Curve Card

Options

Comments

• stevenhp1987
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    However they have refused to state the reason, refused to even tell me how to check my own details they have on file, refused to say they will destroy the proof of ID evidence to comply with UK data protection laws, and failed to provide me information on how to cancel my application.

Under AML (anti-money laundering regulations) they will need to keep said ID on file (not sure how long for, but at least 6 years I'd imagine) so they can confirm to the regulators that they have verified your identity.
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    The web link is not originating from a trusted source in this case which goes against recommended web security practices.

What is the domain of the link? Is it SSL (https)?

Why can you not load the link using your phone, rather than type it into your desktop/laptop and upload from your phone?

Giving you will need data to utilize Curve, you will need internet access on your phone so this should be no problem?
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok here is an update, a lot has happened since I last posted.

First to answer steven's question.

Since I was getting no email correspondence (I was more on that below), I was accessing their replies in the curve app, web links in the app are not clickable (tappable) links. You also cannot select the text for copy and paste.

I dont know which law trumps the other, as data protection law requires private documents to be wiped within a short time period, as obviously there is a risk of said documents been put into the wrong hands.

So out of nowhere about 2 days ago, they decided to change their stance, the following happened.

1 - Agreed to delete my ID evidence after its used for the verification.
    2 - Agreed to update their website with the missing information, they had already previously acknowledged the app needs updating to allow for the document uploads directly.
    3 - After some security questions provided me with the email address I used to register, I used a throw away account, changed it to a different email address.
    4 - Even before the ID check is completed agreed to take my card out of pending status and it arrived today.
    5 - ID check still required to activate the card but thats already been done now, as finally the upload link worked.
    6 - The reason for the ID check as as was speculated in this thread, my automated ID check for whatever reason failed.

There is still the issue of not been able to login to somewhere, whether its the app or website to check and change contact details.

Can a curve card be used for money laundering? its just a frontend for other payment cards right, so I am not even sure if those laws would apply.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    email received today from Curve re. a change in the T&Cs. Of note:
    Debit cards instead of prepaid cards
    New customers are now getting debit cards instead of prepaid cards. While the Curve app and product remain the same, the expected acceptance rate for debit cards is better. Existing customers will receive a debit card as a replacement card if their card is reported lost or stolen. Please note that the card limits applicable to debit cards may be different to those applicable to prepaid cards, as detailed in the Curve app and our FAQ's).
    I foresee lots of Curve prepaid cards being lost or stolen lol
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »

I wonder when the changeover happened, checking the BIN on a card received about 2 weeks ago seems to show it as a debit card already.
    BIN: 537590
    Card brand: MASTERCARD
    Card type: DEBIT

What was the BIN on the older issues?
    ====
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »

Your foresight is wonky!

I've had Curve for around a year and never had a single issue with it being a 'prepaid' card.

It's been used to Mastercardify a Visa Debit, make a non-contactless card contactless and make impromptu credit card transactions.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Your foresight is wonky!

I've had Curve for around a year and never had a single issue with it being a 'prepaid' card.

It's been used to Mastercardify a Visa Debit, make a non-contactless card contactless and make impromptu credit card transactions.

What’s the BIN on your card?
    ====
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Your foresight is wonky!

You can't use pre-paid on HMRC website. I got Curve to make payments to HMRC using my credit cards and collect points.

Initially got pre-paid card when applied at then end of Jan, but requested debit and got it a couple of days later.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey it's not me saying it, it's Curve and I just reported it and quoted part of the email I received today. My guess is that all Curve card holders will have received that email. I wonder why certain responders to my post have apparently not received it.

Anyway here is what Curve itself says about the difference between Curve prepaid and Curve debit cards:
    Your Curve spending limits

Brand new users are subject to extra checks until they build up a spend history with us. Please always take a back up card. We!!!8217;re in beta so we are tweaking our risk engine all the time to make sure it's doing a good job of protecting you whilst letting you spend easily with Curve.

Standard limits are:

£2,000 spend per day
    £5,000 spend per month (rolling 30 days)
    £200 cash withdrawal per day
    £10,000 yearly (rolling 365 days)
    Curve limits will increase over time as you cultivate a spend history with us and pass our account risk checks.

Enhanced limits for Curve Debit(Business and Personal) users are:

£3,750 spend per day
    £20,000 spend per month (rolling 30 days)
    £1,000 cash withdrawal per day
    £50,000 yearly (rolling 365 days)
    Enhanced limits for Curve Prepaid (business) users are:

£5,000 spend per day
    £15,000 spend per month (rolling 30 days)
    £500 cash withdrawal per day
    £50,000 yearly (rolling 365 days)
    You can also view your Curve Mastercard® limits in the app:

Android: Tap the 'hamburger' menu at the top left and choosing "Curve Limits".

iOS: Tap the 'card' menu at the bottom left and choosing "See your Curve Limits".

If you would like to get in touch regarding your Curve limits, you can get in touch with our Support team anytime at support@imaginecurve.com.
    https://support.imaginecurve.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213638909-Your-Curve-spending-limits
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    What’s the BIN on your card?

The old BIN begins 5162 73.

There are lots of places that accept the new cards and not the old ones.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have card ending 5162 73 old version - Was this classed as a credit card before?

Is it better to request a new card?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport