Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Options

Comments

• levis2891
    levis2891 Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes....

at the weekend i read online that someone uses money off manufacturer coupons on online shop with tesco. would hand over in an envelope to the driver (writing details on outside), then at store they would scan then refund the person. she said that this was a regular thing but for the life of me i can't find the post :o

does anyone else do this with their mocs? i like to do online shops but would love to be able to use my coupons online aswell

i did phone tesco to ask, but i don't think she understood what i ment as she said if its got an online code its fine
  • dasophster
    Options
    Levis I have read on here about this being done but not sure how it would work in most cases; at least here in the London area it is only very big branches of supermarkets or even distribution centres where the online shopping comes from, so I'd imgine they'd be doing things on such a huge scale taking MOCs and scanning them for individual customers wouldn't really be logically possible; also at least with Mr S here they do the transaction for your stuff just before delivery and bring you the receipt-again not sure how they could do a seperate transaction back at the store just for your MOCs?
  • artypaws
    artypaws Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2012 at 6:22PM
    Options
    deleted as I posted in wrong thread
  • artypaws
    artypaws Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2012 at 6:25PM
    Options
    deleted as I posted in wrong thread - sorry
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks milo

for future reference offers for use with couponsare ok in coupon thread and will make it easier for sgop list to be updated

Milo90 wrote: »
    If anyone is going to Tesco later.

Flora Vegetabe Spread 500G is half price at 85p, should be £1.70

So if you have a £1 coupon from Unilever it's free and 15p off your shopping. :j
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    levis2891 wrote: »
    at the weekend i read online that someone uses money off manufacturer coupons on online shop with tesco. would hand over in an envelope to the driver (writing details on outside), then at store they would scan then refund the person. she said that this was a regular thing but for the life of me i can't find the post :o

Tesco DID used to do this. You would hand over the coupons to the driver, making sure you name and address and clubcard number were on them or the envelope. The driver would take back to base and give to Customer Service who would process a refund.

Now, the last time I did this, the CS said they weren't sure Tesco did this and would get someone to call me back. They didn't, but someone else reported recently that Tesco were no longer accepting coupons like this.

The best thing to do is email Customer Service, the details are on the first pages of coupon thread, and ask them, IF they say YES, then print out email and give it to delivery driver.

HTH
  • Milo90
    Milo90 Posts: 344 Forumite
    Options
    thanks milo

for future reference offers for use with couponsare ok in coupon thread and will make it easier for sgop list to be updated
    I'm sure that's where i posted it MT, and it seems to have been moved into this thread with some other posts. :think:

I'll repost it in the coupon thread as well. :beer:
    Remember You're a Womble !! Keep Tesco Tidy. :beer:
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hi milo

both threads are pinned at top now, perhaps you posted here by mistake
    as no reason this can't be in coupon thread as offer to use with coupon

thanks

Milo90 wrote: »
    I'm sure that's where i posted it MT, and it seems to have been moved into this thread with some other posts. :think:

I'll repost it in the coupon thread as well. :beer:
  • kittycatface
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »

Tesco DID used to do this. You would hand over the coupons to the driver, making sure you name and address and clubcard number were on them or the envelope. The driver would take back to base and give to Customer Service who would process a refund.

Now, the last time I did this, the CS said they weren't sure Tesco did this and would get someone to call me back. They didn't, but someone else reported recently that Tesco were no longer accepting coupons like this.

The best thing to do is email Customer Service, the details are on the first pages of coupon thread, and ask them, IF they say YES, then print out email and give it to delivery driver.

HTH

Last time I tried to hand coupons to the Ts driver (Dec 2011) it didn't work. He was lovely and took them to manager along with my phone number, but she rang me and posted them back the same day saying they could only accept their own e-coupons. tbh I didn't follow it up and I should have done but I had managed to get a few extra ecoupons accidentally (one code didn't work so rung CS and they sent me 2!) and I didn't want to risk the £36 off my shop for the sake of a couple of quid. I would def take aesops advice about emailing to clarify your stores policy, but now i do all my coupon shops in store in case.
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    Options
    When is the £5 wys £40 on till at t's, i thinking going Thurs for a coupon for next week but won't bother if offer finishes --- ta
    SIMPLES!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport