IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Watch Parking Charge Notice newbie help needed

Options
Hi all at MSE.
I have just got back from tesco's coventry. I have been given a parking charge for parking on cross hatchings..i was not there for long. Its a £100 fine but if paid in 2 weeks its £60.
It says "the vehicle was parked on private property in contravention of the site parking restrictions as displayed on the signage or permit"

I would like some help/advice on where i stand. I have had a ticket from another private parking company before and just ignored them. 6 months later they stopped bothering.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is not a fine. It is an unfair invoice from a private firm of ex-clampers, for their own scummy profit.

Why do you need advice - have you missed reading 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'? If so, read it please then come back.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Kshah786
    Options
    Hi . I have read the newbies post but i have no idea what PPC is or NTK etc. All i have found out is Park Watch is linked to BPA. I would really appreciate anyones input. This is my first post and I can't afford to pay a £60 fine
  • Kshah786
    Options
    In the past i have ignored a pcn from a local pub. After a few months they never bothered. However this was at tescos. Maybe a bit more serious company.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Kshah786 wrote: »
    Hi . I have read the newbies post but i have no idea what PPC is or NTK etc.
    That's because you haven't read post #2 of the thread...where all acronyms are explained.

:)
  • Kshah786
    Options
    Coupon-mad : my only concern i have is that i had parked on cross hatchings however other appeals have been for overstaying or parking in unloading bays etc. How shall i go about this. Thanks in advance.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Makes no difference what the 'ticket' is for - that's irrelevant.

You need to understand the entire point is merely to appeal at the right time as the keeper, without saying who was driving.
  • Kshah786
    Options
    So shall i wait for the NTK before i appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No, that's not the advice there which specifically gives you a date to appeal.

:)
  • Kshah786
    Options
    Sorry im now a bit confused. It says on he newbie forum to wait 3 weeks. So shall i wait 3 weeks.? Thanks again
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    That's what I meant. The advice tells you when to appeal.

Some of these threads right now feel almost like a joke. The NEWBIES thread says what to do and when. There is no need to come back here and repeat it and ask again and we have no time - which is why the NEWBIE thread is there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure