IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Posting on the Parking Board – your help please

Options

Comments

• trubster
    trubster Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    65KyqU5.png?1

Doesn't that look better :) - Yes that is at the top of the page

In the last 21 days that I have been running Linux it has blocked 95,850 ad's/trackers
    We’ve had to remove your signature because your opinion differs from ours. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why you can not have your own opinion on here and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Mr_Winkle
    Mr_Winkle Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I also note some Parking Eye related posts have disappeared from the Parking Pranksters blog.... Coincidence or something afoot?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I suspect that may have been twitchy finger trouble. :)

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/parkingeye-drop-case-breightmet-street.html
    [This post appeared earlier but mysteriously disappeared. The Prankster does not know why but he may have accidentally deleted it with a random click while trying to change his mouse. Apologies for any comments which are now lost. Edit 2. Yippee, comments are back too]
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    At least the Parking Prankster stands up to PE and the hollow threats from their solicitors (including supposedly reporting Pranky to the police). Here is his latest word on the matter:-

Many letters have been sent to Hill Dickenson asking for a crime reference, but there have been no replies. As Hill Dickenson have been warned that all their letters may be published on the blog, perhaps they have decided to shun the limelight
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    Maybe we should create a standard signature that everyone could use should they wish. They can't change everyone's or ban everyone...

Now that would be really boring .......:mad:

Just like the new avatars - don't know about anyone else but I quite like to be individual in my style and thought processes and not be considered a sheep meekly following orders .....
  • Nenen
    Nenen Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    With help and encouragement from posters on here and the prankster website, I sent an online appeal to Parking Eye recently explaining why I refused to pay their 'parking charge'. I fully expected them to reject my appeal and thought that I would have to escalate my appeal to POPLA. However, I have just received an email from Parking Eye saying that the parking charge has been cancelled.

I was extremely pleased about PE cancelling their charge until I read some of the comments on here and now I am worried about whether the email stating they have cancelled the charge is just another one of their tricks. My question is twofold - (1) have they ever reneged on a cancellation before and (2) do I need to do anything else?
    “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.”
    (Tim Cahill)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope you are fine - keep the email!

This is the wrong thread for a specific question about a case though - we are mainly venting frustration on here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thank you for your responses everyone.

We've amended two paragraphs in the first post to make our point clearer:

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them “scammers” or “criminals”. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about ‘is the name-calling fair?’ – so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    So which private parking companies do you feel are acting fairly?

The whole "industry" is unfair by its very nature ... if a company tries to claim a genuine pre-estimate of loss of £50+ for breaching a trumped up "term of parking" then they are acting unfairly, and possibly even illegally - they are trying to impose a penalty without any basis in law.

So ... WAS it H-D / PE who "got at" you?
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    Its a Shame you haven't been more direct in answering questions
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business