April 2015 Wedding

Options

Comments

• sillyvixen wrote: »
    We are giving notice tomorrow - just taken me nearly an hour to locate my birth certificate, glad i did not leave it until tomorrow it was not where i thought it was.

The registration office we're getting married at requested that the brides passport is either sent in, or presented at the time of picking up the wedding schedule to confirm her nationality...

On the plus side. There is an online service now to order replacement birth certificates for £10 which didn't take too long to turn up.
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    We got our flower girl dresses from Monsoon. Fairly cheap to be honest. £28/30 each

That is where I have ordered from. 2 different dresses arrived today and one is perfect! Just need my friend to bring her wee girlies round this weekend to try them on! :T They were a little more expensive at £55 each but I had a 15% off code.

I've ordered shoes from next and can pick them up tomorrow from store after 12 noon :)
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The registration office we're getting married at requested that the brides passport is either sent in, or presented at the time of picking up the wedding schedule to confirm her nationality...

On the plus side. There is an online service now to order replacement birth certificates for £10 which didn't take too long to turn up.

i don't have a passport, so needed my birth certificate - i did find it, just hiding (i should really sort out my piling system).
    My other half needed a replacement birth cert recently as proof of eligibility to work (again no passport). he could not find the original, and found the system of applying on line very efficient.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    That is where I have ordered from. 2 different dresses arrived today and one is perfect! Just need my friend to bring her wee girlies round this weekend to try them on! :T They were a little more expensive at £55 each but I had a 15% off code.

I've ordered shoes from next and can pick them up tomorrow from store after 12 noon :)

which dresses did you choose?
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • clarabell1984
    clarabell1984 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    edited 23 January 2015 at 3:40PM
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    which dresses did you choose?

I ordered from Monsoon:

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/1/1/82202-party-dresses-starburst-dress-green.html

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_3,mon_3.3,mon_3.3.1/7133110732?skipRedirection=true

But I collected these dresses in Ecru from Next today and I LOVE them!!! :T
    http://www.next.co.uk/x55560s3 and matching cardigan http://www.next.co.uk/x55560s4

The Monsoon dresses are lovely, but for the money, I feel that the Next dresses are better quality so I will be sending them back.

I have shoes coming from BHS tomorrow (used nominated delivery for £1 code) http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/product/wedding-1020484/flower-girl-3988958/shoes-1020510/younger-girls-occasion-ivory-flower-applique-shoes-3806065?refinements=category~%5b471559%7c471147%5d&bi=1&ps=40 and flower girl baskets http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/product/wedding-1020484/flower-girl-3988958/accessories-2582393/wicker-flower-girl-basket-3979923?refinements=category~%5b471558%7c471147%5d&bi=1&ps=40 as my friend is popping round with her girls on Sunday and she lives over 60 miles away!

The baskets weren't the cheapest but this is the type I want and I couldn't find them anywhere else. I'm going to change the ivory ribbon on them to sage to match my colour scheme!

Going to order my cake tomorrow too! Then registrar to give notice next Friday and send my passport away!

It's all coming together :)
  • sillyvixen
    Options
    never thought of next - but looked online and saw they had a purple dress - i will go and see if they have it in my local branch monday lunch time. if i like it i can get my friend to take her daughter to try it in her local branch as they are over 150 miles away this may be the easiest way.
    we have also sorted 6 nights in wales leaving after lunch the day after the wedding - we are planning on a bigger holiday in Italy next year when we have more time to plan exactly what we want.
    it's all beginning to come together.
  • Eeek! 8 weeks today and we'll be married. I can't f'ing wait!

We received an email from the venue confirming meals, table plans etc. I've got my suits, the OH has her dresses, the girls have their dresses, all we need is shoes and favours!

Thankfully our venue has said they are willing for us to bring our own booze as their email stated it was £15.95 for a bottle of red.

Now given the OH, my mother and the SIL go through about 8 bottles on a Sunday, this could be expensive.

So bring a good selection of bottles for everyone is going to save us all a fortune!!

Woooop!
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    never thought of next - but looked online and saw they had a purple dress - i will go and see if they have it in my local branch monday lunch time. if i like it i can get my friend to take her daughter to try it in her local branch as they are over 150 miles away this may be the easiest way.
    we have also sorted 6 nights in wales leaving after lunch the day after the wedding - we are planning on a bigger holiday in Italy next year when we have more time to plan exactly what we want.
    it's all beginning to come together.

That's great that you found something :T My local Next is very small so never have any of these kind of dresses in. Luckily they dresses fitted the girls but not the shoes. I've had to ordered a size up and a size down for them. I have parcels coming out my ears! :rotfl:

We are going to Italy for our Honeymoon! 2 Nights in Rome and 14 nights in Sorrento :j We are going to hire a car and drive to Sorrento from Rome and take day trips up and down the Amalfi Coast - actually cannot wait!
  • Eeek! 8 weeks today and we'll be married. I can't f'ing wait!

We received an email from the venue confirming meals, table plans etc. I've got my suits, the OH has her dresses, the girls have their dresses, all we need is shoes and favours!

Thankfully our venue has said they are willing for us to bring our own booze as their email stated it was £15.95 for a bottle of red.

Now given the OH, my mother and the SIL go through about 8 bottles on a Sunday, this could be expensive.

So bring a good selection of bottles for everyone is going to save us all a fortune!!

Woooop!

!!!!!!! Turns out the corkage is almost as expensive as the bottles of wine my venue provides.

£10 per bottle of Wine, or £15 per bottle of champagne... Meh!
  • clarabell1984
    Options
    !!!!!!! Turns out the corkage is almost as expensive as the bottles of wine my venue provides.

£10 per bottle of Wine, or £15 per bottle of champagne... Meh!

Our venues corkage is the same, i've heard of others that are the same. I think it's to put you off arranging your own wine so they can sell theirs!

Our wine is £16.95 a bottle, but we have tried it and it is reasonable.

TBH I don't know enough about wine to go down the road of buying my own and paying corkage! And it means I have one less thing to organise!

Not very moneysaving though :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport