B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here

Options

Comments

• Kez1983
    Kez1983 Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    My store sells a lot of Bonners sauces/sauce bases really cheaply. Bonners is not a brand I have come across before, is it a decent make does anyone know? I bought a couple of the fish pie sauces (just add cream) for 39p each but not tried them yet.

Bonners is a brand used to rebrand other brands when being sold as clearance. Usually if the jars are still in the cardboard tray that will give away what they are. It's usually a supermarket brand - I've seen tesco finest, asda good for you and others. Sometime you will also find the rebranding factory just be lazy and put the bonners label over the top of the original, so a bit of peeling reveals the secret!
  • squeakysue
    Options
    Today I got a monster high nail art studio for £16.99, I was looking at getting one from Argos for £24.99 so very happy to have saved a few quid.

4de58e396991599fa2d9c720d291c07f.jpg
  • squeakysue
    Options
    Also saw these cars petrol pumps for £19.99, look pretty cool

9161214b4b5c6b7cf56cbb12ab0abaf2.jpg
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Kez1983 wrote: »
    Bonners is a brand used to rebrand other brands when being sold as clearance. Usually if the jars are still in the cardboard tray that will give away what they are. It's usually a supermarket brand - I've seen tesco finest, asda good for you and others. Sometime you will also find the rebranding factory just be lazy and put the bonners label over the top of the original, so a bit of peeling reveals the secret!

Thanks for that useful information. I shall keep a closer eye out in future for the cardboard trays that hold the jars and see if I can glean any info from them! Closer scrutiny of my Bonners fish pie sauce has revealed no clues as to its origin!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • alandenman
    Options
    I recall seeing some goulash or whatever after reading the ingredient list decided it was more like watery soup. I think maybe it was a Bonner tin.

So just check the ingredients to gauge quality.
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    caroc wrote: »
    My B & M has the following :

Bonne vie sweet cucumber pickle 340 g Dec 2012 plastic jar 10p
    Bonne vie sweet pickled alliums (mixed sliced onions with1% garlic) 340g Dec 2012 plastic jar 10p

Thanks, picked up a few tonight, but not many on shelf, don't know if they will restock. If I'm not mistaken they are the same as some I got in M&S last year. Same plastic container and same seal under the lid.

Also found 1kg packs of mini pasta shapes, the sort of thing you get in the children's tins - Sitoni Crazy Shapes Fun Shaped Pasta for 59p.Would make loads with some of your own tomato sauce.New stock b/b nov 2014.
  • poplio
    poplio Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    will check my local.
  • vic.star
    vic.star Posts: 456 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mum-of-3 wrote: »
    Our local B&M stores took delivery today of some great Pauls Boutique items. I know not everyones cup of tea but I have a teenage daughter and nieces so great for me.

Paul's Boutique Perfume gift set £12.50
    http://www.freemans.com/web/main/ProductDisplay.asp?An=0&N=0&Au=P_MasterItem&Nu=P_MasterItem&A=81S983_&cm_mmc=GOOGLEBASE-_-Froogle-_-Womens_FragrancesAndBeauty_GiftSets-_-81S983&catreqmedia=F0348&ordermedia=F0108&entry=3 on here for £40 elsewhere for over £25

Paul's Boutique nail varnish gift set £5 cant see it online cheaper than £15 Blue/Pink/Gold
    http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/product/pauls-boutique-24/7-nail-varnish/22556/

Paul's Boutique lip gloss set £5 again online and on the Paul's Boutique website as current season for £15
    http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/product/pauls-boutique-24/7-lipgloss-set/22557/

I saw these in my local savers today at the same prices aswell, so anyone who can't get any in b&m should go check savers :)

Also, i only just found out b&m has opened a shop in canterbury :j! Our nearest was lakeside and i couldn't wait for one to come nearer. Guess where i'm off to today! :D
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saversue wrote: »
    Thanks, picked up a few tonight, but not many on shelf, don't know if they will restock. If I'm not mistaken they are the same as some I got in M&S last year. Same plastic container and same seal under the lid.

Very interesting saversue. I peeled off one of the labels and there was a scrap of a previous label still stuck to the glue, although not enough to see origin. So they are definitly relabelled and identical to the M & S jars. ;)
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to let any locals know there is a new big B&M in Northampton, where focus was at weston favell, nipped in today but need a good hour or 2 to look round so just had a quick look
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure