IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ticket

Options
123457»

Comments

• Esmahtron
    Esmahtron Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 January 2013 at 3:46PM
    Options
    FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO STAY IN SCOTLAND
    This law is apparently only applicable in England and Wales as of 1/10/12 but as its a private company I do not think they have the ability to enforce this law anywhere in the UK.

Don't ignore your letter though - complain!!
    Email [EMAIL="highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk"]highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk[/EMAIL] highlighting that it is outrageous that they send these letters for car parks with EH post codes such as Almondvale ( Scotland ) whilst stating on the letter an enforced law in England/Wales. Scottish Car Parks should be removed from thier system of automated scare mongering letters. England and Wales have my sympathy.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Esmahtron wrote: »
    FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO STAY IN SCOTLAND
    This law is apparently only applicable in England and Wales as of 1/10/12 but as its a private company I do not think they have the ability to enforce this law anywhere in the UK.

Don't ignore your letter though - complain!!
    Email [EMAIL="highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk"]highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk[/EMAIL] highlighting that it is outrageous that they send these letters for car parks with EH post codes such as Almondvale ( Scotland ) whilst stating on the letter an enforced law in England/Wales. Scottish Car Parks should be removed from thier system of automated scare mongering letters. England and Wales have my sympathy.

The advice to ignore if its your own vehicle applies to all of the UK, the change in law doesn't make these fake tickets suddenly enforceable. They are still an illegal penalty in as I said the whole UK. Complaining to highview or any parking company is pointless in this regard, you will have them in stitches and they will send you letter rejecting your appeal ;)

If you are to complain, do it to the right people. Here is who to complain to

1) Retailers or service providers such as hospitals etc
    2) Landlords or management agents
    3) DVLA / ICO
    4) Trading Standards
    5) The press
    6) MCOL if issuing a claim

Who not to complain to as its pointless, unless you intend to use popla

1) Parking companies
    2) bpa
    3) debt collectors / parking company agents
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know the car park well, was taken over twice if not three times last year, then up went the cameras without PP for starters.

Was there today paid for two hrs but was there longer than anticipated, so with it being anpr controlled just cover your number plate up as you exit the car park - they then have no record of you leaving the car park so cannot chase you :) same goes for all other anpr controlled car parks, as you exit cover the number plate up - remembering to uncover it again once back on the public highway.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • lucyamw
    Options
    I wrote earlier regarding my Charge Notice that I received on Christmas Eve - well the whole debacle has been covered in the Yorkshire Evening Post!

Because I'm a newbie I can't add links :( but if you go the the Yorkshire Evening Post website and search for the journalist Sophie Hazan, it's the most recent story she's written.

They're obviously trying to cover their tracks in my opinion, but worth a read!:D
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport