PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

how to clean the hob

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I picked up three of the Sainsburys bbq Pride cleaner at 35p each! Comes with the bag, gloves and the cleaning product.
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Options

How much was it in Asda filigree? My local Sainsbury's have a similar thing on clearance at the minute - £1.50 a bottle. It's called BBQ something (BBQ pride perhaps?) & is obviously a leftover from the summer. I bought 2 bottles of it last night. Sainsbury's Bamber Bridge if anyone's passing - they had loads left

Bah, I paid £3.99! I'll keep an eye out for discounted BBQ Pride, I bet it's exactly the same stuff. I need another bottle to tackle the next project - the walls of the oven :-/
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a good attack on the oven on Friday with the BBQ pride stuff & a then a spontex. It looks fab. I put the hob rings into the BBQ pride bag as well, but they came out with a really dull coating - I really had to scrub them with the spontex & still didn't get it all off. Not recommended.
  • Welshlassie
    Welshlassie Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm on a roll guys, DH is out for a good few hours so I'm trying to do all the little jobs in the kitchen I never usually have time for.
    Just finished getting the paint of the utility room stainless steel sink, it is now sparkling, have a vingear soaked kitchen towel around the tap to get rid of the limescale and now I want to attack the Gas hob rings. I used Fairy power spray in my old house, but they went black and I had to go at them with a scouer (?sp) to get them to any form of shine again, any ideas for OS methods.
    Thanks
  • Welshlassie
    Options
    No-one got any ideas??? :confused:
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Hi, Welsh Lassie! Only just spotted this thread. I use Astonish paste. Dunno's what's in it, but's it's slightly abrasive, and cleans my gas rings a treat. Got mine from Lakeland (on special offer), but seen it available widely.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Welshlassie
    Options
    I'll have to try and find some. Thanks I'll give it a go.
  • Tiff_2
    Tiff_2 Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on a roll guys, DH is out for a good few hours so I'm trying to do all the little jobs in the kitchen I never usually have time for.
    Just finished getting the paint of the utility room stainless steel sink, it is now sparkling, have a vingear soaked kitchen towel around the tap to get rid of the limescale and now I want to attack the Gas hob rings. I used Fairy power spray in my old house, but they went black and I had to go at them with a scouer (?sp) to get them to any form of shine again, any ideas for OS methods.
    Thanks

Hi welshlassie - Stardrops, Stardrops,Stardrops!;)
    Can even clean up paint spills! Brilliant stuff
    x
    "If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." ~ by Peace Pilgrim.
    'You just got Tiffed!' ;)
  • cheepomummy
    Options
    Hello,Could someone please help me?
    I cant get my gas burners on my gas hob back to stainless steel.
    They are black and very ugly.
    I have tried normal oven cleaner but that didnt work.

Anyone have a gas hob that is gleaming?
    Tell me your secret please.

P.S This hob was here when we moved in and was black then,so the problem is quite an old one.

Many thanks
    Claire
    [link=http://lilypie.com]yQoy0.png[/link]
    [link=http://lilypie.com]TSQT0.png[/link]
    [link=http://lilypie.com]a8II0.png[/link]
  • vivw_2
    vivw_2 Posts: 2,230 Forumite
    Options
    Two ideas come to mind: soak over night in a bowl of water with bio washing powder in [works for saucepans so may work for the burners]. Scrub using Astonish [ white gritty paste] - is very effective on my electric hob. Believe you can get Astonish from lakeland
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure