When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suspect you're probably right.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    He definitely didn't make anything here :rotfl::rotfl: He'll be home for dinner though.

Long story/rant coming up.

June 2015 we bought a new washer and dryer from an online company ;) Washer has done nothing but cause issues, they've repaired it 5 times in the first 12 months, I paid twice in the following 12 months and tbh since then I've just managed because I can't afford it :o
    Anyway many complaints to B3ko and nothing just standard out of 12 month warranty not our problem. So thought I'd let the online company know how dissapointed I was, that I didn't even have a working machine for 12 weeks before it broke down and the same problem has happened repeatedly since. They said nothing to do with them but I could take their extended cover and someone would come and repair it (£140 a year but would knock £40 off because of my issues or I could have £40 off a new washer) Told him to call me next week and I'll think.

Anyway this afternoon he called back and said he'd spoken to someone higher and they would take £127.75 of any washing machine they sell (the washer minus depreciation over 2.5 years)

Spoke to mum and shes going to put the £72 to that and get a new washer delivered :D

Can't believe how helpful online company has been :T:T Shame same can't be said for B3ko!
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Hidden, maybe it's the lawyer in me but I would have complained until they gave you a replacement for free. It's more than obvious that the machine they sold you was not fit for purpose! Seven repairs in two years is absolutely not reasonable at all. This isn't to take away from your achievement because loads of people would have kept hush about it so I'm so glad you got the £127 at least!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hidden, maybe it's the lawyer in me but I would have complained until they gave you a replacement for free. It's more than obvious that the machine they sold you was not fit for purpose! Seven repairs in two years is absolutely not reasonable at all. This isn't to take away from your achievement because loads of people would have kept hush about it so I'm so glad you got the £127 at least!

I just wanted them to come and fix mine for free to be honest :o

I'm worrying now about the extra money mums putting to it and kind of regretting it :o
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe OH is still playing silly b*****s. I'm ever so cross with him on your behalf :(

On the plus side you're doing fabulously without him. New oven, new kitchen bits, new job :)

Your kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mum - a role model to aspire to xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Can't believe OH is still playing silly b*****s. I'm ever so cross with him on your behalf :(

On the plus side you're doing fabulously without him. New oven, new kitchen bits, new job :)

Your kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mum - a role model to aspire to xx

Yep, wholeheartedly agree with you missus :D

If he is determined to stay away then why not make it easier for him and put his belongings on the doorstep and change the locks... ;) :rotfl:
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Yep, wholeheartedly agree with you missus :D

If he is determined to stay away then why not make it easier for him and put his belongings on the doorstep and change the locks... ;) :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    New job is confirmed and tax credits have been spoken too, although I'm going to call again tomorrow to confirm what was said. Although at the rate OH is working we won't lose them, he hasn't been in work again today :o Oh well fed him his dinner etc and he's away to friends. No bother for me I will just enjoy the peace in a nice clean house ;)

Kids away to bed, really on the countdown to the holidays now. We are going to make cards and gift boxes from things we've got in. Then bake cupcakes and make a little envelope with a seed and poem on for the teachers. I hope it doesn't make us look bad not spending any money :o

I've wrote the uniform list and I think my mum will help out with bits she usually does coats or shoes.

Going to catch up on some tv now and have a cuppa :p

Tennis :( Stamps feet :( not a good day. Countdown to next year starts ;)
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You are doing so well. Glad you are taking the jobs b. Those teacher presents sound so cute, perfect and personal.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thank you :)

Busy day doing boring jobs today, have new kitchen worktops being fitted tomorrow so need to make sure everythings ready for that.

Need to chase the prescription and get it corrected because we need some of the items they keep getting wrong. Have spoken to consultant and got different codes to what the GP is using in the hope that the new codes link to the correct items.

Need to clear the fridge and make any sorry looking ends of things into good things for the freezer ;) Along with writing the shopping list for tomorrow. Hopefully a very short list :p Although my yard brush seems to have grown legs and ran away so will need a new outside brush, maybe I'll get that today, definitely a need I can't not sweep up :o

Hope everyone has a lovely day :) Nearly weekend ;) x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport