Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I think you'll be alright Blackcats, if I'm honest I think they are the better team out you and them, but I think they have left it too late to catch you up. Perhaps if they hadn't been held to a goalless draw by us earlier in the season :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: My ex was a Spurs fan, if I'm honest I'm rooting for Chelsea to win it too ;) although my Dad was a Spurs fan too and he would have loved it. Then again, he'd have loved to see Bournemouth in the Premier League too :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Second load of washing is in (everything of ds's smells of bonfires from scout camp :o), and ds has done his homework already without any arguments :j :j

Ds might be going out with friends today, in which case the dog and I will go for another wander later :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Hmm, a funny day today. Ds's 'friend' text him earlier to say he ahad spoken to the other friends and they didn't want ds going out with them today :( He was really upset, he knows he doesn't have many friends, in fact I'd go as far as to say he doesn't really have any :(:( He has always struggled with friendships, either he chooses people who have a negative influence on him, or he just messes up somewhere along the way. Anyhow, this group of friends have known him since primary, they've never been close but have always got on okay, but this today really upset him. He knows he's different and doesn't fit in but it hurts to be rejected :(

So, I told him we'd go and watch some trains, he mentioned a place he'd seen while on the train so we found a parking spot fairly nearby in the forest and walked the dog until we got there. It was actually a good spot, he could see a long section of track, the dog and I could walk alongside it and get some steps in ;) So, we agreed to wait for one more train then we would go home ... all good until out of nowhere the heavens opened. Just when we thought it couldn't possibly rain any heavier it decided to hail. The dog, who was utterly drenched through, decided to sit down and refused to budge any further so I ended up carrying him back to the car. Along the way a baby bambi came darting out right in front of us, literally close enough to touch :)

So, we got home, heating on, hot water on, cups of tea all round, then we bathed the dog which made a complete mockery of me cleaning the bathroom this morning :rotfl::rotfl: Anyway, he's now had the hairdryer on him which he loves and is fast asleep on the sofa. I now need to go and scrub the bathroom all over again :D

I do only need to do about another 400 steps to reach today's target :T
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the so-called friends - it's so hard isn't it. Kids can be so cruel. I hope all ok at school tomorrow for DS. The other kids will probably have forgotten all about it and not known how hurtful they've been.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Blackcats, he's already stressing about what he'll do at break/lunch tomorrow as he has no-one to hang out with :(

In other news, £7 from an ebay sale tonight, off to chuck it in the pot and update the signature ;)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    This months mortgage payment has gone, signature adjusted :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £20 cashout from a survey site :j :j
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £10 payment from quidco for clicksnap items :money:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, another weekend rolls round already :D
    I have just redeemed £10 from a survey site, it will be added to the signature shortly. Ds is off to his Dads this morning which leaves me and the dog to have a quiet weekend. We have the usual food shopping / housework routine to perform with a bit of footie thrown in this afternoon, other than that there isn't much planned.

I have done my 10,000 steps every day for a week and have stuck to my calorie allowance and am disappointed with a first week loss of 1lb :o I know it's better than nothing but usually the first week is quite impressive and gives you motivation to stick at it. Hmm. Anyway, I know it works because I've done it before, I just need to keep going. So, this week will be more of the same - lots of steps and sticking to the calorie limit :)
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Benben
    Hope all ok
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing