The Money Club????

Options

Comments

• afletcher30
    Options
    I have been a member since October as I got the full spiel and the 'guaranteed' that I would easily make the savings to equal the amount of money I paid them. So I thought I would give them an opportunity to get me some savings.

I have used them 5 times and so far I have:

beat their price hands down twice
    matched their price once
    saved £7
    They couldn't supply the product I enquired about.

I have had enough so I wrote to them to ask for my money back as I do not believe they have met the terms of their contract. I have never had a copy of membership agreement and signed up over the phone so I do not know what terms I am supposed to have signed up to.

I have cancelled the DD online, and have written a second letter. If I fail to get a refund I will start CC proceedings against them to recover my costs.

Use Quidco for cashback and Kelcoo or others for comparisons. The Money Club CANNOT save you money.
    Comping since 1995 Wins - July 2012: Discovery Hamper; £100; August 2012: Portable BBQ, Original Source Shower Gel
  • chelseababy
    Options
    Hi
    where do they get your details from? I have missed a couple of calls and when I did i471 got an 01..... number - when I tried dialling it there was always a fault. Today they got through and asked for my partner by his first name - I asked who they were and when they said the MoneyClub I said I'd never heard of them... Now I have and am glad I checked them out n here. I have now warned my partner.
  • CrookesGuy
    Options
    Yes, I've just had a silent phone call from them. It seems from postings on other sites that ASDA is passing phone details to them from a promotion on one of is websites - although I always, always opt out of third party contacts.

Keep clear of The Money Club. I was fleeced by them a couple of years ago and couldn't get my money back. There is also a similar business promoting discounts on travel / holidays and so on, you pay so much a konth and .... you get the idea. £150 worse off for giving them my bank details because, of course, there's a massive admin charge if you decide to cancel.

The best advice I've seen so far is on another site - "don't pay money to save money."

Chris
  • tashaafeni
    Options
    If you are having problems with calls from the Money Club, we would like to know. Please contact the Money Club Head Office on 01753 733733. Thanks.

Just did most, not at all helpful. Refusing to give me a refund. Martin Lewis needs to go on TV & expose this club! I am in the process of writting to him! (& others) :mad:
  • tashaafeni
    Options
    Even If you do write they write back telling you they won't give you a refund. Please don't believe them
  • grandie
    Options
    just been reading blog on this company, many people have had the problem of being coned by them, if you sign up and give bank details money goes from your bank 4 days later, then another lot later on, you can not get a refund, so I recon this is a scam, all they are is a search engine, people can do that much them selves and maybe find things a lot cheaper than the moneyClub. so folkes avoid if you can, do the leg work your self, not only save you having to pay this company but save you money by finding the cheapest your self.
  • spicetee
    spicetee Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I got sucked in by The Money Club one Saturday morning when I was in a weakened state of consciousness and have rued the day ever since. They got my details through a link from the gm.tv website. I signed up for the trial month and next thing I knew 98 pounds was gone from my account at the end of the month. Had to go through my bank to get the money back (under the charge back provision) after MC refused to refund even though 1. the month trial hadnt officially ended before they took the annual subscription & 2. the date they took the dd was 3 working days before the date they had on their very well hidden agreement.
    Also spoke to the Which? legal team who suggested reporting them to the Office of Trading Standards.
  • Terwyl
    Options
    I also got caught here. I got a membership letter dated 11 March 2010 welcoming me and giving me 4 weeks to cancel. I tried to cancel from 3 April but could not find any email address on their home page (well concealed if you know what I mean!).
    Anyway on 8 April I thought that I would just provisionally go through the process of doing some shopping, pressed a contact Icon there and Hey Presto I found an email address supposedly to various departments.
    Anyway long story, short, they have written to me refusing a refund although as I pointed out 8 April was actually 28 days (4 weeks??) after their letter, and would be considered so until Midnight.
    I am now contacting the bank since I believe that this violates the Code of conduct, and presumable they were not entitled to take the money until 9 April at the earliest.
    People need to shout from the Rooftops about this outfit.
  • jasonhenley
    jasonhenley Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Us too. Wont cancel, (just posted a thred in Legal Rights). Can you let us know how you get on?

We joined up, as the other half was looking at baby stuff (8 months pregnant) and the £98 that they took from our account early was to get our cot!
  • lizardadi
    lizardadi Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't speak to these con artists if they call you. I have no idea how they got my bank details, but they took £99 out of it and refuse to give it back. They say all is explained in the welcome pack. I never recieved a pack of any sort from these people. Also they say I had a 28 day trial period. So why did they take £98 from my account just 21 days after the first £1. "Thieves and Scammers" I say. I will try the idea of claiming back the DD from my bank. If it works, I shall let you know. In the meantime....BEWARE.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure