Quick update:

1. Stashbusting & Crafting
    Try and do something crafty every day - decluttering or making
    6 cards prepped and a few bits decluttered
    14/330

2. Lose Weight (2lbs per week)
    /2

3. Exercise
    Walk at least 7000 steps per day (minimum)
    8083/7000

4. Read 16 Books
    /16

5. Make 16 new recipes this year
    /16

6. Learn 16 new skills
    Thinking: crochet, sewing and lots more

/16

7. Complete 16 projects in the home

/16

8. Complete 16 RAOK's

/16

9. Spend 16 mins per day acquainting myself with Spanish
    In order to be able to help my son more with his schoolwork
    FAIL - Too Tired now
    0 /16

10. 16 Days or Evenings out with family or friends

/16

11. Clean/Tidy for 16 mins per day
    Kitchen
    16/16

12. Write 16 letters or cards to be posted during the year
    The only letters I receive these days are for dental/hospital appointments, bank statements or bills so I figure there must be more people than just me that miss receiving "happy" mail

/16

13. Complete 16 surveys per month

/16

14. Delete 16 items from computer per day
    Overrun with email/pics/documents so should be pretty easy, will also unsubscribe from as many as possible too
    Few more random pics (pics taken as part of a complaint)
    16/16

15. 16 minutes of exercise every day
    Will definitely help with no's 2 and 3 too

90/16 - long walk

16. Quality Time with OH & DS
    Thinking film nights (at home), game nights, bowling, swimming, cinema etc once a week

/52

Hope to do better tomorrow, keep up the great work, you are really inspiring
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• rdone
    rdone Posts: 569 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Declutter 2016 items
    Went to gloss the skirting board in the bathroom on the weekend but the 3 half pots of paint had gone solid, put in the car and have gone to the recycling plant :)
    42/2016

2. Read 16 Books
    Read this morning but not over the weekend, over half way through now :)

3. Make 3 homemade meals a week
    Completed for last week, had spicy chick pea burgers last night :)
    3/3

4. 16 no spend days a month
    Didn't happen over the weekend, Friday was a success though :)
    4/16

5. Exercise 4 times a week (I have signed up to a triathlon in July so this is a must!) The triathlon is for my Duke of Edinburgh diamond challenge and a month before the wedding. Have been having back trouble but need to slowly get back into it!
    Didn't go this morning as I slipped in the bathroom :(
    0/4

6. I currently do the VSPC in which I do a daily, weekly and monthly challenge. Daily is on the 1st Jan put £3.66, 2nd £3.65 etc until the 31st Dec is 1p. Have done it opposite to most people as I felt I'd be more enthusiastic in the beginning and also get more interest! Weekly is rounding my bank account to the nearest £10 at the end of every Sunday and monthly is rounding my salary to the nearest £100.
    Haven't transferred yet :(

7. Clean/tidy for 16 minutes per day
    Yep, pulled out all of the furniture in the lounge and dining room over the weekend and had a big old clean! :)

8. Do at least 3 pages of my Travel scrapbook per month.
    Failed at this last month. Fingers crossed for this month! :(
    1/36

9. Bring a packed lunch at least 16 times a month.
    Lunch with me again today :)
    5/16

10. No buying any unnecessary toiletries and using the stash first
    Going well :)

11. When doing craft use up stash in house first, only exception is wedding craft! I have a huge cupboard full of things but always seem to buy new when I want to make something. Allowing the wedding to be an exception as some things I've never had before.
    Didn't buy any craft supplies over the weekend :)

12. One meal a week to be shopped for in the kitchen cupboards
    Spicy chick pea burgers were from the cupboard. I think I'll up this to 2 from now on:)
    3/1

13. Do 16 random acts of kindness that cost nothing
    :)
    2/16

14. 16 days out with family/friends that doesn't include holidays
    2/16

15. 16 days out with H2B that doesn't include holiday
    1/16

16. Visit elderly relatives twice a month IN THEIR HOME. I often time a visit to my parents house when I know they'll be there.
    2/4 (I have two to visit)
    My debt free diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348513/large-renovation-tiny-budget-lets-go/p1?new=1

Debt: £14,896.33 @ 21/04/2020.
    Down to: £4,982.12 @ 08/06/2022
    Today: £14,256.23
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Welcome to all the new comers - there are some great lists taking part (I really wish I'd thought of some of the challenges which have appeared - never mind there's always next year :)

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have so many people joining in with me. It's great and really motivating so thank you to each and every one of you :)

I've had a funny few days since my last post as my daughter has had to have 4 teeth removed ready for her brace to be fitted at the beginning of March and has also been attending physio for her knees as she is growing too quickly so I feel like all I have done is run from appointment to appointment. I'm so glad all the teeth have now been removed which need to be as it was horrific for me to watch her hating the injections so much and not be able to do anything than hold her hand :(

Anyway onwards and upwards with my challenges. Here's my progress since my last post:-

1. Stash Busting - 39/365 days of no spending :)
    Items made 75/2016
    No craft spending at all (was even in the big city today and looked in the craft shops but was not tempted by anything) :)
    Made another 13 items - 3 x birthday cards, 8 x easter treat bags, 1 jigsaw heart and 1 x photo bunting :)

2. Decluttering 340/2016 :)
    6 more items gone - including a big pile of paperwork, some junk mail, a lidl catalogue and a toiletry gift set (which was recycled by my daughter hiving it as a present for a party she went to) :)

3. Make £2016 - £107/£2016 :)
    Nothing new to add to total yet but have carried out a mystery shop for £8 which should be paid at start of March :) Also applied for stalls at a couple more craft fairs :)
    Also been doing lots more OnePoll surveys so now only £1.15 away from a £40 payout :)

4. Starting weight 12st 4lb - Weight Now - 12st 0lb :)
    Oh dear - really must try harder :(

5. Sealed pot challenge - money started to be added :)
    A few more coins have been added to the pig :)

6. NSD - 25/120 :)
    3 more added :)

7. Amazon Pot - £99.76/£200 (£29.76 left over from last year) :)
    Nothing new to add but have been swagbucking and gifthulking so moving closer to next lot of vouchers :)

8. 16 outlets - 0/16
    Approached local shop about selling some of my bits and they are happy to take them. I've just got to work out prices so as to cover their 30% commission :)
    Also been advertising my supermums's stall on facebook and posting to actual business page on facebook so hopefully some sales may come soon :)

9. Store Cupboard Challenge 6/52
    One more to add :)

10. New meals 2/12 - tuna fishcakes & savoury bread and butter pudding :)
    We had polish meat and potato dumplings from lidl's at the weekend. I liked them but the kids were not so keen :(
    As not made from scratch not counting them as part of my total but at least we are eating different things :)

11. Flylady Challenge 23/352 :)
    Managed some housework everyday since my last post :)

12. Handmade Christmas 1/50 :)
    Few more bits added to list I want to make :)

13. Save/pay off 16k - £2969.02/£16k :)
    Nothing new to add but the good news is that Apple have just replaced my daughter's IPhone 6S free of charge after it stopped charging after just over a month (mind you so they should)! :)

14. Project Life 2/13 :)
    Got a lot of photos ready to print out and hoping to have time to start February tomorrow :)

15. Quality Time 3/52 :)
    Daughter has been really busy at friends parties recently (4 in a row!) but I did have some quality time with my son yesterday helping him build his lego avengers tower (I'm glad he knew what he was doing!) :)

16. Phoning Parents - 7/52 :)
    Yes another call made and we had a lovely chat :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • Tjh1412
    Tjh1412 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    just a quick update

1. List 16 things to sell each month,I've a huge box of stuff been meaning to ebay 7/16 so far this month
    2. Decluttering 2016 things from my house this year 593 things gone and counting
    3. 16 nsd's per month 5/16 so far this month
    4. Read 16 books per month only 3/16 so far :/
    5. Learn 16 new things that'll help me be more frugal eg baking own bread sewing on buttons etc 2 of these done for the year
    6. 16 minutes each day on chores yes
    7. Sign up to 16 extra money making methods;survey sites etc 11/16 so far suggestions anyone/
    8. Spend 16 minutes a week on filing etc to keep on top of paperwork yes
    9. Put £16 a week into my pension scheme all up to date :)
    10. Pay off/save £16 a week doing well so far ahead of schedule
    11. Make 16 new recipes this year 4/16 so far
    12. Cut down spending by £16 a month not yet done for this month
    13. Craft 16 gifts for Christmas almost finished 2 gifts
    14. Do 16 random acts of kindness that cost nothing 5/16 to date
    15. 16 store cupboard/no cost meals a month just did it last month 3/16 so far thanks to weather
    16. Savings challenge sealed pot for xmas,minimum 16p per day to be put in yes I'm managing this its getting heavy now :)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick update:

1. Stashbusting & Crafting
    Try and do something crafty every day - decluttering or making
    12 x Cards
    2 x Home Sweet Home Box Frames
    2/330

2. Lose Weight (2lbs per week)
    /2

3. Exercise
    Walk at least 7000 steps per day (minimum)
    5000/7000

4. Read 16 Books
    /16

5. Make 16 new recipes this year
    /16

6. Learn 16 new skills
    Thinking: crochet, sewing and lots more

/16

7. Complete 16 projects in the home

/16

8. Complete 16 RAOK's

/16

9. Spend 16 mins per day acquainting myself with Spanish
    In order to be able to help my son more with his schoolwork
    FAIL - Too Tired now
    0 /16

10. 16 Days or Evenings out with family or friends

/16

11. Clean/Tidy for 16 mins per day
    Attic Craftroom
    16/16

12. Write 16 letters or cards to be posted during the year
    The only letters I receive these days are for dental/hospital appointments, bank statements or bills so I figure there must be more people than just me that miss receiving "happy" mail

/16

13. Complete 16 surveys per month

/16

14. Delete 16 items from computer per day
    Overrun with email/pics/documents so should be pretty easy, will also unsubscribe from as many as possible too
    Few more random pics
    16/16

15. 16 minutes of exercise every day
    Will definitely help with no's 2 and 3 too
    16/16 - up & down stairs

16. Quality Time with OH & DS
    Thinking film nights (at home), game nights, bowling, swimming, cinema etc once a week

/52

Hope to do better tomorrow, keep up the great work, you are really inspiring
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• rdone
    Options
    1. Declutter 2016 items
    Can't think of anything from last night :(
    42/2016

2. Read 16 Books
    Read this morning and a little last night :)

I made myself a vegetable pasta and H2B a carbonara. I never do any cooking so this is a huge achievement! :)
    1/3

Nothing went yesterday :)
    5/16

5. Exercise 4 times a week (I have signed up to a triathlon in July so this is a must!) The triathlon is for my Duke of Edinburgh diamond challenge and a month before the wedding. Have been having back trouble but need to slowly get back into it!
    Didn't go this morning and I had intended to go to the pool last night but it was closed because the roof had been damaged by Storm Imogen :(
    0/4

6. I currently do the VSPC in which I do a daily, weekly and monthly challenge. Daily is on the 1st Jan put £3.66, 2nd £3.65 etc until the 31st Dec is 1p. Have done it opposite to most people as I felt I'd be more enthusiastic in the beginning and also get more interest! Weekly is rounding my bank account to the nearest £10 at the end of every Sunday and monthly is rounding my salary to the nearest £100.
    All sorted for this week :)

Kitchen is absolutely spotless :)

1/36

Lunch with me again today, that's every day I've worked so far this month! :)
    6/16

Going well, although I have lost my new concealer!! :)

11. When doing craft use up stash in house first, only exception is wedding craft! I have a huge cupboard full of things but always seem to buy new when I want to make something. Allowing the wedding to be an exception as some things I've never had before.
    Didn't buy any craft supplies :)

12. [STRIKE]One[/STRIKE] Two meals a week to be shopped for in the kitchen cupboards
    My meal was but had to go and buy eggs for H2B. Will not count it as I seem to be able to achieve this easily :)
    0/2

Over the weeekend I started looking into my family tree, I found quite a lot and my Nan was so happy. She never even knew the name of her Grandpa until I told her :)
    3/16

2/16

1/16

16. Visit elderly relatives twice a month IN THEIR HOME. I often time a visit to my parents house when I know they'll be there.
    My debt free diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6348513/large-renovation-tiny-budget-lets-go/p1?new=1

• Philliper
    Options
    Slinking in to report a week of nothingness - I've had a sinus infection and didn't do a thing last week. Looking on the bright side, I may have lost some more weight.

Back on it tomorrow.
    Debt at 1.1.16: £6,631.51
    Xmas 2016 £1 a day challenge: £61/366
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Hi everyone, great progress being made and I'm sorry your not feeling well Philliper. Sinus problems are horrible so sending hugs to you :)

Well here's my update for yesterday:-

1. Stash Busting - 40/365 days of no spending :)
    Items made 75/2016
    No time to make any new items but I didn't spend anything on craft either:)

2. Decluttering 349/2016 :)
    Nine more items got rid of including some 2013 magazines, a job description for a job I never even applied for, some creased wrapping paper and a college brochure (as my daughter iso nly 12 I though she can get another one closer to the time :) )

Nothing more to add but now only 15p away from a £40 OnePoll payment thanks to lots of little surveys yesterday. Am also getting very close to another £10 swagbucks voucher and have booked two more mystery shops for this week :)

Clocked up 35 minutes exercise on the wii fit yesterday and also had a banana afterwards rather than chocolate :)

60p added to pig yesterday :)

6. NSD - 25/120 :)
    No not yesterday as had to buy sugar for the pancakes :(

More swagbucks earned so getting close to another £10 voucher. Also completed a Pinecone survey for £3 so that will be converted into vouchers when I get enough :)

8. 16 outlets - 0/16
    Advertised my supermums stall on facebook again so hopefully I will get a sale from it soon :)

Not yesterday as I had to get some sugar for the pancakes :(

10. New meals 3/12 - tuna fishcakes, savoury bread and butter pudding and savoury pancakes :)
    We tried savoury pancakes last night. Basically pancakes filled with cheese and ham and they were yummy. Both the kids loved them so I will definitely be making them again regardless of whether its pancake day or not :)

11. Flylady Challenge 24/352 :)
    Yep, loads of housework done yesterday including hovering and tidying all of downstairs (apart from my craft room)

No new progress on this :(

Managed to download ITunes onto daughters phone yesterday so instead of paying for downloads we can upload all of her CD's on :) No actual money saved but it makes me feel better :)

More photos taken ready to print out :)

No it took most of the evening to sort out daughters music:(

No :(
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • rdone
    Options
    1. Declutter 2016 items
    Can't think of anything from last night although the recycling went out this morning
    42/2016

2. Read 16 Books
    Read quite a bit last night :)

Homemade pizza last night! :)
    2/3

Nope, had to buy paint for the bathroom and strawberries for pancakes! :)
    5/16

Managed to knock a whole minute off my run time this morning, no idea how. I've also found that my back hurts a lot less when I exercise so no more using it as an excuse! :)
    1/4

All sorted for this week :)

Sorted washing and did some ironing, trying to keep on top of it rather than let it build up! :)

1/36

Lunch with me again today :)
    7/16

Going well :)

Didn't buy any craft supplies yesterday :)

12. [STRIKE]One[/STRIKE] Two meal a week to be shopped for in the kitchen cupboards
    All last night was in the cupboards :)
    1/2

3/16

2/16

1/16

I have been phoning my Nan more often at the moment as I am looking into our family tree and we're both really excited!

It's such a motivator documenting the progress here, I am a person who's motivated by lists and I like to cross everything off! I find doing this makes me feel guilty if I have nothing to report back to you all!
    My debt free diary

• craftingmad
    Options
    Hi all,

I haven't done as much as I'd planned today as my lovely hubby got back from Scotland after a month away so I've spent some quality time with him instead.

However I have managed a couple of things today so here's my update:-

1. Stash Busting - 41/365 days of no spending :)
    Items made 76/2016
    Another jigsaw heart made today and no craft spending :)

2. Decluttering 350/2016 :)
    Holiday brochure gone into recycling :)

No more to add to total but now only 5p away from OnePoll payout :)

Clocked up an hour on the wii fit today burning 250 calories and ate an apple, a banana and had some pure orange juice :)

No more added today :(

6. NSD - 26/120 :)
    Yes :)

No more added today but very close to Swagbucks amount for £10 giftcard :)

8. 16 outlets - 0/16
    Made up a display for a local shop I will pass on my way to a mystery shop tomorrow so will drop it in and hope they sell something (not costing me anything to display there but take a 30% commission off any sold items) :)

So close today but had to use more sausages which I bought yesterday :(

10. New meals 3/12 - tuna fishcakes, savoury bread and butter pudding & savoury pancakes :)
    No not today :(

11. Flylady Challenge 25/352 :)
    Dishwasher loaded and ran and bathroom sinks cleaned :)

Nothing new to report :(

No new progress but am waiting to hear from Sky regarding cutting our bill :)

Printed out some photos ready to get to work tomorrow :)

No, clubs after school meant no time :(

No :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure