Problem with TSB contactless?

Options

Comments

• Jabba_flabba
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    I don't believe that you would get teh 5% on a refused contactless payment that was completed with pin, I haven't risked at and have pulled another card out in this scenario.
    I agree - I think it's unlikely
    In terms of the honourable thing then I think that is a bit optimistic,
    Agreed - you can but hope
    and would tacitly indicate that people are playing the current account game, which would inevitably result in the removal of all the incentives for switching and holding 'main' accounts.
    I don't agree. TSB offer 5% cashback on contactless purchases until December 2016. Their security measure i.e. occasional "insert card" prompt, is seemingly sometimes preventing their customers receiving the promised 5% cashback. People's spending habits differ and to draw the conclusion that all the people making a fuss about this are doing so because they're playing the current account game would be wrong.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I don't agree. TSB offer 5% cashback on contactless purchases until December 2016.
    30 September 2017 for accounts opened on/after 1 June 2016.
  • Jabba_flabba
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    30 September 2017 for accounts opened on/after 1 June 2016.
    Good catch. I didn't know that. The December date is the only one given at http://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/guides/contactless-payments/.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good catch.
    Are you saying Colsten went fishing for that info?:)
    Maybe you meant 'Good call'.
  • Jabba_flabba
    Options
    Are you saying Colsten went fishing for that info?:)
    Maybe you meant 'Good call'.
    No I definitely meant 'Good catch' :)
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 June 2016 at 4:37PM
    Options
    B&M declined my TSB contactless for the first time yesterday although the previous half-dozen uses had all been with them.
    No I definitely meant 'Good catch' :)
    Well I've never heard of it before, and the reason for this can be deduced from the fact that it's an American site that you quote. I think it's an unnecessary intrusion into our language so I'll just continue with 'good spot' or 'well spotted'.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    B&M declined my TSB contactless for the first time yesterday although the previous half-dozen uses had all been with them.
    Well I've never heard of it before, and the reason for this can be deduced from the fact that it's an American site that you quote. I think it's an unnecessary intrusion into our language so I'll just continue with 'good spot' or 'well spotted'.

Top hole! My good man.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my first £0.23p today :j - seems that the purchases I made last Saturday didn't go through until 20 June. I hope that they will count towards next month.

Found out today that my local fuel stop has just changed terminals to accept contactless so that's me happier. Between the cost of diesel and the local Co-op I'll make the required spend now.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,277 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess you don't program in Javascript or C++. :p
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options

The meaning is subtly different. 'Good spot' or 'well spotted' is appropriate when someone is particularly observant or, for example, notices a bargain. 'Good catch' implies that, in a situation where there is a collective will to succeed, the person has spotted a mistake and thus averted a disaster or at least kept a project on track. 'Good catch' suggests the speaker is grateful for the error having been noticed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure