PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Morning Sickness. What is that?

Errs and realises that BoP could not be more incorrect!!

Off now to watch Skyfall, wobbleades in the Vic and a decent dog burger as well.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2012 at 6:44PM
    Options
    Here are my pleasures for today.

1) Not a bad sleep and warm under my 2 duvets! Smaller son now sleeping in his own bunk bed with little fuss.

2) Sons off to school happily.

3) Phoned my solicitor and she is going to see me on Friday. I asked about payment and she said she'll run off a letter to the ex and would not take any money off me! Had a tear in my eye after coming off the phone - she's doing it as a favour to me. She has just branched out and started her own solicitors (after being a partner in the big previous firm).

4) Booked sons onto the canoeing and sailing afternoon on Sunday. They enjoyed it a fortnight ago.

5) Picked smaller son up from new school at 1pm. Blimey, it's a long way! Got lost (again) when I got close. Luckily he could direct me out of the town afterwards. Got to meet his teacher as well - she's ace!

6) Smaller son had a good day (bit shaky yesterday) so went roaring back up the behaviour board and was allowed to go swimming.

7) Physio appointment with smaller son. He walks a bit on tiptoes (so he looks as though he is lurching forwards). He was very good during all the ankle and hip twisting the lady did to him. She measured all the angles he could bend at and checked his back. The usual questions about whether he had a traumatic birth etc and what other strange symptoms he has (erm... one or two!) She thinks it is one of his sensory problems rather than something she can treat although we have a few stretching exercises. He doesn't like anything touching his feet (or any other bit of him, to be fair!) and can't even lie in bed without socks on so it does sound as though that is what it is. Something else to tell them for his big diagnosis in Jan!

8) Going to finish writing Christmas cards later.

9) Looking forward to Holby City.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith wrote: »
    H
    7) Physio appointment with smaller son. He walks a bit on tiptoes (so he looks as though he is lurching forwards). She thinks it is one of his sensory problems rather than something she can treat although we have a few stretching exercises. He doesn't like anything touching his feet (or any other bit of him, to be fair!) and can't even lie in bed without socks on so it does sound as though that is what it is.

Bit of a weird thought but if he does not like anything touching his feet, is he walking on tip-toes to reduce the sensation on the soles of his feet when he stands on them?? Probably not even aware of it is he has always done it?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Need to be quick as got sooo much to do

1. Tea of jacket potatoes

2. Lunch too work

3. Warmish at work - it was very very cold yesterday

4. Phone call with a friend

5. holby city later
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    sparrer glad you managed the trip unscathed

craigywv.... awww bless him

Feeling a bit under the weather so I will try not to share my germs :p cant be flu as I've had the jab ;)

For last few days

1. DS had his first driving lesson and did really well. Managed to get a good deal 5 hours of lessons for £50

2. Lounged around sunday feeling [STRIKE]hung over[/STRIKE] exhausted and watched tv

3. managed to get a reduction on my car insurance / breakdown cover renewal. Phoned up and threatened to leave and surprise surprise the price came down to less than last year !

4. budgeted to spend child benefit money on christmas food and drink and managed to only spend £40

5. joined my new team at work today. Everyone seems nice and I spent most of the morning trying to get my computer to work so didnt have to answer the phone until the afternoon :D

6. some nice comfort food ... morrocan lamb casserole and jacket spuds last night, roast chicken and chips with gravy tonight. DS is away from tomorrow at Earls Court with field gun crew for armed forces tournament, so I should be able to manage on leftovers and freezer bits for rest of week, so I only spent £14 in Aldi this week

7. picked up bargain xmas pressies at Wilkinsons... Thorntons chocs 359g on offer at £4 reduced from £10... must try not to eat them :o
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2012 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Hello, RAS. Yes, that is one of the theories she put forward. It is a symptom of some children with sensory issues that they walk on tip toe and that they walk more normally when wearing shoes as it is a cushion between floor and foot. She said sometimes she advises that children have a 2nd pair of shoes for indoors to help with that.

Another thought was he has selective mutism and is very shy and had a bad time at his previous school which knocked his confidence. So perhaps he started walking a bit "stooped" because he felt downtrodden and also because it neatly avoids eye contact with other people (he doesn't like eye contact much!) If that is the case, it has now become a habit so she spent 10 minutes getting him to copy her doing a very upright walk with chest puffed out and arms swinging!

Either way, his leg muscles will become a bit short if he keeps tiptoeing so we have some stretchy exercises to prevent that.

It was quite interesting!

Also, I'm pretty sure he didn't always walk like that! I thought it was because he has grown 20cm in the last 24 months (is same height as bigger son and 5 foot tall at the age of 9) and that his legs might ache a bit!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Reverbe'd 1p :)

2. My JSA came in, woohoo!

3. Managed to get into the childminding meeting despite being way down the waiting list for it and have a lot to think about now....

4. Yummy dinner of leftovers

5. Rainbows was fun :)

6. YS goodies in supermarket near the childcare meeting. Yummy pears and apples both very YSd nomnomnom

Nearly fell asleep whilst driving home this afternoon, so am going to have a very early night with my specs and my book! DD has a sore throat so have relented and she'll be with me.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    FRITH soundslike things are looking up for you , long may it last.
    Kittikins glad the JSA has come in.
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Pleasures for today,
    1. DD feeling better today after a day tucked up in bed, she was a bit sickly yesterday but thankfully just seems to have been a 24hr bug.
    2. Good meeting with my boss today and managed to get a few issues out of my inbox. Just wish could get the horrible project out as will but will get there soon.
    3. Managed to get most of the christmas presents that I needed to get for £20 by using the Tesco voucher exchange and another £10 off voucher. Was very pleased with my haul.
    4. Curry for dinner - cheated using a paste but it was very very hot. Managed to get lots of veggies into it again. Also made a big pot of soup for lunches tomorrow.
    5. Nice chat with mum on the phone. She was sounding quite positive and was happy with a visit they had from dad's step-neice.

hugs to all who need them
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hello all - quiet here today.

Skint - tut tut re the hangover. I am very smug to have got away without one on Sunday. Generally nothing is worth a hangover any more - maybe I am getting old.
    Kittikins - hope DD is better soon. Mine is unwell too - some kind of virus I think.

For today

1. Crying with laughter at a genius blog written about "The Killing" - I will shut up about it now, honest!
    2. Most of the house is now clean - just the lounge and conservatory left. MIL is visiting at the weekend so it had to be done
    3. Yummy chicken pie - but no "YUM" on top. But i did put an ele[hant and a hippo..
    4. Made mince pies and jam tarts with left over pastry
    5. -working at home day - but I didn't do any work, but I did go in yesterday so don't feel guilty.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport