What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 17/10/16

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    awwww a little boy katy! Boys are lovely, adore their mum's and often real funny firecrackers! (girls are adorable too, just in a different way) x

Honestly I absolutely wouldn't pay for it and would up my composting. Although it would cause so much trouble between me and oh! He honestly hates my recycling ways

Off work now until Thursday :dance: taking madam to a free singing group this afternoon. She's happily entertaining herself now so using the time to tidy & clean the house. Will do kitchen, lounge and bathroom today...

Money saving efforts:

* [STRIKE]just did a meal plan for the next 10 days & a small shopping list[/STRIKE]. Think I will spend sub £15 :T spent £180.77 this month (our gc month runs 21st-20th :D
    *[STRIKE] checked weather forecast and although it grey and dull here it's not going to rain so put a load on[/STRIKE] will need to hang on the drier, will put it on for a couple of hours
    * might take madam to get her feet measured as yesterday she complained her shoes are tight Was going there after shopping but traffic was heavy so decided to give it a miss. We are going to a play group near there tomorrow so will go then ;)
    * [STRIKE]updated spending diary[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]check banking and do a couple of small transfers[/STRIKE]
    * dinner is stir fry using lo meat from Sunday opps didn't bother cooking dinner. dgd had some left over pasta & bolognaise and I'll have some soup later. Not sure what oh is doing as he's going out
    * go through/clean fridge opps didn't do...
    * photo and list 5 things on fleabay
    *[STRIKE] parcel fleabay sale using recycled packaging[/STRIKE] and post
    * make wraps & pizza base opps didn't do... will have to do tomorrow
    *[STRIKE] portion up bns soup I made yesterday and freeze a few portions [/STRIKE](desperately trying to clear my freezer but continuing to fill it at the same time :o that't why my gc bill is so low for 10 days as I need to clear it. Note to self stop batch cooking! :o)
    * continue knitting socks. Annoyed with myself as I didn't do it last night and instead just frittered my time away online :o
    * [STRIKE]got 2 flapjacks out for snacks later[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]boiled kettle by mistake so put the hot water in a flask for when I want a coffee later ;)[/STRIKE]
    * couple of alterations to clothes - taking up a couple of pairs of jeans for dgd, sewing on buttons to my mac and shortening sleeves of a top I got at the clothes swap on Sunday

Ok think that's all I need to do. Better get on she won't entertain herself forever! Happy Tuesday to you all x

Think other than knitting & listing the couple of bits I photoed earlier that's me done for the day :D hope you all had a lovely day. Sending warmest thoughts to all of those busy/ill/struggling x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2016 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Feeling a bit bleurrgh today which I suspect may be a reaction to the flu jab I had on Saturday. Managed the following nevertheless:
    Dog walks x 2
    Walked to town to post ebay sales, also popped into Sainsburys for a few top up bits (fruit, salad bits, dried yeast)
    Dried a load of washing outside :)
    Used up leftovers for lunch
    Cooked chicken left over from yesterday for dinner with jacket potatoes and salad
    Chicken carcase bubbling away in the SC for stock
    Meat offer delivered from Campbells meats, their 'winter steak pack'. £29 for more than 3 kilos of excellent quality meat (various types of steak, plus mince, sausages and burgers) all ready packed for the freezer. I have bought from them before, and am impressed by the quality. They are a Scottish company, and the meat is delivered the day after ordering by courier, in a polystyrene box with ice packs, so it stays nice and cold.
    Listed some more things on ebay (boxed sets of glasses seem to be going quite well at the moment if anyone is interested - vintage ones, or crystal / cut glass especially popular :)). Care needed with packing though!!!
    Found a courgette and a few French beans to pick
    Now sitting by a toasty fire with the kettle singing on top of the stove :) We are currently burning an old decking / verandah type thing that OH was paid to alter back in the summer - the lady asked him to dispose of the rubbish, which he wouldn't have ageed to had it been anything but wood, as he does not have a waste disposal licence. Waste wood comes home though, either to be made into something else, or to keep the heating bills down!

Going for an early night, as I have GD to look after tomorrow and will need all my faculties :rotfl:
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 18 October 2016 at 8:36PM
    Options
    LuckyPenny wrote: »
    La Ehope you have a better day today. Glad your feeling better Baileys Babe . I refuse to pay the garden waste fee. We are "rubbish" (ha,ha) at cutting our grass so we only need to take it to the skip a few times a year. We usually take other stuff at the same time to make the fuel and time spend worth it.
    I'm not doing a huge amount of MSE stuff today-
    - packed lunch to work
    - postcode lottery
    - check apps - eBay, Facebook, MR
    Think that's it for me, LP x

- Took soup in and was offered a free buffet lunch, so I've put the soup in the work fridge for tomorrow.
    - Listed the bike that DH got out of the garage yesterday, fingers crossed it will sell this week, so I have a few extra spends for half term.
    - topcashback Halloween comp
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • woollisox
    Options
    Good morning all!

Missed yesterday and Monday as it was back to work and I think it was a bit of a shock to the system as I'd been off for 9 weeks! Not so money saving but I got up late yesterday and had to get a taxi to work - £10 for 3.5 miles! (May not be expensive for where others live but it's blimming extortionate here ;) )
    Anyway, today's money saving ideas:
    *Packed lunch and breakfast so no spending in Gregg's cafe
    *also taking a mug and some tea bags for my break (as I've ran out of 3 in 1 coffee). If there's no milk left in the staff fridge it will have to be sugarless and black as I will not cave in to Greggs!
    *buses to and from work using my bus pass
    *pick up new (and free!) sofa from my aunt after work (after getting a transit-driving relative to fetch it for me)
    *washing was put in this morning will see what I can do with it when I get home (may have to go in tumble dryer though as there's no heating in the house and I can't use the garden yet)
    *all plugs are off (except OHs phone charger as he's still in bed snoozing)
    *go online browsing for a new halogen oven. Other half broke mine last night when fetching it out and it unfortunately shattered so no fixes available. Due to the renovation work we don't currently have an oven so this is one of those essential spends (as I don't want to do all of our meals in the slow cooker and not having one will only encourage OH to buy more takeaways)
    *get paid Friday so need to go through wages and dish everything out. I owe OH £40 as he paid the electric bill this month.
    *go through fridge and freezer to make some kind of meal plan - as much as Ive got the equipment to cook with at the moment.
    * write the rest of my essay and chase up a meeting with placement people.

I have a busy day today so best crack on!
    Have a good day, to you all! Take care x
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Thanks LP - yesterday was a much better day thanks. I think it's just the stress of a 3-day week and trying to fit in 5 days work. (I'm off on holiday :D) My boss is out of the office today and then he is off the week I get back so it was trying to do a bit of a handover etc too. Plus annoying clients asking annoying questions but that's just run of the mill...

Wow, I saved some money yesterday - went into bed at 8pm. :rotfl: Heating was off, fleecy jammies on and started reading a new book. Must've fallen asleep about 9.30 but definitely before 10 as my sis texted me then and I didn't see it. Ahhh

What else... freezer tea last night - salmon and sweet chilli sauce with jacket potato. Mmmm.

Also made HM sweet potato, onion and chili soup to use up some bits and pieces. :A

Need to sort YNAB this morning. All looks ok but we've not got quite as much £££ for our holiday as I would've liked but hopefully doable. :cool:

Take care mes amis :beer:

I missed why lego mum has stopped posting but hopefully she'll be back soon. :grouphug:
    xxx
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: quick one as we're away today and I'm still not showered, one small is still asleep and the clothes are all on the bed rather than in a case :rotfl: we don't have a specific time to leave but want to go early ish.

I feel your pain la e just done a weeks worth of work in 2 days!!!
    Today:
    Check baking, surveys and FPL
    Take milk and staples from home to holiday place, take tea towel, bin bag and washing up liquid to save buying these there
    Snacks for car
    Post two fleabay parcels
    Fill car up but work will pay :D
    Leave house tidy. DH cleaned downstairs yesterday, will do a quick fly lady in bathroom and girls room is fine, beds are made.

Possibly won't be posting until Saturday unless I can get some wifi, so have a good rest of week. PF.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Campers,
    I didn't post yesterday as had dentist stress. It turned out ok. Treatment to pay for but they messed my appointment times up so didn't charge me for my scale & polish......which offset my subsequent £50 Ikea purchase by £33.
    Today's money saving plans:
    *Make big fish pie, enough for 2 days. Instead of mash, will cook all tiny l/o homegrown potatoes, halve them & arrange on top to use them up.
    *Order some gifts from book catalogue. Amazingly, 5 of the books we have decided to buy for people are in there & at a vastly lower price.
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water & still no heating on yet. Laundry to be pegged outside so a bit of energy saved there.
    *Cash in Toluna points for £15 Sainsbury's giftcard.
    *Bake something.....maybe apple & cinnamon scones?
    *Pick a few courgettes as plants will v soon be over.
    *Soak sweetpea seeds for sowing tomorrow (free seeds).
    *Clear herb bed. Cut everything back & tie anything which is still good enough to dry in bunches to bring inside.
    *Pick last few bunches of grapes.
    *Enter 3 competitions.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Carry on knitting sissy-in-law's present.
    *mf f has asked me for a Christmas list. Apart from some perfume, as I've run out & it's not something I think to buy for myself, I can't think of a single thing! Anyway, it reminded me we need to agree a limit for presents to each other. Nice to have some treats but not nice to be still paying for them in February.
    Ok, busy list so will crack on by getting the fish out of the freezer & putting an egg on to hardboil for my pie.
    Love to all.....& keep it in your purse!!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning guys :) Day 3 of maternity leave and no plans, so just going to have a lazy one! Got family coming over tonight for FIL's birthday takeaway meal :) My list for today:
    - Check bank accounts
    - Sort out more baby things
    - Surveys/Swagbucks
    - Pick up a baby chair from gumtree, a £5 bargain!
    - Quick tidy round and do a load of washing

Have a good day everyone :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2016 at 2:16PM
    Options
    Morning guys :) yay to it being Wednesday and another day off :D Have been up since the crack of dawn and feeling pretty productive already :D Will just do household chore until 10.30 leaving me the rest of the day to play with madam and do things I enjoy doing :beer:

* [STRIKE]put load of washing on will peg out in a minute. Nice day here (now was very crisp this morning and I did put heating on for 1/2 hour)[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]stripped and remade madam's bed. Put fleece blanket under sheet. [/STRIKE]Why is it apparently colder here than up north???
    * checked aubergines. Going to harvest them today as baby aubergines and compost plants
    * [STRIKE]have measured out all ingredients to make tortilla wraps. Just need to make the dough now & cook. Will freeze the majority in batches of 6[/STRIKE] made 19 :D will make YS BBQ turkey
    * tidied & swept kitchen, washed up, cleaned down the sides of the cooker
    * [STRIKE]going to attempt to decant inside freezer contents into outside freezer/fridge and defrost it. [/STRIKE]This is going to be a hard job as it is brimming but it's so over frozen it's constantly on auto defrost and the bottom of my fridge constantly full of water :o hope this doesn't mean we need a new fridge as we have decided we need a new mattress. Oh has visions of us spending £400 on one but I can't afford that :( I could probably stretch to one that is £300 and use some of my emergency fund...
    * make pizza base for dinner Friday
    * decided on a home day today so playing with toys at home, reading, board games and a trip to the park on the itinerary :D
    * would like to spend 30 mins sorting out garden....
    * hopefully go to the lottie this evening when oh comes home for an hour - got a fair amount done yesterday in this time :D
    * photo & list yet more fleabay items
    * wrap & post 2 fleabay items
    * lunch is courgette soup I defrosted last night
    * dinner is lo pork stir fry
    * clean bathroom & dust & polish hallway & bedrooms
    * knitting socks!
    * emailing complaint to a1d1 as their gherkins keep going mouldy after about a week. This has happened now for at least the last couple of months! Emailing them photographic evidence!

Seems loads better stop procrastinating
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 19 October 2016 at 12:07PM
    Options
    Good morning all,

I'm not a newbie just re-registered with a new name.

Anyway better get on and get a list up :)

Today's small things
    * Freebie yogurt drink with breakfast from Check0utsmart
    * Checked banking/updated spreadsheets
    * Filled water bottle at the gym
    * Stripped our bedding and put it in the wash as it looks like a good drying day
    * Wrote a birthday card from stash
    * Used some ood natural yogurt up in my scrambled eggs
    * Download a couple of episodes of a programme I'm watching on Amaz0n to my phone
    * Dishwasher run on the quick wash
    * Repurposed an old mirrored wardrobe door that had been in the garage for 10+yrs and its now become a wall mirror in the kids bedroom (the fittings from the door have been taken off and put in a labelled box in the garage incase they come in handy in the next 10yrs!)
    * Found 2 hooks in the garage and put them inside a kitchen cupboard so I know have somewhere to hang my oven gloves

Still to do
    * Fill in an online form but need to fully read through the instructions first.
    * Make tomorrows packed lunches
    * Make cheese scones - dh's favourite
    * Help kids make peanut butter cookies after school
    * Clean & tidy the whole house ..... speaking of which.... I better get started.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure