May the (NST) force be with you

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    Bagged a nsd yesterday but today won't be. It's my mam's birthday and I want to buy her a cake. Making one would just be punishment and I love her way more than that :D
    Other than that I'm just ticking along - trying to survive the run in to GCSE's and exam marking season.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    pippy1971 wrote: »

f0xh0les Worse than the toilet roll for me is when they use the last of a multipack of crisps and leave the empty bag in the larder...

Bah! That is for amateurs, half a teaspoon of milk left in the carton in the fridge, so you reach for the other one in the door, and there is barely a mouthful in that one too. The swines! :mad:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Having many laughs reading all about your kids leaving empty/used items around the house :rotfl:I kinda feel I missed out not having kids now!!!

Today I am grateful for:
    • Living in the countryside
    • Sunshine and birdsong all day
    • A beautiful home (even if I do only rent a room still!)
    Today was going to be an NSD but I went ahead and booked myself a long weekend (well in advance) for when I'm next up North visiting my family in August. It was a bit of a spur of the moment decision, but I decided I needed something to a) look forward to b) help motivate me to keep up my exercise/diet c) split up the family time which can be hard work, though I love them all dearly!

Rest of the day in pottering - my idea of heaven! :)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    Options
    Today hasn't been a NSD as we went shopping, got a load of dishwasher tablets and laundry tablets from Home bargains and then went to Aldi and Asda. Spent more than I wanted to but we won't need to get household stuff for a while now.

I've also been in the garden today, mowed the lawn again (this time it looks much neater/level but it's also looking a bit dead. Nothing that some rain won't sort out though (I hope).

I'm grateful for the wonderful sunshine today, not only because it lifts my spirits but it also means I can hang out the laundry. :D
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Abundant Not just kids. My DH also does the loo roll and the milk thing. Also taking the last shower gel/toothpaste etc without letting me know and then asking when we run out 'haven't we got any?' Wouldn't be bad except we use different toothpaste and shower gel!
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Turtles

Another gorgeous day. Out and about by 8.30 having done a washing (now dried and ironed), Walked to Lidl and bought more cheap washing gel and foil (have enough to last us at least three months) plus some YS pork and steak. Also got some YS tomatoes and samosas in the Co-op. Meals all planned for next week.
    Porch is looking a bit bedraggled but the communal area is looking very tidy. Partly due to me picking up the rubbish but more to the lady who contacted to local paper about the mess caused by the storage facility rented to a building company by the local authority. A year of complaints has done nothing by suddenly it’s all neat and tidy. Nothing to do with a council election last Thursday or am I a cynic? There seems to be some movement on the building works. Some of the external gas flues have had to be replaced because they’re not long enough (not mine thankfully) and this has now been done so a little progress.
    Today I’m grateful for a beautiful day and a long walk. And most of all for my son feeling better. He has come off medication which he has been taking for a long time (with great success, thankfully) but it has caused some side effects which are now diminishing.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the go-ahead with my marking, for a lovely night out yesterday (friends' 40th wedding anniversary bash), for getting home with dd from said bash safe and sound (had a mega panic moment as the bus turned and went the wiggly route, but the lovely driver took us to where we would coincide with our next bus, and then when he drove back past us 20 mins later on his route, he stopped to check we were okay. Lovely man! We had a 25 min wait!), for the bus stop having one of those countdown timers so we knew when our bus was coming, for dh getting home ok (around 1am, and he'd got the bus in the same direction we had before realising that the bus he was aiming for had stopped running for the night, so he had to get off and go the other way), for being able to laugh about our adventures, for dd falling straight asleep once home (not always the case), for a much-needed pottering day, for the sunshine and general spring-ness.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spring-ness. What a lovely word.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so relieved I'm not the only person who lives in a household where I'm surrounded by people leaving empty crisp bags, loo roll tubes, milk cartons etc. Or putting their shoes in front of the shoe rack :mad:
    Today I am grateful for that.
    I am also grateful for my lovely mam, and grateful that I can drive so I could collect dd when she needed me to.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Beautiful weather here, so washing has been done and dried - will iron it later. Trip to GC done with OH whilst smalls were bag packing at smkt with Scouts and Beavers - bought some clearance tomatoes (look fine to me!) and an aubretia for 50p, some lawn weed and feed (Huuuuge bag of it), get off my garden smelly stuff for cats, pet friendly slug pellets, non-reduced tomatoes and 2 courgette plants - ooh and a pot for my sister's birthday (to plant her Xmas present in!!! :D) and a passiflora to train against one of the fences - total spend was almost £80 :eek: but I had bday vouchers of £40, product trial reward vouchers of £15 and loyalty reward of £4.50 - so actual cash spend was £18 and some pence - much better!

Oh has mowed the lawns, weed-and-feeded half the back lawn, I've weedkilled the front and the patio and dealt with some seedlings. The top patio has also been taken up (many broken slabs and unstuck bricks = unsafe) - have advertised remains as free hardcore. OH is (apparently...) going to put decking there.

Yummy tacos for dinner with wine and beer for us grown-ups! (free beer from a friend, so even better!) and squidgy choc cake for afters for the boys :)

Todays thankfulness:
    * getting what we wanted at the GC
    * beautiful weather
    * DS1 + gf helping OH dismantle the patio
    * DS1, gf, DS2 and DS3 having a fun water fight in the garden :) - gap between DS1 & DS3 of 9 years, so not always easy to manage them all doing something
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport