cyclists turned right when i overtook

Options

Comments

• Joe_Horner
    Options
    Careful, or he'll "call you out" on your mistakes. :rotfl:

He can call me in, out, or shake-it-all-about for all I care, he still needs to learn what constitutes a hazard on the roads :)
  • Fat_Walt
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    He can call me in, out, or shake-it-all-about for all I care, he still needs to learn what constitutes a hazard on the roads :)

He's a bell end and will never learn.
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    kraken776 wrote: »
    Wow
    Just WOW!

You have made many mistakes in this post
    Mistakes which you have made MANY times before and which i have called you out for MANY times before.

You really do never learn do you.

MISTAKE NUMBER ONE
    Originally Posted by Aylesbury Duck viewpost.gif
    Oh, the accident happened alright.

This statement is incorrect was no accident.

You knocked the cyclist off on purpose? Shame on you.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    ElefantEd wrote: »
    You knocked the cyclist off on purpose? Shame on you.
    :rotfl: brilliant.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    I'm pleased this thread has been resurrected - it's very amusing.

As others have pointed out the OP's turn of phrase is a bit eccentric..."Just WOW!" and "...I will call you out..."

Is that last phrase even English? I don't think I've ever seen it written down before.

Also the obsession with ad hominem attacks. One of my old philosophy lecturers reckoned ad hominem was a perfectly legitimate argument against an idiot who couldn't reason.

And, being pedantic, I thought the cyclist crossed the road to join a hitherto unseen cycle-path, not ride on the pavement.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    I'm pleased this thread has been resurrected - it's very amusing.

As others have pointed out the OP's turn of phrase is a bit eccentric..."Just WOW!" and "...I will call you out..."

Is that last phrase even English? I don't think I've ever seen it written down before.

Also the obsession with ad hominem attacks. One of my old philosophy lecturers reckoned ad hominem was a perfectly legitimate argument against an idiot who couldn't reason.

And, being pedantic, I thought the cyclist crossed the road to join a hitherto unseen cycle-path, not ride on the pavement.
    Somewhere in the middle of the whole thread, the OP resorted to accusations that I'd reported his posts and had them deleted. When it was pointed out that the report does not say who reported a thread, and then subsequently, two other posters confirmed that they were responsible for the reporting, the OP went strangely quiet on the matter. It was all rather ironic, given the OP's fondness for claiming others were guilty of ad hominem arguments.

The fascinating and entertaining thing about this thread is not the subject matter itself - I think there's an almost unanimous view that the OP was at fault in the collision - but the length the OP has gone to to defend his view of the collision, which is quite remarkable considering he now claims it didn't take place.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    I think the OP is an underemployed philosophy student who has just done a logic module on the form of a valid argument.

It's a bit like the Monty Python sketch "Do you want a 10 minute argument, sir, or the full half hour?"
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    I think the OP is an underemployed philosophy student who has just [STRIKE]done [/STRIKE] failed a logic module on the form of a valid argument.

It's a bit like the Monty Python sketch "Do you want a 10 minute argument, sir, or the full half hour?"
    I took the liberty of correcting your inadvertent mistake. :beer:
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

The fascinating and entertaining thing about this thread is not the subject matter itself - I think there's an almost unanimous view that the OP was at fault in the collision

Don't tell the dragon that (Kraken is a Norwegian dragon) he thinks that people almost unanimously agree with him! But then, that's based on his failed sense of logic.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Don't tell the dragon that (Kraken is a Norwegian dragon) he thinks that people almost unanimously agree with him! But then, that's based on his failed sense of logic.

Thought it was a sea monster??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport