Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The tiling is nearly finished in the new ensuite today, its looking good :D just all the painting to do in the bedroom , hall stairs and landings. It looks like I will have to do most of it as dh is moving his factory in a few weeks. I have not been able to say much before now just incase, but it looks like things may possibly be resolved in the near future with his late boss's wife so it doesn't have to go back to court, more details to follow when its all official, but I can say we are definatly moving to new premises ,brand new, closer to home but smaller and dearer.

It's happening in the next few weeks so he is working weekends trying to get rid of over 100 yrs of stuff in the old place :eek: so obviously the house comes second at the moment! It's all exciting but worrying as there is so much for the business to pay out for and its been touch and go financially the last few years.

Back later with some financial updates hopefully :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Spent most of the day cooking today, dh was at work shifting stuff again so I thought I may as well use up some of the yellow sticker veg. Bought earlier in the week.
    So made for the freezer:

Roast spuds
    Mashed suede
    4x portions of courgette/peppers/onions in chilli Tom sauce
    3x leek and potato soup (dd ate one though)
    2x carrot and coriander soup
    2x honey and parsnip soup

It took ages though! I think its probably better to just do the soup in a slow cooker through the day, it felt like a lot of cooking for a few portions of soup really :o

Ds1 is superglued to his Xbox, dd watching a film in her room and ds2 at the cinema with friends , dh is asleep in front of a film playing on his laptop, so I am going to finally start the thing I have been dreading and update my 2013 mfw challenge figures :eek: I had a peek and I have not updated since June. I have not done monthly diary updates either this year so it will be tricky to work it out.

So I guess just check all the balance for all the various companies we owe money to and see what's what, its been a very bad year for spending though!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • southerndave
    Options
    Just catching up, sounds like you are VERY busy!!!! Good luck with the figures, be interesting to see what you got.
  • newgirly
    Options
    It's bad !!! I have no idea the mess I have made this year with my figures , suffice to say I have just updated the last few months from June to sept as £0 paid off each month :(

I have clearly paid some money off as the loan and cc's are a good few hundred pm.

Anyway :

Start balance jan 2013................£178,550

Current total balance .................£174,179.39

Amount showing on mfw 2013 chart jan -may £4637.23

Difference between start bal and now £4370.61

So since may I have paid minus £266.62 :eek:

I guess its the huge amount that everything has been costing for the loft, bathroom, odds and ends, plus spending money for the free cruise we were given. Oh well I shall update next month minus the £266 when I have taken that out to balance the books.

It's so depressing as in April 2010 what I started we owed about £171k and managed to get that down by over 25k now we are back owing more than when we started. It had to be done as we really needed the extra space for the kids now they are getting older, it just hurts a bit.

Definatly not on target for the £9770 target set for the year, and the rest of the year will be just the minimum payments of £368 loan, £150 cc payments , roll on 2014 when I can make a fresh start and stop spending money on this house :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    I've just weighed myself this morning and after cutting down a bit and giving up alcohol for a week I have gained 2 lbs :( obviously I am not cutting back as much as I should have been!

Off to do a bit of painting in the loft room now while there are no workmen here. :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    Argh, no Internet :( I am round my parents at the moment but it may be out for week as we have switched to bt and they apparently sent a new box out weeks ago. It's being sorted out by dh's work so nothing has been chased up, I am missing it badly after just one day!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Still no internet it will be a week until its sorted, I have borrowed my dad's dongle for the moment which when it works is unlimited yay!

The builder has said the loft will be finished next week, and hopefully the tilers will finish soon after too. So its just the hall stairs and landings and the new bedroom that need decorating. I need to get my butt into gear as we won't be paying someone to do it, the budget is down to zero.

I am still doing the £10 a day budget, which is ok as I batch cooked some meals sunday and am still going through the freezer,i did just buy a loaf at the local bakers and it was £1.55 for a sandwich loaf, shameful when I have a breadmaker and flour ready to go, just didn't want to wait 4 hrs for toast this morning :D
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    newgirly, have you remembered to get your 2 x Daily Mirror today for the Aldi vouchers?? ;)
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • newgirly
    Options
    Ah thanks pink poppy you are a sweetie :D I did remember late this afternoon so have just finished my shop and was going to post a reminder on my diary just incase. There were good discount vouchers this week to weren't there :)

I have been a bit naughty today and bought dd and myself some primarni pjs , it will have to come out of the £10 a day budget so I have overspent already but I just couldn't resist. will have to have a few nsd's to make up for it.

Dinner is homemade frozen roast potatoes, turkey and broccoli for the kids , batch cooked spag bol for dh and jam on toast for me as I [EMAIL="can@nt"]can't[/EMAIL] be bothered today,back later to catch up on diaries and blogs if the internet stops crashing long enough.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Dh is at work all weekend again, with ds2 today who is hoping to earn some extra money to pay for a football ticket. I need to finish decorating the loft room as almost everything is finished now and we should really get a move on so we can use it.

The inlaws are visiting later so I need to clean up and I should also start packing for when we are away weds to alton towers. Not sure how it will be possible to get 4 kids 2 adults and luggage in a Vauxhall zafira though, its kind of got a boot or a last row of seats not both!

does anyone else feel that the more you have to do the less you feel like doing it ? I suppose I should make a list :

clean bathroom
    sort out all bedrooms
    clean kitchen
    living room
    clean car out
    pack clothes/medicines/storecupboard food
    pay council fees for building regs £545 (£200 more than I thought :()
    buy ds1 some more jeans if time
    make shepherds pie for dh tonight
    check all accts

back later :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback