Hole in double glazed patio door for cat flap.

Options

Comments

• Staceyl
    Options
    Hi, I realise this is a long shot as this thread is so old however im hoping someone can recommend a glazier in the London area? I have the cat flap but need it fitted into a double glazed panel (57cm x 109cm) and seem to only be able to find jokers who want to charge £280-£380!! Thanks in advance.
    Stacey
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If it helps a toughened unit that size with a hole in it is less than £100 . have a look to see how easy it is to unglazed it yourself. If its uPVC and modern its a half hour job for anyone that knows which way round a hammer goes .
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Willsie1966
    Options
    Hi. I put a cat flap into a DG unit. It had to be specially made and cost me £75 2 years ago but it has been brilliant. I had to supply the cat flap and then he built the DG unit around it ensuring the seal was in place.
  • Willsie1966
    Options
    Hi there, I used a chap from Diamond Glazing based in Welling. He was a really nice guy, did a great job and wasn't stupidly expensive. I paid £75 for the job to be done. He's a family business so not in the game of ripping people off. I had mine done just over 2 years ago.
  • icingmist
    Options
    Hello, I know this is an old thread but I've looked in vain for someone to recommend a cat flap creator near Looe in Cornwall. It is to go into a double glazed sealed glass panel next to the front door. Please, please anyone know someone they could recommend for the far corner of UK?
    Many thanks
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    icingmist wrote: »
    Hello, I know this is an old thread but I've looked in vain for someone to recommend a cat flap creator near Looe in Cornwall. It is to go into a double glazed sealed glass panel next to the front door. Please, please anyone know someone they could recommend for the far corner of UK?
    Many thanks

you need to phone around companies (small local glazing) that do DG repairs and replacement units, you will need a new panel made with a hole cut out of it.
  • greenface
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    tonyh66 wrote: »
    you need to phone around companies (small local glazing) that do DG repairs and replacement units, you will need a new panel made with a hole cut out of it.
    Also if its next to the front door it need to be toughened glass .
  • ClaireCornwall
    Options
    Hi,

I am looking for someone to install a cat flap in my double glazed kitchen window.

Anyone able to help?

I am based in Falmouth ~Cornwall.

Thanks!:T
  • greenface
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Cornwall glass are the biggest in the south west . (and just got bigger buying a big Bristol company )
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I need a cat flap fitting and quickly so if you work in the above area
    please get in touch. Regards piccolopete

@williamrobb88

I was reading your reply to this thread & wondered where you are based? I am looking to get a miroc chip cat flap fitted in full length glass patio door, but so far all quotes are £300+ for a new double glazed panel inc. the catflap. If you have any further insight to add I would love to hear it.

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport