WARNING : Off ebay sales

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    Not really "thinking" of selling, should have said "if" rather than "when".

But if it's dead, then if and when don't come into it.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But if it's dead, then if and when don't come into it.

OK then, I don't care if it dies. Clear enough?
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    z1a wrote: »
    OK then, I don't care if it dies. Clear enough?

Not really. I can't see the point of any of your posts. Perhaps in daylight you might try reading them again. You never know, you may understand them.
  • southerly
    southerly Posts: 181 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2017 at 7:47PM
    Options
    I do that as well, but that is items that haven't need to be viewed first, so my full address has not been needed, it would be a problem if someone did want to view.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    Aargh, just had a message from a buyer wanting to pick up an item as he's fairly local on an item I have listed for postage. He messaged me and asked if he could pick up tomorrow, I was vague and said yes that's fine, I replied with offer and said I would do him an invoice to reflect the price (less P&P). He's now asked me for my postcode and will I be in tomorrow afternoon.

I can't respond!
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,285 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 December 2017 at 11:29PM
    Options
    Aargh, just had a message from a buyer wanting to pick up an item as he's fairly local on an item I have listed for postage. He messaged me and asked if he could pick up tomorrow, I was vague and said yes that's fine, I replied with offer and said I would do him an invoice to reflect the price (less P&P). He's now asked me for my postcode and will I be in tomorrow afternoon.

I can't respond!

Has buyer actually bought your item yet? if so you should be fine as if eBay BOTs flag it up you can phone them and show the sale had already occurred. If not you are at risk and need to protect yourself by making it clear through eBay messages that you expect item to be bought on eBay before collection.

Strangely enough I was reading different forums this evening and someone who was legitimately trying to sell on eBay but allow buyer to collect just posted that they have had selling privileges withdrawn for 7 days as the sale hadn't actually occurred before they and the buyer mentioned cash on collection.

My own warning was for a buyer merely asking me to take off immediate payment required as he was in the area and wanted to buy , but collect and pay cash .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Has buyer actually bought your item yet? if so you should be fine as if eBay BOTs flag it up you can phone them and show the sale had already occurred. If not you are at risk and need to protect yourself by making it clear through eBay messages that you expect item to be bought on eBay before collection.

Strangely enough I was reading different forums this evening and someone who was legitimately trying to sell on eBay but allow buyer to collect just posted that they have had selling privileges withdrawn for 7 days as the sale hadn't actually occurred before they and the buyer mentioned cash on collection.

My warning was for a buyer merely asking me to take off immediate payment required as he was in the area and wanted to buy , but collect and pay cash .

Thank you for getting back to me.

No, he's not bought the item yet so I have to be extremely wary.

I'm just going to leave it, not going to risk my account for the sake of a £6.99 item.
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,285 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me.

No, he's not bought the item yet so I have to be extremely wary.

I'm just going to leave it, not going to risk my account for the sake of a £6.99 item.

My item that earned me a warning was also sub £10 !
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    Thanks Soolin, the buyer's going to think I'm ignorant but not much I can do about that.

Unless you're reading this Mr Ebay Buyer and want to collect an item from me tomorrow at 1, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure