Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• Sanchsoot49
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Good Morning

Last night I received two private messages. The first was absolutely delightful and I am grateful to that user.

The second was vile. I really have to wonder what is wrong with people who take time out of their day to go about trolling others. Reported to admin obviously.

I am not going to stop keeping MY diary for anyone.

Bob

Whoever sent vile message is obviously a very unhappy person most likely envious of your happy family life and determination Bob. You carry on ..... :T
  • Sanchsoot49
    Options
    Love the wealth, health and organisation by the way think I may adopt those headings myself !
  • FacelessNumber
    Options
    Glad some bookings came through for you when you needed them the most! Remember this is still a new business and the first year or so can be tough. Fingers crossed you have a less stressful few months ahead!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hello Bob - I posted on your diary when you first started it - and then 'lost' you - am subscribing this time! Have read the whole of your diary yesterday/ today - my, you have had lots of ups and downs! - but your determination and overall positivity shines through - here's hoping there are way more ups than downs going forward! :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    I am up to page 23! I'm really enjoying it, Bob, you are tireless!

No spoilers anyone please!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keyboard warriors are just pathetic and obviously very jealous of you.

Keep doing what youre doing. Youre fab x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    So pleased that it's all come good for you Bob. Look how well you managed, and you didn't even need to use the credit card...
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a tough month bob. Glad things are looking up.

My oldest boy has had some tough times at school. Mainly friends and his imature outlook (he is a summer baby) his transition to secondary school this year has been, in short, horrific :eek: culminating in a very worried phone call from school at the end of last term, and a bit of a panic from me and oh. Luckily all a bit of a mountain out if a molehill (but top marks to the school for following it up) and since the beginning of term he is a lot happier. But unfortunately no words of wisdom in getting G them to open up to you. Just keep yourself as available as possible and some one on one time (so hard I know!) Is invaluable. Good luck x

As ever your dinners sound awesome, I made a Yaki Soba from the wagamama cookbook, unfortunately I included toasted sesame seeds and the Wild one (4 yr old) refused it saying 'seeds are for birds to eat, not people' :rotfl: kind of logic it's hard to argue with!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi bob. Just been catching up with your news. Couldn't believe you'd been trolled with a PM! :mad: What a sad loser that person must be. Also hope DS is more settled.

Still all doing well this week with the bookings. :j also love the headings you have inserted in your posts.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    All sounds good Bob. Glad you have some more bookings.

I'm envious of the amount you walk/cycle. I really need to up my game. I have a bike I bought two years ago but never used, woops. I'll dig it out when life is less hectic.

Hope you have a lovely evening.

Thank you Chandelier I think the 'secret' is making it a necessity. Is there an easy ride you could start off with? Say riding to the supermarket once a week?
    Love the wealth, health and organisation by the way think I may adopt those headings myself !

Do you have a diary too Sanchsoot would love to pop by if so:T
    Glad some bookings came through for you when you needed them the most! Remember this is still a new business and the first year or so can be tough. Fingers crossed you have a less stressful few months ahead!

That is such a good point FacelessNumber what makes it hard is I already have the premises and they always have to be paid for. I often wish I could have started again, maybe negotiated a new rent free period (which I had at the beginning of my lease back in 2012) but of course to the outside world the bills keep rolling whether I am running an established business or a new one.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport