Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• traveldude
    Options
    I was looking for a bag specifically for a ryan air flight when I found this thread. Anyway I thought I would let everyone know I found the perfect bag by Cabinmax which is designed to fit the exact dimensions for Ryan Air hand luggage 55x40x20cm. The best thing its lightweight so I can fill it right up and still be within the stingy 10kg limit. You can get it on Amazon but I got mine at backpackingshop.co.uk with a digital luggage scale, just to make sure i wasnt going over that 10kg limit
  • rafter_2
    rafter_2 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    traveldude wrote: »
    I was looking for a bag specifically for a ryan air flight when I found this thread. Anyway I thought I would let everyone know I found the perfect bag by Cabinmax which is designed to fit the exact dimensions for Ryan Air hand luggage 55x40x20cm. The best thing its lightweight so I can fill it right up and still be within the stingy 10kg limit. You can get it on Amazon but I got mine at backpackingshop.co.uk with a digital luggage scale, just to make sure i wasnt going over that 10kg limit

I've got the cabinmax bag, no complaints here, flew to Malta and back last week with it, it sure does hold a lot of stuff lol.
  • Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    I have used the Argos one on Ryanair flights, and I think they do vary slightly on height as the first one I have was about a cm bigger but the ones I got more recently seem just about in the measurements. The one that was 1 cm over got measured on one flight and I was a little concerned, but it slid into the metal stand comfortably - it was fairly fully packed - and nothing was said about the height. It does fit under the seat, too.
  • goldengirl39
    Options
    Like JB I have one of the Argos suitcases. I am a frequent traveller and it has lasted me a year but is now looking rather tatty and the wheels are a bit stiff now. My husband has the same case and doesn't travel as much as me and his is doing well!

I thought I would invest in a more expensive case and just bought this Antler one from Argos. Note that the sale price ends today.

http://www.argos.co.uk/BIS?partNumber=2864567&traceablereference=TRK009

I took it with me to Palma on an Easyjet flight from Stansted on Friday last week and it passed with flying colours. It is a few cms over the Easyjet height restriction but within the depth and width restrictions.

Also, my hand luggage gets weighed at Stansted airport security every time I fly. Don't know if this something that happens to anyone else but worth bearing in mind if you are flying Ryanair who have the 10 kg hand luggage weight limit.
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 March 2010 at 2:46PM
    Options
    Sub-0-G luggage. Just bought the smallest one of these in TJ Hughes for £24.95. Not wonderfully stylish, the red looks the smartest I thought, but very light at less than 2kg.

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/fcp/product/brands-for-less/Home/Sub-O-G-Lightweight-Case/225?colour=red

Although the label dimensions of 49x34x18 are less than Ryanair's requirement of 55x40x20, taking into account handle, wheels and side pockets, they actually come out at 55x34x20. The 20 depth means when packed the side pockets must still be able to be pressed flat, therefore a little space must be allowed inside the case to allow for this. The pockets are very useful though for easy access to a flat handbag and travel papers.

10 year guarantee against faulty manufacturing and materials (:cool:); worth keeping the labels and receipt in a safe place anyway!!
  • shudd1967
    shudd1967 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    Never flown with Ryan air before, can I just confirm that a handbag does come under hand luggage? So I can't have a filled case to the max and my small handbag for money, passports etc?
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's only one bag, so have space in the larger bag for your handbag.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • shudd1967
    shudd1967 Posts: 772 Forumite
    Options
    Rucksack it is then!
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
  • dutch_andy
    dutch_andy Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    I have just got a goodbag,

Berghaus Optimus 40 cost about £55

Can be wheeled with monopod or has straps to wear, loads of pockets and compartment, excellent build quality.

Weight:
    2.8kg
    Fabric: Ardura 200D Dobby / Esdura 600D / Ballistic
    Dimensions: 57 x 34 x 24cm

Spec is slightly over Ryan Air but on recent trip they fit nicely in the rack at airport in ryan air stand with ease, as bags are quite soft they squish a bit if needed, very impressed with the ammount that can be packed into them.

Good Luck
  • Salvaggia
    Options
    Hello , i would like to ask ... can i carry one hand case with me with 10 kg and one checked baggage with 20 kg. Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure