NST Muddy March Marathon

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NSD today.

Have already abandoned the book I started last night and put it ready to pass on. Started another tonight instead and it's much better :)

Was at swimming with DS2 for the sunset, so missed that. Did take time out earlier to just stand in the garden and listen to all the birdsong though. That - and a Joe Wicks HIIT session can be today's wellbeing :)

Today I am thankful for:
    * my colleagues at work today
    * the students at work today
    * batch cooked food in the freezer for a speedy and tasty dinner
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I missed the sunset as well but watched the clouds going by.Very relaxing.
    Going to start a new book tonight.I don't feel right reading in the daytime,only in bed. A book can last me a long time depending how soon I fall asleep:o
    Today was a spend day. Home delivery from Mr.T. Works out a lot cheaper than local shop plus no impulse buying.£45.20 but shouldn't need much for the next couple of weeks except for bread,fruit and veg.
    Nothing much to report but that's can be a good thing!

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1024 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 22/20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my work giving me time off to take dd to the eye hospital, for the 2 hour journey going smoothly, for the drs being extremely thorough to ensure that there was nothing wrong with dd's eye and still saying they'll check again in 12 months, for getting a seat on the way back, for dd opting to get off the tram a stop early and walk along a tree-lined path, for dd chatting away to me all day, for the rebate money clearing so I have paid it off the mortgage, for 85% chocolate, for easy food for tea, for getting a headspace session done.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely day today. Managed a walk at lunch time although no croci around Ayr harbour:rotfl:

Managed to finish my at office week with no outstanding urgent issues. I have work for tomorrow/week on Monday, but I am NOT taking it on holiday.

Tomorrow will be manic - seeing a friend around running/gym, packing and leaving everything ready for DH.

I have a master list and sub lists:D. Tonight I am just going to finalise those lists and then have a bath and go to bed. Not having a late night.

I've got a number of unread books on my Kindle. Soooo looking forward to the chance to read - there are 10 of us going skiing of various ages (me youngest I think) Lots of chance to sit and read I think.

OK. Off to clear kitchen and get out tomorrow nights dinner. DH has requested Steak and Chips:rotfl:
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday

Use it or lose it
    I'm very lucky in that I don't put weight on but I'm definitely not as healthy as I used to be so am trying to get back to being more active but gently for now as pregnant but hoping to get back into jogging afterwards. Still not got round to looking for a cheap/secondhand prenatal workout dvd.

Wellbeing I used to always have a book on the go and others lined up but since having little man I've struggled being awake enough to take stuff in so it's just been telly then bed. He is sleeping so well now though so I need to start utilising the library again. Just a shame they're all closed nearby :mad:

Today

Use it or lose it
    It takes a lot to get me there but once I'm really annoyed with someone I do definitely hold grudges. I need to just let certain people at work just go over my head rather than let stuff annoy me that really doesn't matter

Wellbeing Today has been more of a speed up and see the moon day but now that I've got through all the cleaning/gardening stuff I'm going to enjoy having a slow weekend not thinking of all that needs doing.

Today was a NSD :j Spent all day tidying and gardening. Had a lovely walk with the dog. The views around here are gorgeous on a clear day especially now all the greens are coming out.

Yesterday the car went in and was £213 but they didn't get time to do the washer jets so it's back in on the 24th so I still don't know how much money I've spare this month till then.

Tomorrow should be a NSD - just got hospital parking to pay for which I'm not counting and will avoid the cafe.
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mothernerd I didn't know that you could do such a thing. I have no idea if anyone I know would have the knowledge to reprogram the computer keys but I shall ask around.

Went to the library today so will start a book tonight. Not a NSD as I had to pay a small library fine, I've put a reminder in my phone so that I take these ones back on time. I also got milk and margarine that I forgot to get yesterday.

Not much else to report from today - went out for a run this morning and have spent the rest of day pottering about the flat.

Today I'm grateful for managing a good run, seeing all the flowers in the park, getting various bits done around the flat, prepping meals for the next week to make life easier and a yummy tea.

Back to work tomorrow so going to climb into bed shortly, read a bit of my book and get an early night.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All,

Today I am grateful for:
    • The laughs at work again
    • My friend 'encouraging' me to meet up
    • A much needed heart to heart
    Mothernerd - your post today was so relevant. I used to be such a happy, outgoing positive person - and a few big romantic setbacks and friends badly letting me down over the last year have left me bitter and cynical. Victor Meldrew has nothing on me haha!.

Use it or lose it - I'm pretty good at apologising - and always the first to hold my hand up. Forgiving and forgetting however... I'm a Scorpio - grudge-bearing is like in-built haha. I need to work on this one a lot. I know it's only me that suffers at the end of the day. I need to just let the slights go and release them. I do ok for a while - then something triggers a memory and I get angry - they all seemingly walk away and land on their feet, and I'm still mired in the equivalent of an emotional tar-pit like some ageing dinosaur. Ok a tad over-dramatic there lol. I'll work on a way to get out of that rather than focussing on what put me there. I'm not blameless I'm sure - so some soul searching is needed.

Well being : Chill out - A good friend nudged me to meet up and we had a take-away (from my social fund money) and a heart-to-heart. Missed the sunset but had some chilled beers.

Night for now folks
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh. Forgot.

Grudges/Arguments - DH and I got to the second hand of arguments in our 12 years together last week! I think it is the first time we have ever gone to bed on an argument (and only because by then we were at opposite ends of the country).

I don't generally harbour resentments and will avoid confrontation at all costs. However, I do still have to 'make my amends' for my actions while I was drinking. In fact that is exactly where I am with my sponsor at the moment. Beginning to address those. It will be hard, and wont be quick, but I will be discussing plans with her when I get back from skiing.

Gratitude today - Glorious sunshine pouring in to the gym at 0715, more lovely sunshine while walking at lunchtime. It being light until almost 1900 - when I get back from holiday I want to start running with the club in the evening. My Women Living Sober Group - we are all off to have a lovely week of skiing together and I can't wait.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    misstara wrote: »
    mothernerd I didn't know that you could do such a thing. I have no idea if anyone I know would have the knowledge to reprogram the computer keys but I shall ask around.

I'm pretty sure that you can because it's what you do if for instance you want to write something in German and need the a and u with umlauts (two little dots) on top - think there should be one on the a in umlaut. Thrifty will tell me. Or the Swedish letters A and O with a circle above them (know that because the typewriter we had - old black one with hinged keys had them).

Unless there is a different way of doing it now. DS3 was very scathing when I wanted to use the subscript and superscript to do metres squared (maths symbol way). Just google it and cut and paste (he had never heard of or learned to do subscript and superscript.

Someone who can reprogramme a key might be able to fix your 's' anyway.
    Evening All,

Today I am grateful for:
    • The laughs at work again
    • My friend 'encouraging' me to meet up
    • A much needed heart to heart
    Mothernerd - your post today was so relevant. I used to be such a happy, outgoing positive person - and a few big romantic setbacks and friends badly letting me down over the last year have left me bitter and cynical. Victor Meldrew has nothing on me haha!.

Use it or lose it - I'm pretty good at apologising - and always the first to hold my hand up. Forgiving and forgetting however... I'm a Scorpio - grudge-bearing is like in-built haha. I need to work on this one a lot. I know it's only me that suffers at the end of the day. I need to just let the slights go and release them. I do ok for a while - then something triggers a memory and I get angry - they all seemingly walk away and land on their feet, and I'm still mired in the equivalent of an emotional tar-pit like some ageing dinosaur. Ok a tad over-dramatic there lol. I'll work on a way to get out of that rather than focussing on what put me there. I'm not blameless I'm sure - so some soul searching is needed.

Well being : Chill out - A good friend nudged me to meet up and we had a take-away (from my social fund money) and a heart-to-heart. Missed the sunset but had some chilled beers.

Night for now folks

Well done on being the only one so far to consider it. It's something we both struggle with. I think the worst thing is that we are going round nursing this 'great hurt' and the person who inflicted it probably never gives us a moments thought. We will get there.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh. Forgot.

Grudges/Arguments - DH and I got to the second hand of arguments in our 12 years together last week! I think it is the first time we have ever gone to bed on an argument (and only because by then we were at opposite ends of the country).

I don't generally harbour resentments and will avoid confrontation at all costs. However, I do still have to 'make my amends' for my actions while I was drinking. In fact that is exactly where I am with my sponsor at the moment. Beginning to address those. It will be hard, and wont be quick, but I will be discussing plans with her when I get back from skiing.

Gratitude today - Glorious sunshine pouring in to the gym at 0715, more lovely sunshine while walking at lunchtime. It being light until almost 1900 - when I get back from holiday I want to start running with the club in the evening. My Women Living Sober Group - we are all off to have a lovely week of skiing together and I can't wait.

Lovely post and best wishes for you as you go forward on your journey. Have a lovely holiday.

I've always resented the fact that my ex (the gambler) never apologised for what he put us through. He was very selective about which parts of the programme he followed. When I went to his mother's funeral he had not told any of his family about the gambling - don't know what reason he gave for me divorcing him.

To prove that you can see the funny side of anything - I had to correct the first draft of my divorce papers as they cited my being able to continue after a number of years of his 'gambolling'. I had it put right but could clearly see it as a 'Posy' cartoon 22stone man skipping about amongst all the lambs.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport