Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Options

Comments

• Atos_Healthcare_representative
    Atos_Healthcare_representative Posts: 221 Organisation Representative
    Options
    ebsay wrote: »
    If ATOS has nothing to hide, why does it now make it's employees sign the Official Secrets Act?

Hi ebsay,

Some of our contracts with clients other than DWP require this level of security, and we follow one security policy across the business so that our staff can move across different clients and projects while complying with the appropriate security level for the client. None of this affects an employee’s ability to whistle blow and make complaints though.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Atos Healthcare. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Fairywings56
    Options
    My ESA has been stopped as a result of my ATOS assessment which when I got the ESA85 was peppered with lies about me by a Nurse and not a qualified doctor. I put in a GL24 last October which was acknowledged in December 2012. Now come January some person has read the ESA85 with 6 points on it and not bothered to look to see if I have an appeal ongoing. As a result one hand doesn't know what the other is doing and my money has been stopped. What next ATOS as my assessment was just full of lies! I want help not being told to sign on at the Jobcentre as my GP says I simply cannot work at all.
  • nogginthenog
    Options
    To the ATOS Rep

Can a HCP stop a claimant from conferring/talking or gesturing, with his or her chaperone at the so called Medical.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • isolation
    isolation Posts: 120 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2013 at 10:22AM
    Options
    My ESA has been stopped as a result of my ATOS assessment which when I got the ESA85 was peppered with lies about me by a Nurse and not a qualified doctor. I put in a GL24 last October which was acknowledged in December 2012. Now come January some person has read the ESA85 with 6 points on it and not bothered to look to see if I have an appeal ongoing. As a result one hand doesn't know what the other is doing and my money has been stopped. What next ATOS as my assessment was just full of lies! I want help not being told to sign on at the Jobcentre as my GP says I simply cannot work at all.

Hi Fairywings and mikee2450
    Your stories seem familiar to my partner's. I also called the DWP as I thought they had her report mixed up with someone elses!
    She also got her benefit stopped whilst on appeal.
    I tried to do it all myself, but didn't have any help from ATOS or the DWP in telling me what the next steps were and as there were so many errors from both organisations, it led to 7 months of problems.
    If I were you, I would go to a benefit advice centre, also try getting help from one of the online forums such as
    http://www.dwpexamination.org/
    or
    http://www.youreable.com
    as there are some knowledgeable people on there on which to call upon for assistance.

Best wishes,
    Dee
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    How many times does one have to keep reminding the Rep?????
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just a reminder of the original remit.

Subjects it can answer questions on include:

• Clarifications about the Work Capability Assessment questionnaire
    • Appointments/Assessments
    • Travel and travel expenses to the assessment
    • Home visits
    • Health Care Professionals and their qualifications (but not specific individuals)

It won't be able to answer questions on:

• The policy for decisions itself (DWP is responsible for this, not Atos)
    • The appeals process
    • The DWP staff who made the decision
    • Questions that would need your personal details
    • It can obviously only answer questions on the parts of the ESA Work Capability Assessment it carries out.

Thanks!

Question for the rep...

Does a HCP' specifically a NURSE have to identify themselves with their name and registration number in the same way that a Doctor must tell you his or her GMC number.
  • walter_wobblebottom
    Options
    How many times does one have to keep reminding the Rep?????

Question for the rep...

Does a HCP' specifically a NURSE have to identify themselves with their name and registration number in the same way that a Doctor must tell you his or her GMC number.

Hi sicknotefirst

This is what i have been informed by ATOS

If it is a doctor you can ask for their name and GMC registration number, if it is a Nurse,the Nursing and Midwifery Council ask them to provide their name and geographical location, if requested ,but not their Registration number.
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same" - Oscar Wilde
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi sicknotefirst

This is what i have been informed by ATOS

If it is a doctor you can ask for their name and GMC registration number, if it is a Nurse,the Nursing and Midwifery Council ask them to provide their name and geographical location, if requested ,but not their Registration number.

Thank's for your post. But it really is up to the Atos Rep to answer.
    If they are the ones that answer then we have it down from them what they expect from the HCP's working for them

Of course that might not be the "customer" service we receive, But at least we know what there official word to there "customers" is on the subject.

I Hope that the Atos Rep can answer the question, To confirm your points
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • sicknotethefirst
    Options
    halight wrote: »
    If they are the ones that answer then we have it down from them what they expect from the HCP's working for them

Of course that might not be the "customer" service we receive, But at least we know what there official word to there "customers" is on the subject.

thumbs-up.gif
  • walter_wobblebottom
    walter_wobblebottom Posts: 579 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2013 at 5:07PM
    Options
    halight wrote: »

Just so you know i have this in writing from an ATOS rep and signed on ATOS notepaper
    "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same" - Oscar Wilde
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ebsay,

Some of our contracts with clients other than DWP require this level of security, and we follow one security policy across the business so that our staff can move across different clients and projects while complying with the appropriate security level for the client. None of this affects an employee’s ability to whistle blow and make complaints though.

Just as well really as the public wouldn't get to know the shocking tactics Atos uses to throw sick and disabled people off their benefits!!
    SCOTS nurse Joyce Drummond reveals how thousands of genuinely ill people were set up for a fall before they had even been assessed by benefits firm Atos

Here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport