Tax Credits Helpline, unable to get through!

Options

Comments

• debbieblueeyes
    Options
    Why did they change it,its worse then before tried 4/5 times and every time they hung up on me never got to speak to a human being.disgusting service!!!!
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    BRYANMITCH wrote: »
    After countless try,s via mobile to contact these people...my daughter came to use our landline due to constantly using up her phone credit whilst on hold.On the 23/07/2012 she rang at 9.10a.m and was caller number 17 in the queue...at 11.15 she was down to number 1 only to hear "the caller at the other end has cleared".I looked up another number for the complaints manager-rangit-went through the usual menu system-then gave up after 30 minutes! We still havent managed to speak to a human as yet!

Which number were you ringing? I wasn't aware the tax credits helpline told you where you were in the queue. Has anyone else had this?

IQ
  • charleypink
    charleypink Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned this morning and after several attempts and being cut off, i tried a different number and got through after 10 minute wait. I used this number 028 9053 8192, don't press any numbers, just hold and you will be put through to someone. you will still have to hold, but hopefully you won't be cut off
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    i was moaning about this to a friend this morning.
    I was on the phone for almost 4mins to them this morning, having to listen to 'press option 1 for... option 2 for' and also 'did you know that our website can answer FAQs' etc....then, at 3mins 59secs, it says 'i'm sorry, all of our advisors are busy, please call back later'.
    Well, thats all very well, but why run my phone bill up to almost 4mins before telling me!!!
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got through this morning. It took about 5 mins to get through the options and information and then about 5 mins wait.

I call that better than average, so I have no complaints.

Call was dealt with politely and efficiently when I did get through. i wish all call sntres were so good.
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i rang today at 3.35, got through immediately after the "choose options" menu ... very helpful staff member and was done by 3.40 .... 10 mins in total.
  • dollyweth
    Options
    Tried 4pm Thursday and again just now - got a message both times saying my call couldn't be taken right now and to try again later. Posted my form Thursday afternoon so I'm hoping it arrives on time - not holding out much hope of getting through on the phone!
  • MancMaid
    Options
    I imagine your success was largely due to the fact that it was Sunday and most claimants wouldn't have expected the lines to ne open.
    I have tried to call to renew my claim around 7 times so far over the last 2 weeks and on each occasion, was cut off once I'd sat through the 3.5 minutes of 'have you tried our website, even though you can't renew on it?'
    Still hoping to get through at some point....
  • laceyloo98
    Options
    Having a terrible time! trying to get through since last thursday. Phoned this morning from 8am . very frustrating having to listen to over 5 mins of information only to be told that the call cannot be taken have tried at least 20 times today!
  • wotnext
    wotnext Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Same here. Trying desperately to get through and I have to sit through the same old information before finally being told they are too busy and I'm just cut off. It's not good enough as I assume I am being charged to sit and listen to their 'helpful information'. Every year it's the same - why don't they ever learn?! :mad:

Maybe I'm a cynic but I sometimes can't help but wonder if they make a tidy profit out of all the failed phone calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure