Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Eek, not been on for a few days. To report:
    • New bedding turned up 27 hours after ordering :T and v nice it is too :D.
    • Digital pressure cooker has arrived and looks scary :o. Will master it tomorrow :cool:.
    • Managed to lose 1lb (to start to address the 4.5lbs I put on during holiday :o)
    • Got £55 worth of shopping from *sda for £9.50 courtesy of £50 off code. Didn't mention it on here as by the time I had a chance to post it everyone's order was being cancelled. Mine was too, but 4 hours after the delivery arrived! Bit worried they may turn up and try to retrieve, especially as we've eaten some :rotfl:.
    • Rent in, net btl 1 mortgage now 7.9k (was lower, had to borrow some back :o)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bit worried they may turn up and try to retrieve, especially as we've eaten some.

Nah - Elf :santa2: and safety means that they won't touch it once it has been delivered. I discovered this after Mr T sent me a 4.5kg pork joint when I'd asked for 1kg. They refunded the full cost, but wouldn't take it away, despite it being the size of a human leg. Reminded me of dinner at Tilly's :rotfl:

Digital pressure cooker? That's a new one on me. The only kind we're familiar with is 15 year old Prestige second handers from the in-laws!
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hey GG. Continuing on from our discussion on my thread about the money shuffle, was just thinking, do you do it manually each month or through SOs? I was about to set up the SOs today, but then realised that if a SO date lies on the weekend it might mess up the chain and cause a mess....

So, wondering - do you do the money shuffle manually?
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Always manually if Faster Payments is an option. DDs and SOs take days!
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    Hey GG. Continuing on from our discussion on my thread about the money shuffle, was just thinking, do you do it manually each month or through SOs? I was about to set up the SOs today, but then realised that if a SO date lies on the weekend it might mess up the chain and cause a mess....

So, wondering - do you do the money shuffle manually?
    penguin.gifpenguin.gifDo the money shuffle yeah yeah penguin.gifpenguin.gif
    I do it manually unless I'm away. A real anti-climax to do with So's and like you say is awkward with weekends.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    New bedding...i am jealous. Mmmmmm
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    we seriously need new bedding... but its at the bottom of the priorities list!!

stopping in a hotel last week didn't help either withe there lovely crisp sheets.
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »

:rotfl:just love these little fellas.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Well, I may be the only forumite in Englandshire with the heating on, but there are some compromises I'm not making :D.

£3 PC and £1.20 cashback (from bargainous Asda shop :T) withdrawn from paypal and into savings :).

Brekkie and lunch taken to work as normal and freezer dip chicken thai curry for dinner. 2 lots of soup made yesterday so it's either leek & potato or lentil soup for the rest of the week :T.

Decluttering the rest of the wine :o.

That's Monday over :T.

Em, that's it really :p.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You're not the only one with the heating on, Mrs. K. and I would also rather be warm than save a few quid. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills