PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    angie99 wrote: »
    Please can anyone give me advice I applied with Martins template form for my PPI but was refused on the grounds a 3rd party (a financial advisor) helped me apply for my mortgage loan, should I dispute the refusal I am gutted to be honest thank you all in advance angie x 07761863238

They didnt sell you anything. So, complaining to them is pointless. It is a bit like buying something in Tesco but then going to ASDA to complain about it.

PPI isnt seen as a financial adviser failure. Advisers account for under 1% of all PPI complaints and most of those are rejected.

Also, mortgage PPI sees most complaints rejected too. There is little wrong with that product and it is still retailed today. So, what do you think is wrong with it?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Suzanne_Trueman
    Options
    Hi I saw a post on a forum earlier today from a gentleman who made a claim against Alliance and Leicester and I he didn't know who to write to as Santander had taken over A & L. I cannot find this forum again as I wasn't registered to write on the forum so lost the page and was wondering who the gentleman eventually wrote to as he had a successful claim. I took note of the two addresses but wondered if he or anyone else could help with who to write to as I had a credit card with A & L which I believe had PPI.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I saw a post on a forum earlier today from a gentleman who made a claim against Alliance and Leicester and I he didn't know who to write to as Santander had taken over A & L. I cannot find this forum again as I wasn't registered to write on the forum so lost the page and was wondering who the gentleman eventually wrote to as he had a successful claim. I took note of the two addresses but wondered if he or anyone else could help with who to write to as I had a credit card with A & L which I believe had PPI.

Santander do the A&L PPI complaints now though they may not have easy access to your records depending on whether the account is active or not and how long ago it was closed if it is.

Do you have any records showing you paid PPI such as old credit card statements?
    What are your complaint reasons?
  • miguelelrojo
    Options
    It's Lloyds, not TSB. Lloyds have told the Ombudsman that they did not sell PPI prior to 1992, but won't go public on it.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's Lloyds, not TSB. Lloyds have told the Ombudsman that they did not sell PPI prior to 1992, but won't go public on it.

Lloyds did sell PPI prior to 1992. Although not every type.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • hi there pinicle and northern rock paid back £ 4 600 PPI also legal and genral paid back £3 900 ppi
  • Banksy82
    Options
    I'm new to this so sorry if this has already been discussed & I hope I've posted in the right place!

A while ago I contacted TSB to ask if I had PPI on credit cards, they informed me over the phone that I did & sent me a pack to complete & return, which I did. The next I heard from them was a letter to inform me that I DID have PPI on the account but nothing was paid to it. The only explanation they could give was that I possibly had a free 30 days & cancelled it after that (which I never did).

Does this sound right? The credit card was used & always had a balance on it. I'm a little confused.

TIA for any answers
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Banksy82 wrote: »
    I'm new to this so sorry if this has already been discussed & I hope I've posted in the right place!

A while ago I contacted TSB to ask if I had PPI on credit cards, they informed me over the phone that I did & sent me a pack to complete & return, which I did. The next I heard from them was a letter to inform me that I DID have PPI on the account but nothing was paid to it. The only explanation they could give was that I possibly had a free 30 days & cancelled it after that (which I never did).

Does this sound right? The credit card was used & always had a balance on it. I'm a little confused.

TIA for any answers

Free policy for 30 days that you cancelled and simply cancelled it?

If you don't believe them just look at your statements from the period, PPI was listed as a separate charge or pay £10 for a DSAR (copy of all your records they hold) if you don't believe them.

You will only ever get a refund of stuff you paid, if you paid £0 you get £0 (+8% interest which is also £0)
  • Banksy82
    Options
    Yes, when I called to ask how I could have had a policy but never paid anything they said it could have been cancelled within 30 days... I never knew anything about it never mind cancelled it!

I don't have any statements from back then (around 2008) I wasn't sure if it was worth questioning, or if anyone had heard of this before. I think I'll send a request for my records.

Thank you
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Maybe you had to activate it or they rang up and you said you didn't want it.

Either way, if you pay for the DSAR it will set your mind at rest though I'd take a punt it will be a waste of £10
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback