Pip

Options
Just rung to start my PIP claim. I have 2 questions-

1. I'm currently receiving higher rate DLA (both sections) and have a motability car - will this affect my being able to keep the car?
2. They asked for my GP's details. She is currently on maternity leave,so will this also affect the claim?

Thanks, in advance
Me transmitte sursum, caledoni

Comments

• Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2016 at 1:32PM
    Options
    No to Q1, as long as you are awarded the PIP enhanced rate mobility.

No to Q2, all the relevant info will be in your medical records.

Tom
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    That's great. I have FA and am steadily getting worse. My son is my carer (he's 27 and receives caters allowance) so will he need to be contacted?
  • Tommo1980
    Options
    He could provide a written statement detailing what he does for your you as part of your evidence, if that's what you mean.

Payment wise he will continue to get CA as long as you are awarded standard or enhanced daily living.

Tom
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lyniced wrote: »
    Just rung to start my PIP claim. I have 2 questions-

1. I'm currently receiving higher rate DLA (both sections) and have a motability car - will this affect my being able to keep the car?
    2. They asked for my GP's details. She is currently on maternity leave,so will this also affect the claim?

Thanks, in advance
    Don't leave it to them to contact anyone including your GP for medical evidence because they almost never do this. Always send in the evidence yourself, this way you know they have it.
  • lyniced
    Options
    Will I continue to get DLA, while the in process of claiming PIP? Btw, I'm not very good at filling forms, as my hands shake and I can't hold a pen for long. Can I get someone to fill the form in for me?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lyniced wrote: »
    Will I continue to get DLA, while the in process of claiming PIP? Btw, I'm not very good at filling forms, as my hands shake and I can't hold a pen for long. Can I get someone to fill the form in for me?
    Providing the PIP form is returned within the time then yes your DLA will continue until a decision has been made your on PIP. Yes anyone can fill the form in for you. CAB are very good at doing this. They are often very busy so you may have to wait a few weeks for an appointment. If you do go to them then take all your evidence with you.
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    someone said on a forum not connected to this site the other day that they now have the ability to let you fill in a form online, (typing) and then print off and send back, maybe call explaining your difficulties and see if they can accommodate you ?
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • Tolly_T
    Tolly_T Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    You can get anyone to fill in the form for you. They can write it as if it's you writing but they should explain what they've done so that there is no confusion. You don't want their decision to say "You claim you have problems with your hands shaking but you completed the form with beautiful, neat handwriting .....".

I typed my answers in a word document. On the form I wrote "See page ... of the attached sheets". I wanted to include some examples and would have had trouble fitting it in the boxes and I thought it would be easier if I put it all in one place rather than them having to find the continuation section. The good thing about doing it like this is that I can keep it up to date. Any new problems or examples to illustrate current issues can be added to it as they occur so when I have to reapply it should be much easier. This might be a good option for you whether you type it yourself if you can manage that or if you need someone to help you.

They have a shorter form now for renewing but as it asks whether things have changed you need to know what you told them the previous time. You should keep a copy even if you do get someone to help write it out. It's also useful to have a copy so that you can remind yourself what you put if you have to go to a face to face assessment. My assessment was many months after I returned the form and several things had changed. If I hadn't explained this they might have thought I was lying. I hope your application for PIP goes smoothly.
  • lyniced
    Options
    So my son helped me fill out form today (3 hours!!!) and just going to send, but i just have 2 questions.

1. It says to tear off front page letter, but this has my address on it, and no where on the form does it ask for my address, so does it use my NI number to identify me?

2. should I send it recorded delivery?
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Yes NI number/application reference will be used to identify you.

Certificate of posting would suffice if you can get to post office.

Tom
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport