Unoffical Existing Customer Balance Transfers

Options

Comments

• Yaja
    Yaja Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    got 3.9% until 30 May 2004 from MBNA on a reneg....after the 2.9% for 6months they gave me previously expired.
  • Yaja
    Yaja Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    ALSO - isnt this thread for UNOFFICIAL RATES...there seems to be alot of OFFICIAL rates mentioned on this thread
  • Nickynoo1
    Nickynoo1 Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Co-op Platinum card. 8.9% on BT and purchases for 5 years!
    16/06/16 £11446 30/12/16 £9661.49
    01/08/17 £7643.69
  • stub451
    stub451 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Slightly off topic but...MBNA wouldn't give me better than BT 4.9% for 6 months as an existing customer. But helpful salesbod recommended reapplying for new 0% BT and cancelling existing card at the same time - i.e. not over extending credit/adding burden to credit rating.
  • laminki
    laminki Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    HSBC offered me 3.9% for life for a balance transfer. Also payments are preferentially diverted to pay off normal monthly spending (which is charged at a higher rate) This means you can carry on spending on this card.

So far I've said "no" but may change my mind. Particularly if savings/bond rates keep going up!
  • BikingBud
    BikingBud Posts: 1,755 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just been turned down by FD as i've had the card nearly 12 months. It seems they are only interested in new business. I tried explaining that I would put a substantial amount on the card and that it was easier than trying to go around the houses.

They did say they would transfer me to the loans dept to see if they could do anything. No Thanks.

I will send an email and see what they say, gotta try. That said I did £7.5K off them at 0% for 6 mths the first time round.

BB
  • BikingBud
    BikingBud Posts: 1,755 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

FD came up trumps set the interest @ 0% for a further 6 months.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BB
  • Margaret_Millne
    Options
    I managed to get RBS Advanta to give me (or at least my husband on his card) a £3800 balance transfer for 5.9% until paid off - so that's come off his Egg card balance saving 8%. They did say this was a one off though. Have had the RBS Advanta for about a year, but not used it since the original intro offer ran out.

Tried the same with Goldfish, but they would only give us 6.9% for six months. Still that's a saving of 7% on another £6500. Only had this card since the beginning of the year, and again stopped using at end of intro period.

Egg cards now clear, so will only use them for purchases - 0.5% cash back - and will pay off in full each month.

Should be able to make good inroads into these now, as we now have no cards charging more than 6.9%, some less than that, and by the time the 6 months is up we may be able to get another 0% deal somewhere.

Rochdale Guy can take heart in the fact he is doing so well, and there is at least us that are in a worse state than he is. We will keep plodding on, and will get it sorted eventually.

MM
  • smiggers
    smiggers Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    CO-OP are offering existing cardholders 1.9% for 6 months on their affinity cards (eg RSPB ,RSPCA) if transferred before end January 2004.
  • tpsinger
    Options
    Just got 7.9% for 6 months from marbles, they originally said 9.9% but then I got put through to loans (they can give you a decision staright away with lower rates he said (and it's only for £500) - they offered me 16% with 2 months interest early repayment penalty), so I asked to be put back through for a balance transfer. The woman who answered said they couldn't increase my credit limit ??? After explaining (twice) that I didn't want an increased limit she offered me 7.9% which I said I'd have, and they're now sending me balance transfer cheques. So a 2% saving for 2 minutes isn't bad (although it's only on £500 but every penny counts :P)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure