Trusteer Rapport

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,635 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I cannot get rapport to work at all using edge which seems to be the default browser for windows 10 that my PC likes.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't get Rapport to work with Chrome at all; so using Firefox currently for all banking sites HOWEVER, yesterday the nag page came up for Santander...yet Rapport was showing as working in the toolbar -it really is becoming a bigger pain as the updates for operating systems and browsers come thick and fast!!
  • jhiker
    jhiker Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    SilverE wrote: »
    IBM might be updating for Firefox and Chrome within a month, but the most recent version of Edge (in Win10) they support is from last year. And as Microsoft have updated all normal Win10 systems this year, none of them will have Rapport functioning on Edge. So, assuming you think it's worth protecting your internet banking, don't use Edge.

I was unable to in any case as Rapport had stopped Edge working at all. After uninstalling and reinstalling Rapport but finding it inactive, I checked with their Support who just said my version is too new for them.

I wonder if the banks realise that the browser supplied as default on all new PCs, and with 600 million installations in total, doesn't work with this software they're so keen on.

+1 on this. Rapport rendered my Edge browser on Windows 10 totally unusable. I unistalled it.
  • rpip
    rpip Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Trustee Rapport works less than 50% of the time despite me repeatedly changing browsers or versions of these. They are rubbish & I have told my banks accordingly. Does anyone know of another free extension that is generally accepted by banks.
    Why doesn't IBM come on this forum and give their excuses including why they still don't support Edge (after 5 yrs?)!!
  • rpip
    rpip Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say: I need to reinstall TR about every 6weeks.
  • icsys
    icsys Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is Trusteer Rapport worth installing?
    Judging by some of the posts here it can be more trouble than it is worth.

We bank primarily with Halifax, I don't recall ever being advised by them to install it.

I have just searched the Halifax website and cannot find any reference to Trusteer Rapport at all, unless I'm missing something?

Santander on the other hand 'strongly recommend' you download the FREE Rapport security software, to help guard yourself against internet banking identify theft and fraud.
  • ricky101
    Options
    icsys wrote: »
    Is Trusteer Rapport worth installing?

The idea behind TR, as I understand it, seems sound.
    It creates a safe link between you and the bank , so if any virus etc is on your computer it cannot intercept any details of your transmission with the bank.

Believe its really aimed at the many folk who do not use AV protection etc, and yes there are still lots that do not !

At the moment I can only get it to work properly and show the green icon with IE.

It does not seem to work properly with Firefox or Chrome and my AV does seem to clash with it when trying to install TR.

On balance, if it works ok on your PC I would use it, an extra layer of security is always welcome.

If Santander suggest using it but its does not seem to work on your PC , have a word with their tech dept to see if they can offer any help; though seeing all the bad press Santander get about security etc I give them a wide berth.

You can always uninstall TR if it gives you problems.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It seems to work on Chrome for me.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    It seems to work on Chrome for me.
    You are probably running an earlier version of Chrome. Rapport doesn't run with the latest version of Chrome - Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • PlumbingTheDepths
    Options
    I've never installed it, due to all of the issues I've read about. However, as an earlier posted suggested, I have always wondered whether the bank might try to use that as an excuse to not cover any claim for loss.

I wonder if anybody has ever heard of a bank doing that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure