if I wanted to get married and suggested ring shopping the next day - woop woop!
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and why December? Christmas happens in December, it's already exciting...why not a boring month when there's no much going on?
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You know her,if you don't then proposing marriage not a good idea.
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Why on earth would you wait until December, that's six months away? If you want her to marry you then just ask her. By December you coud have much of the wedding planning done and be nearly married.

To be fair, if it was being married rather than having a wedding, they could give notice and book reg office and be married within 6 weeks!

To OP, unless you need to save up for the ring, if you want to ask her, ask her. And we have no idea what places are special to you as a couple, what she would like etc. If it has to be a big gesture, only you will know what is right for you. And bear in mind, my husband had to propose to me after I'd found the box while we were travelling a couple of days before. And his brother had picnic etc planned but his now wife finished her shift at the hospital and went straight home.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Options
    Is there a reason you want to marry her now but don't want to tell her until December?
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    An advent calendar with "will you marry me" behind the last door :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My OH took me to a local beauty spot. Waited until no one was around and then dropped to one knee and asked me. When we got back to the car he turned the stereo on and 'our song' was playing and then opened the boot and gave me a dozen red roses. Was very thoughtful. Everyone in the car park clapped which was a little embarrassing but looking back it was lovely. Then the next day woke up to the news that Diana had died and no one wanted to hear our news.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    You know her,if you don't then proposing marriage not a good idea.
    I agree with this.

Surely you (OP) know what she would appreciate.

Personally, I'd run screaming from a over-contrived, public proposal o marriage.
  • Dill
    Dill Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    Options
    Has anybody ever proposed to you?

Perhaps he hired one of those planes with a message hanging off the back of it.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandiego-romantics.com%2Fimages%2FMarryMeSign.jpg&f=1

*cringe*
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Options
    Dill wrote: »
    Perhaps he hired one of those planes with a message hanging off the back of it.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sandiego-romantics.com%2Fimages%2FMarryMeSign.jpg&f=1

*cringe*

Best to put her name on the banner or there could be loads of women in the area turning to their boyfriends and saying yes! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure