Cyclist v Motorist that's actually worth watching

Options

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Minrich wrote: »
    Anyone who has a camera on the rear of his bike aswell as one facing forward are only looking for errors , low standards of driving , abuse etc ! Fortunately there's not too many of them about .

For the same reason why many cars are now installing rear facing dashcams - to deal with shunts from the rear. If the car had caught him from behind the front facing camera wouldn't have had the angle of view to see it.
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    I reckon the fall probably saved his life, he looks like he's a prime coronary candidate.
    Much more running could have done for him.

Maybe a bit of gentle cycling would get him in better shape :)
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately, what we have here is a silly cyclist not following the advice of Roadcraft and the like which is to ignore the stupidity of other road users and get on with looking out for yourself.

I ride with a mirror and in a situation like that I could have easily and deliberately jinked across to encourage an amicable pass through one of the gaps.

On the other hand it was a classic example of the irrationality of motorists when faced with a cyclist, and so many are simply not prepared to consider cyclists as people who they need to be careful about. Over the years I have learned to stop reacting as much to the idiocy of others both when driving and cycling, and life is much sweeter.

I hope nasty fat man has learned his lesson on temper control, and I hope Mr Cyclist has learned a lesson in not provoking people - I can guarantee that a roadside conversation will never educate a motorist as to their mistakes, you will never get anyone to admit to a stranger that they have made a mistake, too much loss of face!

So film away, and post on YouTube, but confrontation creates a negative image and does not change hearts and minds.
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I seen this one the other day in Glasgow. Same thing, but a lot more civilised.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xSj6VwbIiE
    All your base are belong to us.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Motorist at fault for overtaking close and reacting the they did.

Cyclist at fault for egging him on instead of just leaving it.
  • Oldfatgrumpy
    Options
    Minrich wrote: »
    Anyone who has a camera on the rear of his bike aswell as one facing forward are only looking for errors , low standards of driving , abuse etc ! Fortunately there's not too many of them about .

I wish I'd had a rear-facing camera in my car to record the lorry driver who pulled up behind me at traffic lights, then forgot about the trailer I was towing when he attempted to tailgate me when the lights went green, crushing my trailer and punting me across the roundabout in front of him for a frightening few seconds before I managed to pull over out of the idiot's way. The front facing camera recorded nothing except the terrified shrieks of my wife.
  • pendragon_arther
    Options
    watched the full video, quite clear the driver has a very serious issue with cyclists.
    The first overtake was aggressive and deliberately dangerous .

It ended with a very large well served dose of Karma.

I'd imagine he'd have a huge issue with his consultant psychiatrist too.
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The one that always gets me with these things.
    Rush to pass cyclists. So in a hurry?
    Nope,plenty of time to argue and get out of the car.............
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I played the video without sound. So driver overtakes cyclist who thought they were king of the road, then nearly runs over several pedestrians in pursuit, winds the driver up and then illegally rides on the pavement?

I wonder if this is the same cyclist
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33743137
    If the driver was me, that cyclist wouldn't be walking again. (Ps, i'm a (fair weather) cyclist too)
  • ChumLee
    ChumLee Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    I played the video without sound. So driver overtakes cyclist who thought they were king of the road, then nearly runs over several pedestrians in pursuit, winds the driver up and then illegally rides on the pavement?

I wonder if this is the same cyclist
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33743137
    If the driver was me, that cyclist wouldn't be walking again. (Ps, i'm a (fair weather) cyclist too)

Yeah right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport