PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bedrooms aired whlst I did ironing and put away 1 load of washing, TD & WM both reloaded.

Coffee made and 'Frog' on the kitchen table so going to go through and see what else I need. I know I will need to print and printer is out of black so will go and get that later but want to see what else is needed first.

Off I go!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    coughed all night.. coughed all morning.. girls were little turds because they are tired.. cancelled dentist appointment to avoid coughing and vomitting on the poor woman.. kicked OH and girls out to school, they are all in super-stupid mode today. apparently it is suddenly ok to stand about looking gormless .. it took 5 people to look in one bookbag for an exercise book... so they all got hoofed out of the door and it slammed behind them.. Today is not a day to mess with me!

Off to feed a baby and make more tea and feed the TD

School have just decided parents can spend 10 minutes in foundation class at the start of every day doing and activity with the children.. but.. if they are not there at 8:50 they are supposedly 'late' but what are they disrupting if they arrive after then if they have parents milling about, are not doing the register or anything productive?? Surely if they were going to do this they should say arrive at 8:40 and stay for 10 minutes.. how does that work? It sounds stupid to me. They have gone in perfectly merrily the whole of last term and now they want to change things.. so parents feel mean if they can't stay and child is begging them to because 'all the others do' and if you do stay they think you're staying all day so screech when you leave... totally idiotic idea... and all this rubbish about 'online homework' is ridiculous.. my daughter is 4 she does not need to do her homework online thank you very much!!! She needs to learn pen control and letter formation not how to press a button!!

Today.. I have rage!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 January 2018 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I didn't post yesterday, as I spent the day in bed with this bug but I feel a bit more human today.

Marvellous Monday
    Sort through a pile of paperwork – file or shred as required
    HHI
    Discuss storage options for ds2’s room with dh
    Clean the sink
    Check through the contents of the fridge
    Clean the work surfaces
    Sweep and mop the floor

Tuesday - Master Bedroom
    Hoover the bedroom floor
    Sort through home study courses and schedule work to meet deadlines
    Take measurement for bedroom curtains and look for some online
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    HHI

Wonderful Wednesday- Kids Bedrooms
    Open the window
    Close the window (like you haven't already)
    Dust the headboard or vacuum as appropriate
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe or any other clutter
    Dust all horizontal surfaces - vertical too, if you have time
    Polish any mirrors
    Make sure bedside cabinets are clear of clutter
    HHI - don't let it build up

Thrilling Thursday - Bathroom
    Let the chickens out and feed animals
    Paid stuff
    Deal with the post rather than piling it up
    Catch up with emails
    Make a start on organising diary for next month
    Check online banking
    Attend meeting regarding work
    Check survey sites
    Look onsite for info about switching bank accounts
    HHI
    Pop into school to pay new term monies
    Contact uni regarding course change
    1 load of laundry
    Clean the sinks
    Clean the bath
    Clean the shower
    Clean the toilet
    Sweep and mop the floors
    Close the chickens away and feed animals
    Update diary
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had honourable intentions of Flying honest but real life keeps getting in the way. Am planning to do some when I get back from getting the horses in after lunch - just got back from GP for blood test to see if I have arthritis and if so which type. Picked up Ibuprofen gel so will smother my forearms in that.

Rang HMRC re dropping hours and it won't make any different to tax credits but they suggested I speak to the citizens advice bureau to see if we can get any more assistance. I'm really scared I won't be able to work any more and really don't know anything apart from typing plus normal stuff will aggravate my arms. Maybe I just need a month off - I don't know. Getting me down a bit to be honest.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Mumof2. I'm having similar problems atm and have an appointment with the GP tomorrow. The pain alone is enough to get you down, let alone the financial worries. Keep posting on here and we will all do our best to help you through this difficult time x

This morning I have made phonecalls, paid a bill, started typing up a service booklet and made :coffee: It doesn't sound much :(
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies,

Hugest of hugs to you Mumof2.Please forgive me if I have missed something, but has J had any luck finding work? You know you can always log on here and find some listening ears. Chin up chick xx

Piggers - you sound like you need a week's all inclusive holiday in the sun by yourself! xx

Been rushing hither and dither since dropping the kiddies off. Need to go back out shortly to taxi elderly relative around then school run. In between that a chap is coming to fix our kitchen radiator which is currently out of action.

Was going to have a salad for lunch but I want something warm so salmon and spinach it is.

TD is on, beds are made and I have cleaned the downstairs toilet, that will have to be good enough for today!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    (((Hugs))) Mumof2. I'm having similar problems atm and have an appointment with the GP tomorrow. The pain alone is enough to get you down, let alone the financial worries. Keep posting on here and we will all do our best to help you through this difficult time

Thank you; it's horrible and the pain is just always there. I'm seriously contemplating taking a month off to see if it gets better and then slowing starting to build again. So sorry to hear that you are suffering too.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Hugest of hugs to you Mumof2.Please forgive me if I have missed something, but has J had any luck finding work? You know you can always log on here and find some listening ears. Chin up chick xx

J has been offered a job BUT it's subject to satisfactory security clearance and so far we haven't heard anything and it's awful just having to keep waiting and waiting for things to come through. J has a nagging feeling something has happened (he had a couple of run ins in his previous job and is scared that it may have affected their response to the checks - none of which were his fault) and he's not feeling confident so is a bit down which in turn makes me feel worse cos I can't earn very much due to stupid arm and hands injuries.

Thanks to both of you for your support and I know I can post on here - nerves are starting to jangle a bit!

Flying wise I've taken the wet washing out of the machine. Not a lot really!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Flying wise I've taken the wet washing out of the machine. Not a lot really!
    Every little bit helps - don't be hard on yourself x

I'm about to take Rosie for a walk and also need to post a packet and a birthday card at the post office.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    ((Hugs)) Mumof2. Honestly sometimes I don't fly at all despite the intentions, so you are doing just fine. And I don't have constant pain to contend with.

Fabulous news, Lynne :T

I think I was awake for most of last night thinking anything over and over again. The result was that I went into work for a couple of hours to start preparing a report which I need to get done for next week, and for which I seem to develop a complete mental blank when I look at it. As it is only done twice a year, I think I manage to blank it out of my mind, so each time it is like the first time!

I had to take DD for an appointment after that (on the very-long-list-of-things-I can-worry-about-in-the-dark-list). She was a bit stunned after it, but still had the effects of the anaesthetic. Now that has worn off, she is on the pain killers for the next couple of days. I've been checking on her every 5 minutes, and ticking off bits of flying as I go. WM run, downstairs toilet cleaned, ensuite given a good going over, even the blind which was grim and has been on my list for....a while. Ironing done, stair and hall paintwork wiped - a random job I found myself doing, just because I had a bucket of hot water and a cloth in hand.

Slinky challenge still appears to have to get off the ground. H2H not doing much better, although I am having a rethink on what I need to do in the spare bedroom and utility room. Hopefully then I can make a difference. Just having a cuppa then I might force myself to sort out the top drawer in the kitchen. DH has been using it a dumping ground, so I am sure there are treasures that can leave the house. 3 melon ballers anybody??:rotfl:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rage despatched on a teachers head.. in a very polite way... having a 4 year old do her homework on an ipad when they have not mastered reading and writing is just plain wrong... and I know the teachers agree.. now I am on a quest to persuade the deputy head.. I am not happy!! Pixie wants to learn, she can use an ipad.. she needs to read and write...
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts