Credit Card Reclaiming Success Stories

Options

Comments

• threeofus
    Options
    I have successfully claimed back over £1400 from MBNA - the process was long and drawn out but in the end I was given a contact e-mail address - customeradvocate.office@mbna.com - the response to this was very quick (I was writing to say that the original offer of £661 was not acceptableld, although I would of course accept it as part payment - and don't forget to include your account details) and was much easier than writing a letter!! Good luck everyone xxx

:beer:

Oh and by the way how is it best to contact Lloyds TSB????
  • shamrock7
    Options
    Phone the phonebank number 08453 000 000 and ask to be put through to card services.Get this address to request your statements. They do take their time however! Good luck!
  • ultranol
    Options
    I've just received full payment from Barclaycard!

The court case was due today, I called them on Thursday to see if they wanted to settle (disguised as my asking if they had received my court bundle), and they said they didn't want to go to court and offered to settle in full.

Just under £1000! :j

Claimed, full fees, interest, court fees, plus interest since court case.

I'd highly recommend anyone calling them in advance, I really don't think they would have turned up in court.

FYI - Mine was done with some estimation, as they could not supply me with full statements - they only clamed to have Early 2003 to mid 2004 on microfiche. And they took nearly 6 months to deliver! And involved the ICO.

Add that to £600 from Barclays Bank (where they ignored the court case and had the bailiffs turn up at the branch!!), and £150 from HSBC, I'm happy. Thanks for the template letters Martin!

Don't settle people!
  • 76Bramble
    Options
    PROVIDER: Argos store card
    Amount Reclaimed: £254.36
    Amount they paid: £254.36

This was my first claim.
    I sent all template letters, I was offered £80, then £100.
    I filed N1 at court on 9th Nov, Argos acknowledged claim on 15th Nov stating they intended to defend all of the claim.
    Received a cheque from the solicitors for the full amount on 19th Nov.
    I suggest to anyone claiming, just hang on in there, you will get your money.
    76Bramble:j
  • maureenmiller
    Options
    I have claimed on behalf of my partner the claim was for £685.00
    the coop credit card company paid £660.and their response was very quick .:j
  • peever
    Options
    Natwest £60.48
    Sainsbury's Bank £39.00

Requested statements from both and only wrote one letter and got all my money back.

Hooray!!!
  • PHIuser
    Options
    Hey Thanks Martin!

Through the early morning blur you advised about reclaiming credit card fees. Being one of the sad ones who still had all credit card statements for the last 6 years, I duly sifted through them. I followed your standard letters from online and after just the initial letter I have been sent one cheque and had two refunds:

GOLDFISH (Morgan Stanley) refunded £64
    CAPITAL ONE refunded £224
    MBNA refunded £79

All for the effort of one letter to each!

BIG THANKS! :T
  • LozBingley
    Options
    BarclayCard (Barclays)

Charged: £580
    Accepted: £786.12

Despite my local court unwilling to hear the case against BarclayCard until after the Bank Trial (February 2008), BarclayCard have now offered me an acceptable amount of £786.12
    :beer:
    Got It & Spent It :dance:
    IKEA CARD = £120 charges = £175 received (146%)
    MARBLES = £450 charges = £370 received (82%)
    I.F. = £494 charges = £494 received (100%)
    CAPITAL ONE = £981 charges = £1,489.03 (152%)
    BARCLAYCARD = £580 charges = £786.12 (136%)
    On Hold :mad:
    A+L = £722 charges (target = 147%)
    BARCLAYS = £1,405 charges (target = 128%)
    BARCLAYS = £175 charges (target = 140%)
    ABBEY = £3,220 charges (target = 148%)
  • pollyspocket
    Options
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">success at last recieved letter today capital1 dont want to go to court the are paying full claim plus interest plus costs £700 :j :j :j :j :j :j A BIG THANK YOU TO MARTIN halifax next</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    MSE_Wendy wrote: »
    Please report your CREDIT CARD RECLAIMING successes here, if possible in the format

Provider:
    Amount Reclaimed:
    Amount they paid:
    The story:

(just a few sentences, please include how far you went did you a. just write a letter, b. threaten to go to court or c. actually go to court)
  • poshwelshbird
    Options
    Provider: EGG
    Amount Reclaimed:£495.27

Amount they paid:£495.27
    The story: I stopped having an Egg credit card in 2002. I sent off for my data and claimed £340 +8% interest. They wrote back to say that they had no case to answer and the OFT actually used them as a good example fo fair charging! :eek: So send 2nd letter threstening court, so they tried to offer me the difference between what they charged me and what their charges are now & no interest - a whole £68. Immediately refused - sent of a 3rd letter (same as 2nd) and by return they offered me the whole lot!

Just wish I'd done this sooner, might have got a whole lot more! But I am thrilled and fired up to continue pursuing the rest!

:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure