Wedding Diet Thread....

Options

Comments

• Em88
    Em88 Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Eoin and welcome to the thread :wave::wave:

I have only been here a little while and everyone is really nice and supportive. I was also 5 stone over weight but over the last 8 and a half months I have managed to loose 2 and a half stone through healthy eating and increased exercise. I would like to loose the other 2 and a half before I get married next April.

I know its hard but if you do it gradually you get used to the changes and they become usual. I agree with everyone else who says don't try and do it too quickly as you are more likely to fall off the wagon as it were. The best thing I can say is try to draw a line under it if you slip a bit, try and think 'that's enough now I will get back to being good' rather than thinking 'oh well I've done that now I may as well just continue with the bad eating'.
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been so bad lately :(
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Em88
    Em88 Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    My day is going downhill also. But am going to make a nice healthy dinner and then not have anything after.
  • johannalf88
    Options
    Ok, another bad day. :(

Ate 1923 cals, but exercised off 150. So bad! :(

Will do better tomorrow. I have to.
    :T
  • Hadley1
    Hadley1 Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

SW weigh in last night... a little disappointed as only 1/2 lb lost. :(

I know I was slightly bad as feeling rough with yet another cold I did a bit of comfort eating. :o

Anyway, guess its still a lost... but tomorrow is my birthday (as well as Rups and Donna's wedding day :j), so will not be dieting. So next week may not look good either. :o

PLease help - give me a kick up the .... and motivate me. I need all the help I can get. (wedding August and I'd love to get back to 8 Stone something).
  • johannalf88
    Options
    A loss is not a gain Hadley! That's a way to look at it. Have been doing better today. Got 30 mins /100 cals done on the wii fit before work, and not had any breakfast yet. Getting a bit peckish, so will in a min. Got brown toast n marmite. Yum!
  • White_Sapphire
    Options
    Hadley1 wrote: »
    Morning Ladies,

SW weigh in last night... a little disappointed as only 1/2 lb lost. :(

I know I was slightly bad as feeling rough with yet another cold I did a bit of comfort eating. :o

Anyway, guess its still a lost... but tomorrow is my birthday (as well as Rups and Donna's wedding day :j), so will not be dieting. So next week may not look good either. :o

PLease help - give me a kick up the .... and motivate me. I need all the help I can get. (wedding August and I'd love to get back to 8 Stone something).

You don't need a kick - you were ill so don't worry about eating a little more than normal! You still lost weight :T

Relax tomorrow as it's your birthday, then get back on the healthy eating on Sunday. If you have meals and drinks out and things next week then maybe just make sure that breakfasts and lunches etc are healthy.

x
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • Hadley1
    Options
    A loss is not a gain Hadley! That's a way to look at it. Have been doing better today. Got 30 mins /100 cals done on the wii fit before work, and not had any breakfast yet. Getting a bit peckish, so will in a min. Got brown toast n marmite. Yum!

Thanks - oh I love brown toast and marmite.:) Do you have butter with your marmite??? I have to and thats what makes that a naughty (synful brekkie) on Slimming World. :(
  • Hadley1
    Options
    You don't need a kick - you were ill so don't worry about eating a little more than normal! You still lost weight :T

Relax tomorrow as it's your birthday, then get back on the healthy eating on Sunday. If you have meals and drinks out and things next week then maybe just make sure that breakfasts and lunches etc are healthy.

x

Thanks Sapphire - very wise words. You are so right its one day, then back onto the routine.... except the guys at works are taking me to lunch today - but will just have to choose something good. :)

Thanks for all your support. I guess I just think I need a kick as think I should lose quicker.
  • johannalf88
    Options
    Hadley1 wrote: »
    Thanks - oh I love brown toast and marmite.:) Do you have butter with your marmite??? I have to and thats what makes that a naughty (synful brekkie) on Slimming World. :(

I have olive oil spread with it. But that's only 10 extra cals so I don't worry about it! It was nice. Now got a cuppa tea. Mmm... Tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport