Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Transcription money still not through :( which is a bit odd, because it normally arrives in my account the same day. I have sent a polite email to the operations manager and will chase up next week, because their accounts lady is only part-time. I had a 49 minute focus group today, which pays a higher rate of 51p a minute, and they were all beautifully behaved, no-one talked over anyone else and I raced through it, so that was fabulous, and then I got a load of proofreading through as well :)

On top of that, a very nice American customer spent £200 on eBay overnight, so it's been quite a busy day. (Actually she spent £240, but I refunded the VAT.)

Other than that, not much news, or at least none that my tired brain can remember right now. Oh, I do have a new guilty pleasure - Judge Rinder :o:o:o 2pm ITV, it's the British version of Judge Judy and they seem to be borrowing guests from the Jeremy Kyle Show, but Rob Rinder is the absolute master of the subtle put-down. My favourite tonight was, 'I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing near you.' They've only done 20 episodes so far, I think, but fingers crossed it'll run for longer.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Running late with the scores on the doors, but I have a temporary lull in work, so here we are :)

Business
    Overdraft: -£-8,450.00 / -£8,250.00 +£200.00

Business total: -£8,450.00 / -£8,250.00 +£200.00

Personal
    Barclaycard: -£500.00 / -£500.00 no change
    Nationwide card: -£2,305.00 / -£2,305.00 no change
    Halifax card: -£5,580.00 / -£5,580.00 no change

Personal total: -£8,385.00 / -£8,385.00 no change

Grand total:16,835.00 / -£16,635.00 +£200.00

If the transcription money had come through, that would say +£700.00 and the Barclaycard would be gone, but I guess I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer! Chuffed with the way the business overdraft is disappearing though, nearly a fifth of the way through it now.

So, halfway through the month and where am I? (Apart from on a croft on the north coast of Scotland, I know that bit :p). Well, business bills are under control and I actually have a smidge over £500 sitting in the business account ready to pay me when I need it, which is nice. The business overdraft actual figure currently starts with a 4, which is also nice. I've totted up all my transcription and proofreading earnings for August so far and I'm on £501.26 if I include the private job (£58.67), so the situation isn't quite as unhealthy on the new rate as I feared. However, an email came out the other day saying that there was a big reshuffle of the proofreading system coming and they wanted to get it sorted over the quiet summer months, so the future there will be a little more clear soon I hope.
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Quiet summer months" it's summer now so it must be quiet for them , just think how much you could be doing in the winter months :-)
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    "Quiet summer months" it's summer now so it must be quiet for them , just think how much you could be doing in the winter months :-)

I think I may not be seeing very much of Mr Minx in the winter months, if this is 'quiet' :p
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Okay, own up, who's stolen Mr Minx and replaced him with an identical MSE-style clone?? He suggested that we shop at Lidl for the rest of the month and see how much we save on the food bills! So today we did and spent just under £38 instead of our usual £80-ish in Tesco. Fair enough, that didn't have whisky in it, which the Tesco one always does, but that would still have been a saving of about £20. Long may this last!
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whoever's cloned him please make another copy!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Good news - my proofreading shift tonight was completed before 11pm for once :D
    Bad news - that was because I lost two large jobs due to them not being finished and uploaded :(

Still, most of tomorrow's orders are packed up and ready to go, I managed to put a stock order through for nearly £2k and sent a PayPal invoice to a regular American customer for £120 which will hopefully be paid overnight, so things are looking positive. I've also spent quite a lot of time looking at tips for winning your first piece of work on People Per Hour and have a list of things I need to change, so I can crack on with that tomorrow if everything else is quiet.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    so I can crack on with that tomorrow if everything else is quiet.

Ha, fat chance, haven't stopped all day!!

Today's been a good day, despite the weather. Lots of nice things have happened, but the nicest thing of all was that my proofreading money landed in my bank account, so it was time to say:

BYE-BYE BARCLAYCARD!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay!! fantastic news :beer::j:beer:
    Must use my stash up!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    How great, congratulations :T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure