“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• 117pauline
    Options
    Sorry I have been missing. You always seem to achieve so much each day and at the moment I am struggling.

Good to hear the heating is sorted and you have your tree. When are you planning to decorate the tree.

The level of Christmas presents for teachers is simply obscene. Not many other jobs require people to fork out for presents. We should start a revolution!

Take care honey, have a hug for you and the little ones
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Oh, my last reply didn't post :cool:

Smalls went to bed a little later than usual again. We had to decorate the tree! Even though the fairy isn't here until tomorrow.

Joey I had dinner this evening with a friend once smalls where in bed :)

Thank you EG, it's reassuring to know that others think similar to me.

Hope you're okay Pauline x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    So on the back of that I haven't ironed the uniform. That's what having company does. Will do it in the morning now I'm going to head to the shower and bed.

Night all thank you for all your replies x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :D

Have a lovely day and hope you get your tree fairy sorted
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Just send 'em out crumpled for once WF! :p

Glad you had a nice evening! And the nativity sounds lovely - incredible just how much she's come on this last year isn't it! Not surprised you're so proud of her! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm only nagging about eating because I care! And good, eating with someone else is much nicer than eating alone - more likely to settle too I expect.
    We've just got our tree too - but the sanding and varnishing of the room it goes in has developed into full scale redecoration (which I suspected it was always going to be) so it won't be up til the weekend. Better get back to it before I' missed.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    I'm only nagging about eating because I care!

Saved me a job JJ! ;):rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hope today has been ok for you WF xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Drawingaline
    Options
    Omg you out me to shame with all your crafting with the kids! Although you inspired me to pick up a gingerbread house to make and decorating ethos weekend.

I don't tend to do presents for teachers at Xmas. They will get a handwritten card from the child, and then I do gifts at the end of the year. I tend to go for lush bath bombs/hand creams as if they can't use them I am sure someone in the family can. Although when my autistic child was in year 2 I got the teacher a little Irish flag for her desk and an Irish flag trolley token as he was obsessed with flags and he adored that teacher, and she really 'got' him. She had that flag in her pot of pens in her desk until she left at the end of last year.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 December 2017 at 11:45PM
    Options
    Thank you for all stopping in :D

EH :eek: Crumpled I just can't do.. They went well ironed .. socks and tights included ;)

Not going to pretend much else got done today though. Hard things going on around us at the minute and decisions I don't want to make... Can I stop being adult for a while?

Still dragged myself to the winter fayre £4.50 spend, could have been worse I guess. Activities done, fed, bathed and tucked into bed. Good conversations of knowing they're loved and things have taken place. I don't want to fail

x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback