IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hopson Solicitors Letter

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 September 2017 at 6:17PM
    Options
    What .... are you saying they are thin skinned and will take offence at any words that hint they may be a "a dishonest and corrupt firm".

Nothing, of course, could be further from the truth.

Corrupt? No.
    Delusional? Yes
    Paranoid? I'll leave you to decide.

Edit: It has been pointed out to me that a body corporate such as a firm of solicitors cannot, by definition, be delusional so I accept that point.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2017 at 7:52PM
    Options
    What I am saying is that someone, I suspect it could be a solicitor from Cheltenham, is complaining to the people with blue pencils about every post which paints his firm and his clients in a bad light.

He objected strongly to Beamer's suggestion that times were hard and he was having to accept parking cases, he objected to others who opined that he had pimped his letterhead to debt collectors. He may have done neither, but several law firms in this sector have.

For whatever reason, the fact remains that PPCs are a blight on the landscape, and operating at the outer limits of the law.

However many posts he gets removed, the fact remains that the letter he sent to the OP was, in the opinion of most of us, including a couple of lawyers, full of half truths and misleading statements, and HAS be copied to the SRA and the Law Society.

He may not like it, but when he sides with the private parking industry he acts against the interests of honest but often poorly educated and vulnerable consumers.

I invite him to come on here and debate the issue with me.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "However many posts he gets removed, the fact remains that the letter he sent to the OP was, in the opinion of most of us, including a couple of lawyers, full of half truths and misleading statements, and HAS be copied to the SRA and the Law Society. "

This is now the stage this has reached. Trading Standards should
    also be copied in and your local MP who should be invited to
    support the forthcoming private members bill
  • The_Deep
    Options
    Perhaps Mr Hopson might like to read what happened to another solicitor, Miah, when they decided to get in bed with a private parking company, read the comments.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/miahsolicitors/

I expect that this has cost Miah thousands.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Perhaps Mr Hopson might like to read what happened to another solicitor, Miah, when they decided to get in bed with a private parking company, read the comments.

Brilliant 1.3/5 at least people are allowed to say what they feel on FB, I'm sure these Muppets thought a FB page would be nice and cuddly for them, ha ha that didn't work!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

One would imagine and hope so.

Imagine 'working' on behalf of ex-clampers to demand money that's not owed, misstating the facts about the Beavis case to pretend it makes all 'parking tickets' recoverable (LOL - how do we win over 99% of defended cases, then!!) and not realising that your own firm would get their name besmirched.

If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas, as they say. Miah should have taken note.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Amazing that they managed even to get a 1.3/5 rating... still, that single 5* review from a 'Mukith Miah' probably helped :D
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I invite him to come on here and debate the issue with me.

I wouldn't hold your breath!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    Options
    I shall not.

I suspect that he knows that he would lose, he is on the wrong side of the argument.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sweetsensation ...

have you received a reply to your letter yet ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure