MoneySupermarket's Insurance feedback

Options
12346»

Comments

• Got a list of quotes Moneysupermarket. Churchill was the cheapest so i went to the Churchill website and got a quote from there and saved another £20.
  • Chrisblue1962
    Options
    Filled in form only for site to refuse to give me quotes - button on website would not accept "click" command - totally pathetic :mad:
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• DingleyDell
    Options
    Just used Money Saving Supermarket for mine and my wifes car insurance renewals she saved a massive £1678 and me a bit more of a modist I £240, we had a multi car with Admiral and the quote was £3760, her bit was £2513 and we got it for less than a thousand pounds. Took a while to do and four goes round all of the discount sites. I would recommend doing this.
  • Billytf
    Billytf Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2018 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Having used MSE's web site before I decided to take their advice and chose MoneySupermarket to get Buildings and Contents quotes. In short time I had a range of quotes and although there were questions that I needed to answer once I have gone through to the insurers web site the process was straight forward. I will follow this process in future at renewal time and would recommend it to others.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MSM very expensive and significantly higher for the same car and same insurance company....why?
  • condoghost
    Options
    MoneySuperMarket One Call Insurance Price Cut

Very disappointed the "More" information does not clearly detail what is Standard for Home Emergency Cover and Legal Cover.

It is only after clicking the Go To Site button and after completing the payment process that we are presented with Optional Cover Recommendations Upsell Home Emergency Cover to discover the Standard Home Emergency Cover is almost "worthless" not covering the essentials of Heating, Boiler and so forth - an extra in the region of £40.00 after the policy has been purchased! The same goes with Legal Cover.

This information is not clear upfront before we are prompted to Go To Site.

I'll not fall into this trap next time and MoneySavingExpert ought to take a look at this, include a note in their Home insurance need-to-knows, perhaps even pointing us to check out comparisons for Home Emergency Cover and Legal Cover separately from Home Insurance before continuing with Step 1 The Top Comparison Sites.

I've always been impressed with MoneySavingExpert and always found them the best by far with their advice but in this instance I would strongly suggest MoneySavingExpert have a look at this Cheap Home Insurance section to see where it can be improved.
  • skinnylegs
    skinnylegs Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The 1st two quotes I looked at have compulsory continuous payment authority. Next stage in the auto renewal scam?
  • R_cooper
    Options
    got renewal quote of $390 from Directline after being with them for 17 yrs. looked on MSE went with Axa for better cover & $220, went back to Directline & the best they could do was $320. So for this year at least I'm with Axa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure