Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Options

Comments

• heynonnynonny
    Options
    I second that, having my appt this friday, have already seen the frames I want, the choice is immense and there are some lovely frames!! I am never going Specsavers again, just spent 250 quid on 2 pairs which I am not happy with, went in last week to get a repeat copy of my prescription and was refused although am in my rights to demand one according to Asda opticians. Can't be bothered with the hassle of going back, it's Asda all the way now. Thanks so much for posting this.
    Ahhhh.... lemony fresh victory is mineee!!!
  • familyfitz
    Options
    After reading this thread, I went and had my eyes retested (only one yr after previous test). Thankfully there was quite a change in one eye therefore didn't need to pay for eye test.
    Chose my new designer frames (Jigsaw and Kookai)-both out of stock on day...Jigsaw in stock next day and others first week of Dec but hey, will have one new pair within the week.
    Realised I didn't query type of lens other than establishing with my 'normal' prescription (L SPH-2.50 CYL+1.25 AXIS80 / R SPH-3.00 CYL+1.50 AXIS110) I wouldn't need 'thinner' lenses. But will they be plastic or glass? Have asked for one pair to be reactalite but other than that didn't ask. Current ones are plastic.

Altho people are saying for prescriptions like mine there are other good offers around, this is the only place I could have chosen from a selection of definate possibilities rather than only finding one I liked.

Well chuffed and looking forward to getting them.
    If only I could stop finding good bargains on this site, I would save a fortune! :rotfl:
  • cherrykerry
    Options
    I would just like to say a huge thank you to the op for this. I knew i was going to need a new pair of glasses as my eyes had deteriorated since I got my last pair but there is no way I could afford to pay out over £300 for a new pair right now. I had an appointment at Asda opticians this morning and the staff were all lovely and really helpful. I have -6.75 in both eyes and managed to get 2 lovely pairs of designer specs with 1.67 lenses for £54 (I had an nhs voucher aswell) which is an absolute bargain. We also got hubby a new pair at the same time :D
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    where is the cheapest place to get 1.60 index lenses with a frame?

looks like for my prescription i'll only get 1.60 index lenses so it might be better for me to buy elsewhere??

anyone know is asda can be beaten for my situation?
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    carpy wrote: »
    where is the cheapest place to get 1.60 index lenses with a frame?

looks like for my prescription i'll only get 1.60 index lenses so it might be better for me to buy elsewhere??

The Asda price includes a frame and thin lenses dependant upon your prescription.
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds fantastic :) Do they do frameless glasses? they are the only ones i can where and they can be really expensive!

Cheers
  • arbroath_lass
    Options
    DH just got his two new pairs :T. With "reactions" and 1.67 index lenses two pairs were £150. They're brilliant.
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    Got my two pairs last week. Real bargain if you want thin lenses - even at Costco it was £40 extra for thin lenses, Boots wanted £80 extra a pair.
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would really appreciate some help guyz :)

Do they do frameless glasses and is there a way to see what they have online (I can't seem to find anything) - like these http://www.geekeyeglasses.com/wp-content/gallery/67/1011t-bvlgari-eyeglasses-411.jpg

I am not being lazy as the nearest one to me is 55miles, so don't want to turn up for a nothing. Also do you have to have the eye test their or can you just bring your existing prescription and order them?

And finally do they deliver them in the post?

Thanks for any hlep :A
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "I am not being lazy as the nearest one to me is 55miles, so don't want to turn up for a nothing. Also do you have to have the eye test their or can you just bring your existing prescription and order them?"

I took my own prescription in but as I wanted varifocals they did the measurements there. Why don't you ring your local Asda optician and ask them about whether they will post them to you - I don't see why they wouldn't if you have paid for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure