Ten minutes from home ...

Options

Comments

• tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Man I hate these mornings. You know the ones where you are up and dying to put away the kids bits that they have dumped so that the house is straight so i can plough on with the room of doom knowing that I am up to date on everything.

The sky is blue so I am hoping that I can get the washing dried as the last two days have been horrendous here and i don't want to have to spend money drying stuff... not being stingy just that it is less money spent and more money to get on top of bills. Might be only a few pounds but it all helps. looking ahead towards Christmas I would love to be able to relax knowing everything is in hand.

After the other day if the weather stays like this then we might go for a wander. Trying to keep a NSD as I have a voucher for South Lakes and even though we would take a lunch it would be nice if we get an ice cream.

Off for a brew and do my daily clicks.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Quite a bit on eBay now and two other things to go on. Just need to get them down off the top of the kitchen cupboard! Hope they all sell, if not, then I seem to have a nice car boot pile developing. Why did I buy some of these things - I've used them a handful of times.

Roll on Friday as I'll know if, and what hours I will have for the next half term at least. I have done a quick budget and need to work at least ten a week to pay the minimum. I would love four days work as this would mean I could attack the bills.

I've been a bit sad, or is it organised, and printed off some calendar sheets for next two months. I am determined to get my house sorted and think I always fail as I set unrealistic targets. You know the ones. For example on certain days of the week my feet don't really touch the floor as I am busy with work, kids activities etc but instead of knowing this I still think I can do a few hours sorting as well.

Alongside this during September i need to post up what i owe on here [making it real is quite scary] but also what i have made from clicks. I know some people might not agree but if my work hours come through I want to start building up vouchers that I get discount on from work.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Is it really nearly 5pm? Not moaning just today has gone so quick!

A card came from postie today with a notice telling me something was at the post office that the sender had not paid enough postage on. After checking everything we were clueless as to what it could be and asked to see it before parting with the £1.50. Still no wiser so took the gamble and paid. It was something from Sainsbury's to do with DD1 guide badge. So means she has more evidence for another challenge so I suppose it was worth it!

The pine shelves of pending things has a empty tub and another is half empty and although there are other piles in the room, these are either eBay or tubs with finished stuff in for dd's craft stall and are under the window so out of the way. I'm pleased with this as dd2 went back to school today so see it as the start of a new year and has hopefully set the tone.

Should find out tomorrow about hours next week so here's hoping they are enough.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Really hoping that today picks up as already kicking myself. Firstly I lost my will power and did one of them deposit x amount of cash and get x amount of free spins too. Why am I so stupid. Quick way to lose money.

Then as I'm having my me time catching up whilst kids are still in bed there is a knock of the door, open it to religious people. I would not have opened door but it was same knock as postman. Grrrr.

Had a letter back from tax man and am owed £12 odd so will now put that in account. Also heard from FOS that they are now looking at my case. Am hoping that after they give be a default notice and then proceeded to give me a loan goes in my favour.

Not got timetable yet. Hoping for the magic ten hours any more is a bonus.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Well the reason why my timetable took longer than usual was that one of my colleagues had a death in the family early yesterday and they needed re doing. Whilst I am grateful for the extra hours my heart goes out to him.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    So left from the summer holiday we have the south lakes and nectar vue ticket to use before the end of September and also have £20 on a vue gift card and £8 on a farm foods.

I was going to use the vue today but we are having one of our silly tidy up days.. we have 'me' time and then i have written jobs on a mini whiteboard that once done means we can have more me time. the time has just run away so much so that i haven't even started tea yet!

My eBay stuff is due to finish tonight. It totals about £20 at the moment which i am pleased about.

Here's hoping to a positive start to the school year.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    So ebay did go quite well apart from someone living 100 miles away bidding on collect item and not realised until i asked about collection and it looks like my second chance bidder is not interested now. Grrr!

Work was fine today but it will be a longer day tomorrow.

got myself a diary to try and get myself more organised so busy sorting that!
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Partly wished i had not bought the diary because as soon as things pop in my head i am writing them down and where i once thought i was getting on top of things i am finding more to do!

Second day at work and I am already counting the days till weekend. I think today I am shattered because of a smash on the motorway which delayed me by over an hour!

One of my eBay collected and i am quite tempted to message the other as originally I put after 5pm but am now wondering if they have forgot even though it is not even 6.30pm yet!

Think i need a caffeine injection and then see if i have any more energy to tackle more jobs in the diary!
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    It has been a while since i have been on my diary and today's entry is trying to understand why.

Whenever the bills are coming in thick and fast and you have no money to cover them people always say not to stick your head in the sand and talk about the relief and how it feels like a weight is lifted off your shoulders by talking. But when you have a blip and it happens again the second cry for help makes me felt i was lying about being able to keep up a payment plan.

I do agree with this theory but it is not easy and when something happens [in my case i had no work with my zero hours contract] it is not always easy to see the light at the end of the tunnel and becomes very easy to go back to that dark place and stay there for a while. Some people can easily pull themselves back up, others not. I think i am somewhere in the middle. I would love to have a financial safety net and yes i do try but something always crops up. Mine currently stands at £1 and this is only because you have to have this in your account to keep it open.

Luckily for me my first cheque will clear on Weds and then weekly for the near future but due to the nature of my work I think I will try making half term plans. Projecting budgets way too far in the future is not the way forward to me due to the nature of my work.

I write this as i have received my 'nasty' reminder about my leccy bill, borrowed some money off my sister and am late with the rent. I might not be back until Weds as i can't do anything financially until then but will keep myself busy working on my KD.
    Go get it!
  • tibawo
    Options
    Not out of the clear yet I am now owed over £1000 in pay.. frustrating that you work 'two weeks' in hand as i can now smell it but can't get rid of the anxious feelings it is all generating.

I have tried to contact npower. love it how i get seven days from the date they send things to respond before charging me fees but they can take their own sweet time.
    Go get it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport